PDA

View Full Version : What's up with this crap?

DeadEye
06-09-2002, 03:53 PM
I can find the big 27 pretty much everywhere. I also can find Geonosian Mace and Final Battle Jango very easily, and even the Orn Free Taa wave is abundant. But the deluxe Nexu/Pilot Obi-Wan wave is not out here yet, which is excuseable, since it's new....

BUT WHERE THE HECK ARE BESPIN LUKE AND VADER????!!! They came out in the same wave as Mace and Jango, yes? Then why can't I find them anywhere??!! :mad:

Jason B
06-09-2002, 03:54 PM
link in sig. :p

DeadEye
06-09-2002, 04:09 PM
I see nothing about the figures in question...

Jason B
06-09-2002, 04:16 PM
i know, but if they get the petitions and follow through with them, we wont have to deal with any of this crap.

Beast
06-09-2002, 04:20 PM
JasonB, the lack of Vader's and Luke's has nothing to do with the petitions. The problem with the Luke, is because there have been 3 variations, and variation hunters as well as scalpers scoop them up whenever they find them. My local Meijers has like 6 Vader's, 6 Mace's, 0 Jango's, and 0 Luke's. Hasbro recognized the demand for the Luke and Jango, and continued shipping them with the Obi-Wan/Han/Chewie wave. They should have upped the number of Jango's and Luke's though, and lowered or dropped out the Mace and Vader. Don't get discouraged DeadEye, just keep searching and maybe see if a helpful person in the forums will assist you as well? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

saladin
06-09-2002, 04:46 PM
I know what you mean and it ticks me off, my stores never restock so i can never get new people.

Forhekset
06-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Yeah...at first, FB Jango and Geo. Rescue Mace were flooding the pegs here (a few weeks ago), and Vader showed up some of the time, and Luke wasn't THAT hard to find (well, sorta, but not too bad). Now not only are Luke and Vader non-existent (especially Luke), Mace and FB Jango are pretty darn scarce too. The two SuperTargets that I hit on a regular basis don't seem to have put out any new figs since they dropped their prices, and unfortunately their pegs are still clogged with slow sellers, so I dunno how soon that will change. That Luke and Vader sure are popular....

MikeAndTheBots
06-09-2002, 05:42 PM
At first we had a few vaders, maces, jangos, and lukes. Then all dissappeared until recently, I can find a few Maces and Jangos scattered amoung various pegwarmers. Luckily I picked up a vader when I first found it. No Luke to with him though :(

Fulit
06-09-2002, 05:46 PM
It's the opposite with me, I could find the Jango/MaceGR/Vader/Luke wave, but can't find Orn Free Ta, Qui-Gon wave anywhere.

DeadEye
06-09-2002, 06:48 PM
I can find easily:

-The first 27, except Dooku, whom I found by sheer luck.

-FB Jango and GR Mace

-Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel Soldier, Qui-Gon Jinn, Massiff

I cannot find:

-Bespin Luke and Vader

-Obi-Wan Pilot, Han, and Chewie

-Deluxe Anakin and Nexu

Beast
06-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Don't worry Deadeye, like I said those 2 are still shipping with the Obi-Wan: Pilot, Han, and Chewie wave. And the Deluxe Anakin and Nexu just started hitting. Take Yoda's suggestions for this, and have some patience. You will find what you seek soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

cptpinkerton
06-09-2002, 07:07 PM
In my area I've found each figure (I don't have the bank to purchase them all) - but have been to many stores with as many as 30 Vaders on the pegs and narry a Luke to be found. Fortunately, I've gotten the Luke variations whenever I've seen him, except for at Kay Bee Toys this last week, when I picked up some of the Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter wave that came in on a drop shipment (UPS one case shipment from Hasbro, as opposed to coming on the truck) and I picked up the pieces from the shipment, my quasi-friend at KayBee snatched up some of the case, he's a collector as well. But they had a few of the plastic peg variant, which once the Obi-Wan case hits off the trucks in mass quantities will be pretty easy to find.
Similarly, wherever I've seen the cache of Vader figs, a few days later they've all been gone, so Darth isn't warming the pegs for too long.
I think aside now, from the magnet and bloody luke's the peg luke will be pretty easy to find, while the first two variations will be a bit on the tricky side, unless your stores, (like a few of mine in my area) haven't even put out the Bespin Wave yet - in which case, there may still be a shot at Bloody Luke.
I just pay close attention to what cases the stores have put out, so that I'll have a good guess of, if/when said store is restocked, I'll know what *should* be on the pegs. Nevermind what will be there when I get the chance.
Luke

DeadEye
06-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Well, technically my stores have put out the Bespin wave--because Mace and Jango came out with that wave, didn't they?

So why is there only half a wave?

Beast
06-09-2002, 07:26 PM
Not alot of people like the Mace. And there have been already 2 regular Jango figures and 1 deluxe. Where as, there hasn't been a recent Vader or Bespin Luke, so not only are you dealing with Collectors, Varient Hunters, and Scalpers, but also Kids that want a Vader figure and a cool Luke as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Aeros Kahn
06-09-2002, 08:28 PM
i can find the 27 (cept yoda and dooku and hanger anakin whom im still missing :()

luke and vader were abundant here for the longest time
i was able to get a flesh luke to open and a bloody one to card
mace is everywhere soo is fb jango
but now theres just vaders and luke is gone :(

i saw one endor soldier but it was painted sooo bad
and lots of the qui-gon wave but no qui-gons :(:(:(

none of the other new stuff has reached pittsburghs suburbs yet

Jedi Juice
06-09-2002, 09:57 PM
I am pretty much in the same boat as everyone who can't find figs. I originally could find 1-27 easily, but not the other newer waves. I then found the Orn Free Taa Wave with ERS, QGJ, and Massif, but could not find Mace or FB Jango. I found recently not only Mace and Jango but the Obi Wan Starfighter Pilot figure. Now I am just missing both Luke and Vader Bespin and the Chewie, Han, Palp, and Puhr figures. I guess they will start randomly showing up at stores. Oh well. I will keep looking and not give in to the scalping yet!

humsup
06-09-2002, 10:10 PM
I have not been able to find Han Solo and Chewbacca either... guess the scalpers are a tad faster than me :(

tagmac
06-09-2002, 10:11 PM
I completely lucked out last Thursday, finding one Massiff and Endor Rebel Soldier in a local Target, then finding one each of Han and Chewie, and several pilot Obi-Wans in a nearby KB. That same KB also had a bunch of Lukes and Vader (no bloody Luke's), although by now they're probably gone. Right now I'm only missing Djas Puhr, Palpatine, and the deluxe figs. I have been seeing Yoda, Dooku, and Anakin Luke a little more frequently lately, as well as Mace and FB Jango, so my guess is they're starting to ship more frequently now.