PDA

View Full Version : Your Last Vintage Figure?

bigbarada
09-23-2001, 08:00 PM
What was the last vintage SWAF you remember buying at retail/clearance before they vanished for good?

The last ones I remember seeing were clearance POTF figures at a TRU in San Diego in 1986. I was split between Barada and a Jawa, I picked the Jawa cuz I had no idea who Barada was :o plus the Jawa had that cool cloth cape which I've always liked.

My brother bought the Rebo Band Set on clearance that day too.

I still remember seeing that $0.75 clearance tag, especially when I had to pay $45 for a loose Barada a year ago.

Sith Worm
09-24-2001, 12:21 AM
Last one crap i'm trying to still get all of them, only six left though I will always remeber the last when I finally get it . I kick myself every time I buy one I had when I was A kid but played with it till it's arms fell off!

GNT
09-24-2001, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Sith Worm
kick myself every time I buy one I had when I was A kid but played with it till it's arms fell off!

I believe thats a "Regret" so post it in the "Regret" thread please ;)

bigbarada
09-24-2001, 09:11 AM
Okay, maybe the title of this thread is a little misleading. I'm not refering to the last figure you ever bought, because I'm still filling holes in my vintage collection. Just the last figure you bought from the toy store shelf either at retail or on clearance before they moved on to their new home in the secondary market.

evenflow
09-24-2001, 09:35 AM
Has to be POTF, but I remember Droids and ewoks lines. The last vintage figure I bought for my collection was a windup R2.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-24-2001, 06:33 PM
Last retail vintage figure I bought I think was POTF Lando General Outfit. Or it might have been the Rebo Band set for... $5 at Sears Surplus! One of my best SW deals ever! Still kept the box, too, which I didn't do very well back then.

Last SW Vintage figure I've ever bought: A-Wing Pilot a couple months back.
Last SW Vintage figure to complete my set: Han Carbonite, in 1993 ($95, ouch!).

Sith Worm
09-24-2001, 06:42 PM
In that case the last one I bought was an Imieral dig for $10.00! Boy did I get lucky the guy was selling his vintage figs he had as A kid and wasn't kept up on the prices, for some reason I feel bad about this.:mad:

bigbarada
09-24-2001, 09:14 PM
Now that I think about it, I remember seeing POTF figures on pegs as late as 1987. The local KayBee had a few B-Wing Pilots that just sat there for years. Not too hard to imagine, seeing as how POTF2 has been cancelled for two years now and we're still seeing figures warming the pegs.

Lobito
09-25-2001, 12:21 PM
Last figures i bought b4 the cancellation of the line?? Warok and Romba...i bought them in K-MART!!

JEDIpartner
09-26-2001, 03:15 PM
My last vintage figure had to be either Romba or "bull neck" Han in Carbonite. That was probably in 1986 at a Toys R Us in Columbus. I think I was on my way from Dayton (college) to a classmate's house in Zanesville.

Ah, well... I've given up on vintage... there's too much current stuff to get- and I never collected the POTF2 stuff 'cos most of it looked like it-shay!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-26-2001, 05:52 PM
The last POTF figure I saw on the pegs was a Barada with its bubble opened and weapon removed, for (gasp!) $4.99 at a Thrify Drugs. I never bought it (hey, it was "broken" you know), and I regret it (see "Any Regrets?" thread). I also remember an ad for SW figures at $.99 from some discount store, mainly ROJ ones. 'Doh!

sith_killer_99
09-26-2001, 07:47 PM
I remember CLEARLY...it was a ROTJ Jedi Luke Skywalker. I believe we were at K-Mart. I hadn't really been too into collecting back then (I was only 10)! Anyway, I spent what seemed like a hour holding it, praying that my parents would buy it for me. Mom was in a generous mood :-)

As soon as we got out to the car I RIPPED that sucker open!!!

Eternal Padawan
09-28-2001, 10:33 AM
A-Wing Pilot and Imperial Gunner. They came with the coins. I don't remember the store, but I remember we were on vacation and I had never seen any of the last line before, so I was excited and my mom broke down and bought me a couple. I do remember having to weedle the choice down to two and thinking about all the figures I had to leave behind...:(

But soon after I was deeply transfixed with Transformers and skipped on the Star Wars figs when i saw them (kicking myself right now)

dukes
09-30-2001, 06:33 PM
Blue Snaggletooth...

S3PO
10-02-2001, 06:44 PM
My last vintage figure was the mail-away Anakin. I didn't get any of the POTF because I think I moved on to G.I. Joe at that point.