PDA

View Full Version : Update: Beware Tastetesta AKA EliteRTSFPS2002

WesleySr
06-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Well, I think I almost got scammed. I got a different name than any of the others list for his address and user name. You be the judge here is the entire AOL Instant Message:

EliteRTSFPS2002: Hello
EliteRTSFPS2002: Im the person from the SSG Boards
EliteRTSFPS2002: With the Loose FFs, Sacul, and B Wing
EliteRTSFPS2002: You there?
Wesley James Sr: sorry
Wesley James Sr: went upstairs
EliteRTSFPS2002: Welcome Back
Wesley James Sr: okay so what do i gotta give to get george?
Wesley James Sr: how about all 4 playsets?
EliteRTSFPS2002: 4 being?
EliteRTSFPS2002: DSE, DBR, which other two?
Wesley James Sr: detention block/death star escape/ hoth battle/ender battle
EliteRTSFPS2002: Sorry I dont need Ender... I forgot to update my want list
Wesley James Sr: okay
EliteRTSFPS2002: You really want Jorg :( I went through hell for him
Wesley James Sr: you what the worse thing is? i was going to go to C2 but couldnt because i got a new job as a 911 dispatcher
EliteRTSFPS2002: I would have loved to go to C2, I asked a friend who lived by it to go.
EliteRTSFPS2002: Im scared of plane rides
Wesley James Sr: because of 9-11?
EliteRTSFPS2002: Yes... then the news reporters have to report every crash following it
EliteRTSFPS2002: I forgot to mention seeing this Wampa w/ Luke Skywalker .00 Green Box
Wesley James Sr: im working on another trade with it
EliteRTSFPS2002: Oh
Wesley James Sr: if it doesnt work out then maybe we can work something out
EliteRTSFPS2002: Whats the guy giving you for it, just wondering?
Wesley James Sr: let me check
Wesley James Sr: dont recall right off
Wesley James Sr: tie interceptor
Wesley James Sr: and some other things from both sides
EliteRTSFPS2002: Could you somehow maybe do Hoth Battle Han Taun Taun for BWing, Loose FF's, and some of the SAGA guys you needed?
EliteRTSFPS2002: oops at the DTE and DBR
EliteRTSFPS2002: and*
EliteRTSFPS2002: I was going to have a Jorg displayed and im recieving one in another trade that I would have carded... I could trade the carded one I guess...
Wesley James Sr: let me see
Wesley James Sr: Han Tauntaun, DSE, DBR for B-Wing, loose FF slides, and Saga figures?
EliteRTSFPS2002: I can throw in some more saga guys for Hoth Battle too
EliteRTSFPS2002: #11 Battle Droid (Arena Battle) (white)
#32 Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master)
#33 Endor Rebel Soldier (version 1)
#33 Endor Rebel Soldier (version 2)
#34 Massiff with Geonosian Handler
#35 Orn Free Ta (Ryloth Senator)
#39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
#40 Dejus Puhr (Alien Bounty Hunter)
Saga guys I have
Wesley James Sr: so how many figures for everything plus the Hoth Battle?
Wesley James Sr: brb
EliteRTSFPS2002: How much do you value the Bwing and loose FF's and value your stuff?
EliteRTSFPS2002: Id just make up the difference with them
EliteRTSFPS2002: I honestly never dealt FF's except for once, when I sent the 4 Fan CLub Exclusive ones.
Wesley James Sr: i dont really know how much the FF's are worth loose
EliteRTSFPS2002: Well Ill just propose a deal and we can work with it
Wesley James Sr: ok
EliteRTSFPS2002: Han Tauntaun, DSE, Host battle, DBR for B-Wing, loose FF slides, #11 Battle Droid (Arena Battle) (white)
EliteRTSFPS2002: does that seem fair?
Wesley James Sr: how about drop #11 and throw in #34,35?
EliteRTSFPS2002: I have all the FF's listed but Weequay so thats 25 total
EliteRTSFPS2002: How about 1 or the other?
Wesley James Sr: lets just go with your first offer
Wesley James Sr: that will be fine
EliteRTSFPS2002: Han Tauntaun, DSE, Host battle, DBR for B-Wing, loose FF slides, #11 Battle Droid (Arena Battle) (white)
right?
Wesley James Sr: yeah
EliteRTSFPS2002: Ok let me draw up an email so I know everything.
Wesley James Sr: okay
EliteRTSFPS2002: Would you mind Priority mail send same day?
Wesley James Sr: well, unless i can get someone to go to the post office for me i cant send until Thursday
Wesley James Sr: i have to work 7a to 7 p Sunday to Wednesday
EliteRTSFPS2002: Ok, so send same day Priority mail on Thursday?
Wesley James Sr: but i can probably get my mom to drop it off if i box it up
Wesley James Sr: you gonna be on for awhile?
EliteRTSFPS2002: Sure
Wesley James Sr: my dinner is ready and i gotta go eat
EliteRTSFPS2002: Enjoy
Wesley James Sr: ill call my mom and see if she will drop off a package at the post office on Monday and I will let you know
EliteRTSFPS2002: Great
Wesley James Sr: welcome back
EliteRTSFPS2002: Enjoy your dinner?
EliteRTSFPS2002: Ty
Wesley James Sr: yep
EliteRTSFPS2002: Ok did you find out if your mom can send on Monday?

Wesley James Sr: yep, she can
EliteRTSFPS2002: Ok, I'll be sending Monday also then.
EliteRTSFPS2002: Ill email you to tell you went its sent
Wesley James Sr: do you have any references?
EliteRTSFPS2002: Yes, you?
EliteRTSFPS2002: If you want them Ill have to dig them up
Wesley James Sr: i have 174 rating on ebay and i have been a long time member of Tusken Trader sponsored by yakface.com
EliteRTSFPS2002: Ebay is evil lol
Wesley James Sr: and no negative or neutral comments on my feedback
EliteRTSFPS2002: I won one auction in my entire life
Wesley James Sr: yeah, but it is the best place to find stuff sometimes
EliteRTSFPS2002: I swear Im winning an auction the whole time its up then someone outbids me at 1 second
Wesley James Sr: works good as a price guide too
EliteRTSFPS2002: True
Wesley James Sr: me too, that happened to me like 3 times within an hour by the same guy and i emailed him and asked him how he did it and he said he had a program that automatically bid within the last few seconds
EliteRTSFPS2002: Oh my god, a program that does that...
EliteRTSFPS2002: Now thats why Ebay is evil
EliteRTSFPS2002: Oh btw
EliteRTSFPS2002: The auction I won was with Buy it now LOL!!
Wesley James Sr: thats funny
EliteRTSFPS2002: Mom needs comp, cya tomorrow or later tonight

EliteRTSFPS2002: Hey
Wesley James Sr: hey
EliteRTSFPS2002: We never exchanged address
EliteRTSFPS2002: Right?
Wesley James Sr: right
EliteRTSFPS2002: Ok here's mine
EliteRTSFPS2002: John Stallos
EliteRTSFPS2002: 34 Albany Road
EliteRTSFPS2002: Marlton NJ 08053
EliteRTSFPS2002: Yours?
Wesley James Sr: hold on for a sec
Wesley James Sr: click here and explain this???
EliteRTSFPS2002: What am I explaining?
Wesley James Sr: read it
EliteRTSFPS2002: I have many a time
EliteRTSFPS2002: If you noticed no one ever traded with me
EliteRTSFPS2002: Just talking stages with about 15 people
EliteRTSFPS2002: So..?
Wesley James Sr: Yup, I got this info just a day too late.

Heres what I lost:

A-Wing Pilot (Loose)
Teebo (Carded)
BoShek (Loose)
R4-M9 (Loose)
Chancellor Palpatine (Carded)
Dooku (Carded)
Mace Windu (Carded)
Luke Bloody (Carded) x2
Masiff (Loose)
Djas Puhr (Loose)
Vader Bespin (Carded)
Fode and Bebe (Carded)

Apparently I was going to get these:

R2-B1, TC-14, Holo Sidius, Big Head R2, and Sacul

Wesley James Sr: then why are 5 or 6 different names and none of them match what you told me
EliteRTSFPS2002: Read more, you will notice he recieved his end of the deal a day late.
EliteRTSFPS2002: Ok so.. now what?
Wesley James Sr: well, after reading all of that and the different names, the only way I am willing to trade is if you send first, if not, then i guess the deal is off
Wesley James Sr: i am sorry, but it has me spooked, and i am not willing to take any chances
EliteRTSFPS2002: Would devlivery confirm make you trade same time then?
Wesley James Sr: nope, because there is no way to insure you would even put anything in the box
EliteRTSFPS2002: ...
EliteRTSFPS2002: Everytime i trade the postman puts the stuff in the box
EliteRTSFPS2002: Would you live video footage from a Post Office?
EliteRTSFPS2002: Also a box has weight, an empty box would weigh more than $3.20
Wesley James Sr: you could put a brick in it
EliteRTSFPS2002: You think crazy
EliteRTSFPS2002: Would you like previous references of people that have actually traded with me?
Wesley James Sr: nope, the only way is to send first, i am sorry but there are too many different names and too many complaints
EliteRTSFPS2002: Are you incompetent and cant read?

Count Matchew
06-09-2002, 01:45 PM
Sounds like the same guy...I've been calling people around his area so hopefully i'll get his number and have a little talk with his mother...By the way call the postal inspectors number...peace

Forhekset
06-09-2002, 04:29 PM
I nearly got burned by that guy too, using yet another name, but the same address. Fortunately I read a warning here about him first and then told him to forget the trade. Last I heard a couple of guys he ripped off who live near his house were going to go have a "talk" with him.

icatch9
06-11-2002, 01:52 PM
WesleySr, that is probally my Jorg you where trying to trade. I am afraid I may be his next victom. I had a trade with him on Friday 6/7 in wich I traded him a mint Jorg for several Mint FF frame on US card includeing AT ST Driver, Ree Yees, TIE Pilot, Vader RH, Vader, and Royal Guard. I thougt it was to good to be true, but I trusted that he wanted the Jorg more. I am worried that I wont see a thing. He just emailed me saying that his came and he hadn't mailed mine yet becasue he got confused with another trade. Unfortunetly I didn't come across this warning until just now. I guess I just sent that a hole a free Sacul.

I trust there is little I can do to get anything back huh?

cptpinkerton
06-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Icatch9 - headover to thejawa.com forums and there's some guy there, one of the main guys who runs the site who has a bunch of info on how to report postal fraud. I'd look into that, and I think a few people might have been planning to go to the address they've been sending the figures to.
Luke

EliteRTSFPS2002
06-11-2002, 04:37 PM
by friday u will eat your words kthx

WesleySr
06-11-2002, 06:05 PM
Well,

Like I said, I am not accusing him of anything, it is just the fact that I got a name totally different than any of the other ones I had seen. Heck, I would still be interested in trading with him, if he was willing to send first, but I am not going to send at the same time. But, I just wanted to post the info because of what all was said and the fact that it was just too suspicious, the fact that he was using a different ID, and that fact that he called me incompetent and couldn't read (kinda took that personal :) ) especially coming from an apparent kid. If I was incompetent and couldn't read I sure wouldn't be a 911 dispatcher. So who is the incompetent one? Well, enough of my rambling, but like I said hey, if you really want the stuff that bad, send first, I would be more than willing to trade, but under that condition only.

Gotta go,
Wesley Sr.

JediJeff77
06-11-2002, 08:38 PM
Wow a REAL 911 dispatcher!

WesleySr
06-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Yes a REAL 911 dispatcher and a REAL volunteer firefighter. Anything else?

metaljedi
06-11-2002, 11:19 PM
He's a loser, a liar, a cheat and a freak. Maybe when he's brought up on mail fraud charges he'll realize that he is.

Forhekset
06-12-2002, 08:58 AM
I was going to make a trade with this guy, and I asked him for feedback or trade references. He ignored the question. Then when I sent him the link to the thread on the TheJawa's forum talking about him, he didn't even bother to reply back and defend himself. That's an admission of guilt right there.

pthfnder89
06-12-2002, 10:40 AM
In that IM he also lists the 2nd version of the Endor Rebel Trooper for trade. Um.. has this even come out yet? I don't think so.:rolleyes:

Sark
06-12-2002, 02:11 PM
This guy also made a trade offer with me, I asked him to email me with his shipping info, nothing. Then after seeing this thread, I private messeged him back, and stated that I would be happy to trade with him, but due to the negattive press concerning him, I request that he send first, with a valid tracking #, again nothing. Then he replied to my trade post under his other name, offering me a Dooku for my Final Battle Jango, I asked hm again for shipping info, and to send first along with a valid #, once again nothing in response. seems to me that he's just fishing for a stooge to rip off. Best of luck in straightening this fool out.

metaljedi
06-12-2002, 04:47 PM
He tried to cry to me in an IM so I blocked him. I wonder if he'll pay for any of the eBay auctions he's bid on via killerseemen.

icatch9
06-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Seems I was this guys latest victom. I got my box today and was very disapointed. Our trade was supposed to be this.

A mint Jorg Sacul, FB Jango, Eeth Koth, and Bo Shek

For NM-M FF AT ST driver, TIE Pilot, Ree Yees, Darth Vader, Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet, and Royal Guard.

Today I got my box and it had in it Bo Shek, Eeth Koth, AT ST Driver on green card, and FF Death Star Trooper.

Nothing what we agreed upon. The guys over at jawatrader have more info on bringing this guy to justice. He's getting investiaged at the end of the month by the postal inspectors. Don't worry, he'll get what is comeing to him.

I'm sad that I got ripped off, but I know this kid will get what is comeing to him

echo1six
06-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Sorry to here what happened, Check this out this is what i had to do maybe it could of helped you. If after you send a package you sence a disturbance in the force or find a bad post on some one go to your post office and ask for a PS form 1509 (application for recall of mail) then call information and get the number of the post office that your package is going to be delivered through. In this case Marlton, NJ's post office get there fax number and then fax them the 1509. Then you call and bug them "did you stop my package?" Then if you got delivery confirmation your package will show "your package was returned to sender because it was not deliverable" this saved me from loosing a Haun and tauntaun, scanning crew trooper, and a darktrooper.

Hey i have a extra vader removable helmet to trade, and wont rip you off like that stunted slime.

KIDD
06-14-2002, 11:10 PM
he tried today to rip me off for my eopie & quigon. he used destroyerdroid2000

QLD
06-15-2002, 02:26 PM
He just sent me a message today wanting me to trade him my bloody luke for a zuckuss. Glad I have been reading up on this guy, or I might have fell for it. He used EliteRTSFPS2002. I told him where he could go. Can't Sir Steve ban this guys IP address or something?

Dar' Argol
06-15-2002, 03:17 PM
JarJar has alerted me to this problem and I have emailed SirSteve the links. As soon as he gets his email, something should be done.

Meanwhile, can we get a list of all od his alias?? That way SirSteve has a better idea of what is going on by all of the names he's used.

Beast
06-15-2002, 10:32 PM
Lets see, known Alias as of this point:

Forum Names:
Swdealah (New Name Here)
Tastetesta (ssg +)
EliteRTSFPS2002 (ssg)
ImperialRTS (Rebelscum)
TheSWNut (New Rebelscum Name)

Names:
Rob Smith
Evan Goodman
Vince Laps
John Stallos
Jeremy Shivers (new)
Joe bryant (new)
Jimmy samtom (new)

Email Addy:
killerseemen@aol.com
TheDestroyer2000@aol.com
EliteRTSFPS2002@aol.com
swjediengineer@aol.com

Address:
34 ALBANY RD
MARLTON, NEW JERSEY

508 Northwood Circle (new)
Lynchburg Va 24503

3950 Fort Avenue (new)
Lynchburg, VA 24502

I will post more, as I dig them up and read them on posts. I am not condoning violence, but anyone in NJ that wants to pay his house and his parents a visit, go for it. A word to the wise, this punk changes his name often, to try to stay ahead of the pack. Do not trust any newcomers in the forums. Make them send first, or use a third party. :)

Warning, he appears to have an accomplice in LynchBurg VA now, as those 2 newest addresses are what he is saying to send stuff to. Probably a cousin, or some other thief punk that he met online.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

KIDD
06-15-2002, 10:36 PM
and now swdelah aka joe bryant

Dar' Argol
06-15-2002, 11:09 PM
I can attest that swdelah is the same person. I checked his IP address and it is the same as the others. I am sending SirSteve another email, letting him know about these known alias and the fact that he re-registered as another user. Hopefully this can end, and everyone can go back to buisness.

Like JarJar said, if you are suspicious of a new user, make them send first.

Beast
06-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Thanks Dar' Argol. This little punk needs to be taught a lesson. Swdealah, you are officially busted before you could rip anyone off. I would like to thank everyone that has become much more observant since dealing with this twerp. I am updating the previous post, with the new info, and his two new alias that I receieved. Thanks everyone, lets show this guy that you dont do this to star wars collectors. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

JJB

cptpinkerton
06-15-2002, 11:29 PM
Is there not someone in Jersey who can put a stop to this?
Aren't there any hardcore thuggin SW collectors out there who would go and pull a Tony Soprano on this guy?

echo1six
06-16-2002, 01:03 AM
After almost ripping me off he is still up to no good.
Be carefull he sends e-mails of people he supposedly has traded with but they are his alternative e-mail addresses and he sends a good reference for him self. He is still trying to get my Han and tauntaun. I cut and paste his e-mails below check out two more new e-mail addresses he's using: I RECOMEND NOT TRADING WITH ANYONE THAT DOES NOT HAVE SOME POSITIVE FEEDBACK LEFT ON THIS FORUM: IF THEY HAVE NONE TELL THEM TO GET LOST, A CROOK WILL NOT HAVE POSITIVE FEED BACK ON HERE (USUALLY)

CROOK: I know this sounds odd, but I saw on an SSG bad trader post that you had a
scanning trooper. I have the following to trade:
Beast Packs:

Hans Solo w/ Taun Taun
Luke Skywalker w/ Wampa
Luke Skywalker w/ Taun Taun
Jawa w/ Ranto
Hans Solo w/ Jabba the Hutt

Ep1:

Darth Maul (tatooine) w/ comm. Tech chip
Sio Bibble w/ comm. Tech chip
Queen Amidala Coursucant w/ chip
Queen Amidala (battle) w/ chip
Jar Jar (Naboo Swamp) w/ chip
Tc 14 w/ chip
R2 B1 w/ chip
Captain Tarpals w/ chip
Chancellor Valorum w/ chip

FF:

Slave Leia
Darth Vader (with removable helmet)
Zuckuss
Stormtrooper
Luke Skywalker (stormtrooper disguise)
Yak Face

3 Pack:

Watto’s Box
Tatooine Showdown
Mos Espa Encounter

CROOK: How about Sio for ST or Zuckuss and Queen for ST?

CROOK: Yes it is, both are MOMC too.

Address:
Joe Bryant
1508 Northwood Circle
Lynchburg, VA 24503
References:
tastycake12@yahoo.com
Quincey87@hotmail.com

CROOK: No I dont have forum feedback that are made as posts. I dont plan on ripping
anyone off.

Beast
06-16-2002, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the info, echo1six. So this proves that he definatly has an alternate address, or a accoplice in Lynchburg, VA. Beware of anyone from there, or from Marlton, New Jersey. Glad that the decent people here are banding together, and trying to stop this little punk. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

echo1six
06-16-2002, 01:11 AM
Here is the e-mail address he sent me those e-mails with

SWJediEngineer@aol.com

jedicrippler
06-16-2002, 01:21 AM
Yo JJB add TheSWNut to the list as an ID used at Rebelscum by this kid. We just bagged & tagged that one too. Same e-mail as the one echo just pointed out.

Dar' Argol
06-16-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by jedicrippler
Yo JJB add TheSWNut to the list as an ID used at Rebelscum by this kid. We just bagged & tagged that one too. Same e-mail as the one echo just pointed out.

Thanx Jedicrippler. Maybe Rebelscum and SSG can work together for once to nail this jerk! He's rippin us all off!!!

Beast
06-16-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by jedicrippler
Thanks for the info, Jedicrippler. Can you supply me with his Rebelscum Member Number so I can look up his posts. I appreciate you all, and the information you are providing so we can stop this punk. Hey jedicrippler, take a klondike bar out of petty cash. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-16-2002, 01:37 AM
No worries, I went over there and was able to dig it up.

Member Number: 4497

http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00004497

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kingkirk04
06-16-2002, 01:20 PM
Hey, I got another alias of his.

jimmy samtom
34 albany road
marlton nj 08053

This kid will never learn.

Beast
06-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Thanks Kingkirk04. Where is he using that one at? Feel free to take a Klondike Bar out of petty cash. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kingkirk04
06-16-2002, 07:21 PM
This was on rebelscum, on his email SWjediengineer@aol.com

The proposed trade was my Scanning Crew Technician for R2-B1.
He demanded that I send first. He provided me a list of refs about 5 people long. I didn't check them out though, since I really dont have time to deal with scumbags like this guy.

maul4ever
06-16-2002, 10:04 PM
this is what i know

SWJediEngineer@aol.com email address he emailed me from

tommy dormer
34 albany road
marlton nj 08053 address he told me to send to

instant messaged me for a trade (my saga puhr and palpy for his sio bibble and queen amidala battle from ep1.) odd because he only want to trade one of the two then with no agrument at all he said both.

we need to nail this slimball

Beast
06-16-2002, 10:11 PM
Glad you didn't get taken by this punk maul4ever. Why do people have to do this stuff, and cause fear and paranoia to run rampent in the forums. It hurts the whole community that are 99% honest, when we have 1 or 2 punks that are just looking to rip people off. Disgusting creatures, I would rather trade with a Hutt or Toydarian. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

echo1six
06-16-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey some one judge this for me, because as far as im concerned i wouldn't send canned goods to new jersey if the state was starving, Looks like there is some kind of sith circle there. Just seemed this guy had alot of excuses in his e-mail. If this guy is legit let me know, if not post what you know, thanks Echo1six.

My e-mail

Hey since the stuff in new jersey is going on i will not send anything first there, sorry. I would be more than happy to trade but i will require you to send first. You need to go see that punk in Marlton that is causing problems and ruining it for you. any way it is the 3 3/4 taun taun and is in a near mint box, no dent or dings in box. LMK i will look at some of your references over the next two days, but doubt i change my mind.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 2:54 PM
To: Shaun VandeVord
Subject: RE: Trade Post

hey. i had to work yesterday. that is why i emailed you so early in the
morning and wasnt able to email you back until now. i am a medical
resident and was on call last night. i didnt get back till this
afternoon. sorry about that...

i do still want to trade. i wanted to verify that it was the 3 3/4"
version han tauntaun?? and that it was in pretty decent condition. the
potj tie interceptor is in good condition.

here are some references for you.....

i have been trading on line for about 3 years now. i havent been on ssg
much. i have been on the tradefederation.net, thejawa.com, and rebelscum
more. my ID is cohens4 on all of them. i think i have a 30 or so feedback
on tradefed, and 5 or so on thejawa.com. i have a 30+ rating on ebay
under cohens4 as well.

i have been reading all of this nonesense about tastetesta. i almost got
scammed by him as well. i was going to buy a fan club version r2 with holo
leia for $90. something just didnt seem right. since he lived about 2
hours away, i suggested we meet in person to complete it. that is when he
told me he was 12 and the deal just really started going sour after that.
he strung me along....

here is my info.....

stephen cohen

thanks
stephen

Dar' Argol
06-16-2002, 11:04 PM
echo1six, does he have a name here, at SSG? If so, git me the name and I can check his IP address and see if it is the same.

echo1six
06-16-2002, 11:20 PM
This is the only user name supplied,

cohens4

this is on a jawa, ebay, and rebelscum name as i was told, he said he didn't use ssg much,

Beast
06-16-2002, 11:24 PM
I don't like the vibes I am getting from it. Especially when he says that he was going to "buy a fan club version r2 with holo leia for $90." There is no such thing, so that sets off red flags and warnings bells right there. Anyone that has as much good feedback, and is as good a trader as this guy says he is, and doesn't know that sets off alarms. Looks like the punks new scam is to use well known traders names. Of course, that is only my opinion on this. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-16-2002, 11:30 PM
I just ran "cohens4" on a usernames search over at TheJawa.com. Nothing comes up, definatly be wary of this guy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

echo1six
06-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Thanks jar jar your are the super slueth of this site, MTFBWY

Beast
06-16-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by echo1six
Thanks jar jar your are the super slueth of this site, MTFBWY
Just doing what I can, to try to stop him from ripping off anyone else. I can't watch 24 hours a day though, so everyone needs to help and list new info on him, everytime it gets discovered. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedicrippler
06-17-2002, 12:28 AM
cohens4 is legit, he's got quite a few positive feedbacks over at Rebelscum, including one with the resident trading god membraneman, which is Bob Newton in his feedback list he sent to echo1six. He's been a member since Dec. 2000 over there. Plus, the e-mail addy he used matches his Rebelscum one.

And this Goodman guy may have a second IP, we're not sure yet. I'll let you guys know for sure as soon as we can verify. This guy sure is a slippery little SOB isn't he?

Dar' Argol
06-17-2002, 12:32 AM
Jedicrippler, if you find another IP addy LMK. That way I can check possible scammers here. I have the one from Tastetesta and the other Alias. As far as swdellah goes, I don't think SirSteve checked the link I gave him, I think he just banned the names I gave him at the time. I will let hin know about this new one.

Beast
06-17-2002, 12:32 AM
The problem could be crippler, that Tastetesta could be using cohens4's good name for evil though. He doesnt appear to be a member of "TheJawa.com" as was stated. I dunno, I am just trying to make sure people are very wary of their trades, with people like Tastetesta running around. Thanks for the info, jedicrippler. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

cohens4
06-17-2002, 08:48 AM
let me first say that this whole situation has been pretty upset. i have been trading on line for close to three to four years now. and just because i am from new jersey i have to explain myself.

jarjarbinks- just because you dont know about "the fan club r2" doesnt mean it doesnt exist. it is one of the hardest variants to find. and that is what i am into collecting, really hard to find variants. it typically sells on ebay for around $150, so i thought i was doing pretty well at $90. it has round peg holes on the feet. check your r2. i am sure it has half circles. next time, you should know all the facts.

1. here is my feedback rating at thejawa.com. i have five points.....

http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=2781

2.here is my profile at jawa. i am not sure why none of you could find it......

http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index.php?board=1;action=viewprofile;user=cohens4

3. now i am linked to this punk, tastetesta just because i am from new jersey. thanks a ton guys. and the guy that started this about me has been on ssg for less than one month. i have been here since aug. 2001.

4. i do most of my trading over at the tradefederation.net. anyone thats a member, can go check my rating. it has close to 30. again under cohens4.

i really appreciate all of this nonsense. just because i am from jersey. are we going to slander all people from virginia now because tastetesta is apparently scamming from there as well. maybe there was a better way to handle this, without slandering my name. (ie. email the administrator and ask about me personally.) instead of posting it to the board and having people slam me...

just a thought...
stephen

maul4ever
06-17-2002, 08:58 AM
i think cohens4 is a false identity for tastetesta. he is not to be trusted. there is no such fan club r-2. mine has full circles and it came direct from kmart.

cohens4
06-17-2002, 09:05 AM
i am talking about the comm tech r2 with holo leia. if your r2 really has full circles on the sides of the feet, instead of half circles. congratulations. you have yourself a very pricey figure...

here is a link to another site running a poll about which are the rarest potf2 figure. notice that one of them is "r2 with leia hologram first version"

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=150

please stop linking my name to this punk

Jedi Dan
06-17-2002, 09:12 AM
Would it matter if someone gives references and their addresss since you people apparently don't check them and instead post peoples names and addresses without their consent for the world to have access to, that's very nice of you, and professional and well, Sir Cheesy of you...of course Sir Cheese is the bottom of the SW barrel so what can you expect from his 'followers'...

.....and yes I know Cohen is legit.

wanna buy a battery? ask Sir Steve he can get you deals....talk about being legit on Sir Steve's site...Bwahahaha the irony

icatch9
06-17-2002, 09:16 AM
I don't know cohens4 from Adam, but I do know of this variation on the R2 CTC, and many people do feel that it only came from the fan club. I cannot verify this, but I know others have mentioned it. I also know that his email address is one that not everyone can have. I assume it's from his hospital. Evan Goodmans emails have all been AOL addressess. Maul4ever, I don't think you should insult this guy if you don't know him. If your R2 came from K Mart and has round pegs then good for you. YOu got yourself a $100.00 figure. But what if I said that K Mart never even carried that line, so your not to be trusted. What then? Exactly we would just argue the point and nothing would come of it. Do you know what this kind of action is? It's a witch hunt!. I think Sir Steve needs to do what ever he can to calm the waters, and put everyone at ease.

Evan Goodman is the real problem hear. He took me for a Sacul and others, so I know what it's like to get ripped off. He is being investigated by the US Post Office at the end of the month. Got that info from thejawa.com where he has taken a few people there too. Fraud isn't a little crime, even if he's 14. He'll get whats comeing to him. I'd love to take a road trip to NJ to rip this kid a new one, but that wouldn't solve anything. He will get what he deserves.

Nataku
06-17-2002, 09:19 AM
Well,

As a member of the tradefederation.net, I can tell you that Cohens4 (Stephen Cohens) has a Plus 28 rating and successful trades dating back to January 2001.

I have seen plently of people compliment him and none bad-mouth him that I can recall.

AND, I too thought that the Fan Club R2D2 w/Holo Leia variant was well known. In fact, the following below is FROM SSG's PICTURE ARCHIVE!

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=385

"Variations ID
.0000 Large Head / Round Foot Peg Error COMMTech V833 84185

Note: A production error forced the making of these to stop. Only a few 1000 were shipped with an oversized head and pegs in the foot, one of the toughest pieces around. None were shipped in the US, only Hong Kong and the FAN CLUB ever got them. Insane demand at first, slowly decreasing. "

So, $90 is not that uncommon a price for one (and is actually below street value on e-bay for one).

Just trying to clear things up... I hate it when one relatively new person unknowingly creates false accusations that destroy the reputation of a fellow trader who doens't deserve it.

Jeff
aka Nataku
at SSG, Rebelscum, TradeFed, TheForce.net, etc.

maul4ever
06-17-2002, 09:21 AM
hey i am sorry if i have wrongly accused someone. i was instant messaged by trastesta lastnight and had the figures packed up and ready to send and just by chance i posted his email addy to see if anyone knew him and like 5 people told me not to trust him. i thought it was odd he was calling it a fan club r-2 and he was from new jersey. i know there is a variation but it didnt come from the fan club at least not all of them.

cohens4
06-17-2002, 09:22 AM
yes, icatch9. my email is from my hospital. univeristy of medicine and dentistry of nj. "UMDNJ". i am a medical resident there.

jedi dan. you are right. great point. i am sure all of the people that i listed there in a private email would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to know that their email addresses were posted for the whole world to see.

echo1six
06-17-2002, 09:36 AM
I would like to start by saying I started trading on this site around1999, and 2000, then stoped collecting during the POTJ time's so i am no new comer around here. I wasn't accusing Cohens of any thing i just thought if someone was posted on here someone would see it and say hey this guy is legit, or hey this guy isn't. this is a unforntunate turn of events for people who live around New Jersey and that can be expected until the the thief is caught.

cohens4
06-17-2002, 09:52 AM
maybe you can edit your post and remove my reference's email addresses and my street address. that was in a private email to you and not meant to be broadcasted to the rest of the world.

thanks
stephen

echo1six
06-17-2002, 12:13 PM
I took off the references, and address, nothing is private on the internet. the govt, stores all e-mails if you haven't heard.

Darth Matt
06-17-2002, 12:16 PM
I've went ahead and shared all of the info that we have about this guy and his other suspected ID with Dar' Argol. Hopefully working together we can weed out this joker from our community.

Also, anyone who is still in doubt of cohens4 honesty and integrity as a trader, please email me and I'd be happy to point out the dozen or so positive feedbacks he has received over at Rebelscum's forums in the past year+.

-Matt

Beast
06-17-2002, 01:50 PM
Thanks alot for coming forward and clearing matters up about this, cohens4. I guess everyone is way to paranoid about things right now, and it kind of got out of hand. I have heard of that R2 varient before, but it has been found in other places then just the Fan Club, thats why it sent up red flags for me. I hope that your trade goes well, and that no one doubts who you are again. Again, I am sorry that I was warning people to be very careful trading with you. I don't know why your name didn't pop up in a member search on TheJawa either. Again, I am sorry if you believe your reputation has been damaged, but in these times sometimes things like this can happen. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jonboy
06-17-2002, 02:05 PM
The paranoia needs to come to an end!!! People are starting to focus their energy on things other than what we are all here to do, which is to collect Star Wars and share in our mutual hobby. People need to be wary, but not overly paranoid. Cohens4, I'm sure that echo1six did not mean anything by his post. I know him personally and he is a pretty nice guy. He just had a REALLY close call with Tastetesta and he was just being careful. For what it is worth, I have seen your name around before and I'm sure that you are a good trader.

cohens4
06-17-2002, 02:26 PM
i am sure that echosix is a standup guy and a good trader. i have never questioned that at all. and i also understand the need to be cautious. especially now with this punk tastetesta lurking around. i almost got burned by him myself.

this is why i gave echosix over ten references with their email addresses. i also gave him four other sites (tradefed, thejawa, rebelscum, and ebay) that i have traded on in the past. i have feedback on all of them. the tradefed and ebay i have close to 30. my point is that all of this fiasco could have easily been avoided if he took just two minutes to check out any of these sites. i have info dating back close to two years on them.

i realize echosix never came out and blatantly accused me of being this tastetesta guy. and i thank him for that. but the minute you put out the question or assumption, tons of other bloodhounds come out of the woodwork to slander my name. i tried to avoid all of this by giving him tons of references.

thanks for all those that came out in support of me.

lets just get back to what makes this hobby great. TRADING!!
stpehen

Dar' Argol
06-18-2002, 02:03 PM
New update in info concerning this Jerk:mad:

Thanx to Darth Matt from Rebelscum for this info:D

Darth Matt has confirmed that this guy TheJediGuy is infact our good friend Tastetesta. He is now using a VA addy with this Email addy:

hockeymavens@aol.com

Here's the link to his newest post over at rebelscum:Tastetesta???? (http://www.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=005277)

Please be very cautious with someone useing this email addy. But also try not to openly accuse anyone here. If you have any doubts, CHECK the referances givin, or make them send first!
Any questions or comments, PM me.

echo1six
06-18-2002, 04:28 PM
You have to be careful with e-mail references, when evan about burned me he sent like 4 e-mail addy's that were his alternate addresses, HE GAVE HIMSELF A VERY GOOD REFERENCE. i would stick with forum feedback as a reference it seems more trustworthy.

jobi
06-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Everyone that has been "took" by someone on the forums should look at this. http://www.twaze.com/the_zoo/mailfr.html

icatch9
06-19-2002, 09:31 AM
thanks jobi. I emailed a copy of that to Evan with a strongly worded email. I am excited to see what happens to this kid.

Dar' Argol
06-22-2002, 04:22 PM
Guess who's Back,
Back again!
Tastetesta Back,
Tell a friend!!

*****UPDATE******

Thanx to our friend and well informed Gungan JarJar we now have another name to add to this growing list of banned names:D rynobot Here's the AIM message between JarJar's source and TheDestroyer2000:

"Source": are you rynobot?
TheDestroyer2000: who wants to know
"Source": just "Source"
TheDestroyer2000: why should i tell u?
TheDestroyer2000: so u can post about it on jawa and be a hero?
"Source": have I posted any other stuff?
TheDestroyer2000: i dont know or care
"Source": I saw it on SSG
TheDestroyer2000: where
"Source": trades
"Source": for an acklay
TheDestroyer2000: snowspeeder for acklay..
"Source": I guess that's enough of an admission as I will get
TheDestroyer2000: i got an acklay yesterday
"Source": yeah
TheDestroyer2000: i need snowspeeder
TheDestroyer2000: u do the math
"Source": you told me

"Source": send me an acklay for theed
TheDestroyer2000: um no.. its being traded :-)
"Source": to who?
TheDestroyer2000: they yoda dude on ssg
"Source": ahhh
TheDestroyer2000: thats if i do send him his stuff
TheDestroyer2000: im such a rip off artist
"Source": what address is he sending stuff to?
TheDestroyer2000: why so u can post it on the web"?
TheDestroyer2000: i found a few friends who will help me out with this
"Source": are you sending first?
TheDestroyer2000: haha no
"Source": you gonna rip him off?
TheDestroyer2000: im not sure yet
"Source": the friends in VA?
TheDestroyer2000: i have many friends
"Source": or PA?
TheDestroyer2000: stop asking questions

"Source": WHY?
"Source": u hiding something???

"Source": what is your real last name?
TheDestroyer2000: i dont know
"Source": yeah
"Source": lol
TheDestroyer2000: most people think its evan goodman
"Source": it isn't
TheDestroyer2000: its not but hell
TheDestroyer2000: everyone will believe anythingg
"Source": I know
TheDestroyer2000: ur the first person to figure out its not my real name
TheDestroyer2000: gj
"Source": I did a search on that name and nothing
TheDestroyer2000: that deserves a cookie
TheDestroyer2000: im gonna go see who i can screw
TheDestroyer2000: even if i dont need what im getting

Also, in another post he "claims he got and Ackly from the Hanover WM, where I work. I can attest to the fact that we have not received this in yet. I woiuld have posted it in my club,
PA SSG'ers (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7720) if it had! Here's the link to that post:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=115429#post115429. As you can see he is useing a Gettysburg Address now. Also, his new email listed for this name is lunger@supernet.com

So be on the look out. SirSteve will be notified shortly to this.
Dar' Argol

jonboy
06-22-2002, 06:08 PM
Someone needs to take care of this guy soon!!! He apparently has not learned much of a lesson.

rynobot
06-22-2002, 09:40 PM
I don't have AOL IM. Someone has registerd thaat name and it isn't me, I tried to get it.

I am not the guy, check the IP address

Dar' Argol
06-23-2002, 12:01 AM
********Attention************

New information has surface, and will be comfirmed on Wedsday. There is a possiblity that Tastetesta duped us!

Rynobot is getting me info that will prove to me if he did indeed purchase the ackly's from my store. So, hold off on burning him at the stake until Wedsday. I should have definitive info then. If he is not Tastetesta, then I will publicly apologize. Until then . . .

icatch9
06-24-2002, 08:06 AM
Maybe we should look up his mothers name and not this fake name of Even Goodman. I have done some detective work and found that his name is first name is probally really Evan, but the last name is probally not Goodman.

I think I have this info and it's pretty real. The kid is good. Real good, but not that good. I'm sure he has friends in VA or PA or anywhere, but he's really from NJ.

That 34 Albany RD is probally a real address, but not his. Probally a rundown abandoned house, or something like that.

I think I have his real address, at least as real as it can get. Still I have little proof and it's just another lead. PM me if you want it. I think this could be for real.

Dar' Argol
06-26-2002, 05:16 PM
***********ATTENTION***************

There are very few times I miss new stuff coming into my store. This is one of those times.

I want to publicly apologize to rynobot. I was wrong in accusing him without futher information. The info he supplied to me off of his receipt proved that he indeed did purchase those four Ackly's from my store.

So please, do not treat him any differnetly then any other forumite. His info and I beleive his claims are legit! Once again, rynobot, I am sorry for jumping the gun so to speak. Its seems that Tastetsta has managed to dupe us and cause us to turn on someone who does not deserve it. I know I have learned something here and I hope the rest of you have too.

Dar' Argol

Beast
06-26-2002, 05:28 PM
I would like to apoligize to Rynobot as well, it appears that the person that gave me the info, was misled by the real Tastetesta. He had hinted that he was Rynobot, likely to cause more paranoia to spread in the already very on edge forums.

I would have sat on the info, until we had confirmation, but I didn't want anyone to get ripped off if I did. So, again I am sorry Rynobot. I hope that you can put this mistake behind you, and enjoy your stay and time on the forums. You are definatly a welcome addition. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jonboy
06-26-2002, 05:47 PM
I also would like to say that I am sorry to rynobot. I was just trying to look out for my fellow SSG'ers. I was quick to blame just like everyone else, which was wrong. Rynobot, I hope that you do not hold this against me or anyone else and that you continue to enjoy conversing with traders on this site.

rynobot
06-26-2002, 06:25 PM
Apolgies accepted. I knew I was innocent and had nothing to hide, that is why I keep my e-mail and location viewable to all, I have mailed to Acklays already.

I even think this tastetesta is trying to send my a virus through e-mail, but I never open mail that I have no clue about who sent it. I also saw on Sandtoopers trading forum that the name morecow299. I would like more info on morecow299 to insure my thoughts.

Thanks

Ryan

rynobot
09-30-2002, 02:05 AM
Wow, so long ago but the past still hurts me so much, I wounder if others feel the same.

2-1B
01-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Not me, I have never nor will I EVER apologize to you. :mad: