PDA

View Full Version : Things that need clearing up.

Jek Porky 2002
06-09-2002, 01:35 PM
Just a few things that need clearing up.
Will the republic be the Empire at the beginning of EpIII
Will all the Jedi die during EpIII because don't forget Darth Vader helps the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi so does this meen that Ani becomes Vader in at the beginning of EpIII, and if he does kill the Jedi how will they go about it, does he kill them all indevidually or do the Empire kill them all in one go with some kind of large weapon or movement a bit like the arena sequence in EII. And also Luke and Liea have to be born and separated, Obi-Wan and Anakin have to dual, the Emperor has to revial himself as Sidious and tempt Anakin, Yoda has to go into hiding. Personally I don't see them being abled to fit it all in EpIII and alot will take place between the prequal and origional trilogys.

Personally I think that Someone or something will blow up the Jedi temple, killing a large number of Jedi, some Jedi hide and Vader helps hunt them down, Windu gets killed in a dual with ani and that's about it, what do you think?

chris
06-09-2002, 04:43 PM
that sounds plausible, but i guess we'll have to wait and see, because i dont know how its gonna happen either.

scruffziller
06-09-2002, 06:24 PM
It is hard to tell when and what is going to happen. ALot of us thought that that EPS 2 was going to happen during the CLone Wars, it didn't. The end of the movie was the very beggining of it.
EPS 3 may have the same surprises. Georgie will make a movie in a section of the time that may not be what we expect it to be.

Jek Porky 2002
06-10-2002, 01:11 PM
Yeah that's another thing, Obi-Wan has to become a general, Liea gets addopted by the Organas and C-3PO and R2-D2 have to have a story aswell.

Rogue II
06-10-2002, 01:41 PM
From what I understand, there are about 10,000 Jedi spread out over the galaxy. They are hunted down by Vader and Boba Fett(I think). I think that will start sometime in Episode 3, but we won't see it all. The Jedi purge will end sometime between episodes.

The Republic evloves into the Empire. Note the similarities in their symbols (there is a thread on that somewhere).

Now, I did read a spoiler that GL said that this film will have some similarities to ESB. To be exact, there is a huge battle in the begining, and the story is "more personal" after that. I think this battle could give Obi-Wan his rank of General.

I don't think Anakin/Vader will kill Mace Windu, but that's just my opinion.

So, it looks like a bunch of stuff happens in the 18 years between Episode 3 and ANH. Plus, we miss 2-4 years of Clone Wars stuff that takes place between ATOC and and Episode 3.

scruffziller
06-10-2002, 04:58 PM
Yea we will probably have to read about that in the "inbetweequel" novels.

metaljedi
06-11-2002, 02:19 AM
Well GL is quoted saying that the CLone Wars will end at the beginning of EP3 so anything can happen I guess. I personally think that Dooku and Mace will fight to the death.

Rogue II
06-11-2002, 06:56 AM
Here's my guess on who will kill who:

Boba Fett kills Mace: revenge factor.
Anakin takes out Dooku: Palpy has Anakin take Dooku's place by his side.
Obi-Wan fights Anakin, we are lead to believe Anakin dies.

jrviking07
06-11-2002, 01:02 PM
I think:
biba kills Mace
sidious kills dooku so anakin can be under his wing
anakin fights obi wan

jrviking07
06-11-2002, 01:03 PM
remember the emperor was going to kill vader so luke could be by his side

Beast
06-11-2002, 01:13 PM
My whole take on it, is as follows:

Anakin and Mace are dueling, neither gaining any ground on the other. Boba Fett, still looking for revenge on Mace, for his father's death, either uses his rocket pack, or a thermal grenade (detonator) to disintigrate Mace. Majorly ticking off Anakin, since he was denied the kill. He doesn't kill Boba, but later in Empire he warns him, "No Disintigrations"

Anakin will have to kill Dooku, he's destined to...just like The Emporer was taunting Luke to kill Vader, and take his place. Anakin has to kill Dooku to ascend and take his place, at Darth Sidious' side. That's the only reason that he didn't meet his end in Episode II. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
06-11-2002, 01:14 PM
That is the most logical thing I have ever heard about Ep III, Of course Boba will kill Mace, why didn't I think of that!

Wookiee
06-11-2002, 02:31 PM
OK we know a lot of things that will happen, whether or not there is even IS an Episode III.

like Anakin becomes Vader,
Padme has twins,
most of the Jedi's die,
The Republic ends and the Empire begins.
these are all given.

I think the key to making Episode III a success (fun to watch, interesting and entertaining) is not in showing us all the stuff we know is going to happen, but in giving us some stuff we don't know yet, some new things, and especially in providing some answers to questions that we don't have answers for yet.

here's a few things that really MUST be shown for the two trilogys to make sense:

answer to the question- why do some Jedi's dissappear when they die and some don't?

what happens to the droids' memories? are both 3PO and R2 wiped or only 3PO? neither? I've been suprised that this mechanical dual hasn't played a bigger part in Episodes I and II.

these and very few other questions are the ones I really must have answers to, if not I'll be dissappointed when I walk out of the theater. Other stuff like the twins being born, I don't really need to see that, it's obvious it happens, I think it would be enough just to see Padme pregnant.

Anyway, my point is that I'd like Episode III to stand on its own as a great movie with plot, suspense, suprises, and familiar characters along with some new ones. I don' t want it to just be 2 plus hours of wrapping up loose ends. Like when you accidentally skip a page in a novel, and keep reading, then go back later to discover you could have pretty much guessed everything you missed anyway.

Granted I am very much looking forward to the Obi Wan - Anakin duel!

Beast
06-11-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Wookiee
what happens to the droids' memories? are both 3PO and R2 wiped or only 3PO? neither? I've been suprised that this mechanical dual hasn't played a bigger part in Episodes I and II.

They were never a huge part of the OT either, but they were important to the story. I think other then the short ammount of screen time that C-3PO had in E1, that the droids have been as big a part in the prequels, as they are in the OT. BTW, in case you missed it, Lucas confirmed that both of them will probably be memory wiped in E3. I hope he changes his mind, C-3PO can be wiped or have a memory cap placed in his brain for all that it matters, but R2-D2 should know everything that has happened. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9101

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wookiee
06-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Maybe my gripe about the prequels is that we aren't getting enough interaction between R2 and C3PO in the prequels. granted, they were separated often in the OT, but they really played off of each other more, bickering, and jabbing at each other all the time. A better use of a great duo of characters.

I agree that R2 should not be wiped! I think his character in the OT becomes that much more interesting knowing all that he knows! He really is a smug little know-it-all when it comes down to it. He's one of my favorite characters.

I can understand 3PO getting his clock cleaned, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary either. It would make him a very interesting character indeed, very clever, secretive and discreet, if he were to know very well all the stuff from the prequels and "play dumb" in the OT.

But definately leave R2 alone!

saladin
06-11-2002, 06:06 PM
NO C-3PO has to have his memory swip, but not R2.

metaljedi
06-12-2002, 04:00 AM
I don't think that Boba will kill Mace. Boba will only be what 12 or 13?? If that happens it's messed up. Sam said he didnt wanna go out like a punk and THAT would be going out like a punk. And if Jango couldn't kill Mace what makes you think Boba could? He got knocked into the Sarlacc Pit by a BLIND Han Solo.

MasterYoda
06-15-2002, 12:00 AM
On R2 getting his memory cleaned. I agree that R2 shouldn't have it done, but from the books I have read it is standard procedure for astromech droids to have the memory cleared every six months to stay away from counterparting with the x-wing, y-wing or jedi fighter. Also in the books Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command Luke makes several comments as to R2's memory not being swiped by Luke's decision because of the efficiency the x-wing flies at due to the counterparting. So if you need my vote on the subject.

Who knows the Old Republic is slightly different than the Rebellion and the New Republic in the books. Leave R2 alone!

I agree also that Boba will not kill Mace, but I think Boba was around 8-10 yrs in AOTC and if they do another 10 break in between that would put him old enough to do Bounty Hunting. It is a possibility I just don't see because of Mace's force ability. Again Boba was killed by a BLIND Solo in ROTJ.

Can't wait to see how everything pans out though.

Darth Bezelbub
06-16-2002, 08:15 PM
I believe that we will discover that Sidious and Palapatine are TWO different charaters.
It seems allmost too obvious to the viewers that they are the same (unlike movies like Spider-man and Batman movies) I think that Lucas has plenty of surprises for Episode III; and not JUST filling in the gaps.
We will discover that Sidious created a clone of himself and is this fairly innocent clone (which the Jedi COULDN'T detect because he truely isn't EVIL like Sidious) has been hanging from Sidious strings for Episodes I and II.

Chewtobacco
06-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Darth Bezelbub
We will discover that Sidious created a clone of himself and is this fairly innocent clone (which the Jedi COULDN'T detect because he truely isn't EVIL like Sidious) has been hanging from Sidious strings for Episodes I and II.

This is an interesting theory. I've wondered why the greatest jedi masters couldn't detect him.

Remember in EP1 when Obi-Wan says to Qui-Gonn "I sense something elsewhere... elusive". He was sensing that something was behind the trade federation, even beyond their capabilities. And he was right. How can a padawan have such keen awareness to sense the sith, yet Mace and Yoda can't seem to sense palpy standing right across the desk from one another?

I don't think palpy is a clone, but I can see how it might be possible. Good thinking!

JEDIpartner
06-25-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Darth Bezelbub
I believe that we will discover that Sidious and Palapatine are TWO different charaters.

Quite possible, but do not forget... the Emperor's last name is Palpatine and Sidious looks a lot like him... so does that mean Sidious gets killed and Palpatine grabs his cloak?

Lucas has confirmed that there will be more of Anakin in E3 than there will be of Vader. So... Anakin doesn't become Vader at the beginning of the film.

jawaboy
06-25-2002, 03:53 PM
What are your opinions on why Yoda ends up on Dagobah and who else dies there to create an area that is strong in the Dark Side of the Force?

Dooku possibly????

Maybe Dagobah is where the final battle between Obi-wan and Anakin will happen... That'd be unexpected...

CRAVENSboy
06-25-2002, 04:14 PM
Here's what I think:

In Episode III, we will see arguments and such between Amidala and Anakin, possibly even more. Hiding her pregnancy from him is not hard as he is busy with Empire conquests, and such. She has the twins in secrecy, and in fear of Anakin's ever prevailing evil side, sends them off.

Anakin's outfit will resemble the Vader outfit with cape, armor. While he will not be completely corrupt and evil in the beginning of the movie, he is very close to being totally in the dark side. Throughout the movie, he will progress into the dark side realm until the final straw, which will be the duel between Obi-wan and Anakin. At this point, as described in the novelization, Anakin will fall into a pit of lava, and be scarred so horribly that only the Emperor's offer of the suit can save him. (in the novel, there is a pause in Obi-wan's description of the event. This could possibly be because just as he told Luke his father was dead, he later revealed the truth. Perhaps Anakin didn't fall, but was shoved by Obi-wan. He didn't want Luke to know). The movie will end not much further along by explaining a few things, and making some ties together.

Naturally, there will be other events taking place, but I feel this will be as the main plot with Vader.

Angelo

Jedi Clint
06-25-2002, 04:57 PM
I think it would be cool if Anakin wore a costume similar to Luke's in ROTJ.

anarky
07-03-2002, 01:22 PM
we're expecting answers to questions raised by several confusing lines in tpm and aotc

but what are the chances e3 will answer them?

we never figured where ord mantell was or who the "bounty hunter" might have been

we have no clue what transpired at the battle of tanaab

we don't know how han won the falcon from lando

still no word on how those bothans (presumably led by the intrepid sly wiley) died

and how did leia get the plans to the death star?

while it's true that there are eu explanations for all these questions, what proof is there that we will learn who sifo-dyas was, how palpatine became a sith, why dooku is now a sith, or what the truth is about midichlorions in e3?

Jedi Clint
07-03-2002, 02:56 PM
I agree with you anarky. Many of the things that "need clearing up" actually do not. The mystery surrounding Sifo-Dyas was never who he was (he was a Jedi Master), it was who posed as him to order the clones. It was probably Dooku, but I doubt that will ever be addressed in E3.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 04:37 PM
I'm sure EU will provide us with B.S. answers...EU has an explanation for every OT thing that needs clearing up.

chewie
07-04-2002, 04:03 PM
The old Republic can only fall when the jedi and the jedi council are eliminated. So therefore, I don't think that the empire will be in episode III for too long. I'd say only the last 30 minutes at most.

I think that basically, once Palpatine damages the reputation of the jedi enough, that the senators elect to disband the council. In light of the now jedi-less Republic, Palpatine steps up and announces that the in order for unity to be maintained, that he must take over total control of the Republic as an emporer. Still under a guise of good.

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 04:13 PM
Exactly. With the Jedi out of the way, no one would be able to stop him because the clone army was loyal to him.