• Film buzz: Harrison Ford 'done deal' for 'Star Wars VII'

      Latino Review reporter Umberto "El Mayimbe" Gonzalez appeared on Fox News Latino today to break the news that Harrison Ford will definitely be back to reprise the role in Star Wars VII, slated for 2015.



      Rumors have been swirling since November, but Gonzalez is the first to claim he has confirmation.

      "I found out yesterday. I did my due diligence, like I do with everything. Triple checked. Legitimate sources...His deal is done," Gonzalez said.

      Ford and Lucasfilm have not yet confirmed anything, beyond that J.J. Abrams will direct.
      Although Ford said in an ABC interview in 2010 that he thought Solo "should have died in the last" Star Wars film, Entertainment Weekly reported in November that Ford was interesting in playing the role once more.

      The Latino Review has a strong reputation for breaking film news, notes Total Film.com, so it looks like we can all start debating whether Ford, 70, should return.

      via USAToday.com
      Buy the hottest collectibles from: BigBadToyStore.com and BriansToys.com.


      Comments 19 Comments
      1. bigbarada's Avatar
        bigbarada -
        As long as he's not in an action role, then I think it will be fine. He can be the crotchety old starship pilot, but his rescuing princesses days are long gone.
      1. happy's Avatar
        happy -
        I disagree. An aged Han Solo and an old Jedi named Skywalker saving the galaxy is what the movie should be about.
      1. bigbarada's Avatar
        bigbarada -
        Now I'm getting bad flashbacks of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Ugh....
      1. happy's Avatar
        happy -
        The movie that is The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is awful and it is not because Harrison Ford is old.
      1. bigbarada's Avatar
        bigbarada -
        The only reason that Han Solo is such a strong character is because he represents the rogue male archetype so well. Basically, he exemplifies masculine traits that many men aspire to and he represents a man that many women are attracted to. That archetype is best represented by a male actor who is in his late 20s or early 30s at the oldest. Harrison Ford is now 70, so he physically cannot fulfill what that role requires anymore.

        Of course, Crystal Skull was a horrible movie for many reasons that had nothing to do with Harrison Ford, but his age didn't help at all. Having a septagenarian Han Solo running around pretending that he is an action movie star is just going to destroy the credibility and dignity of his character.
      1. Tycho's Avatar
        Tycho -
        You guys, and the writer of the article have it all wrong.

        Harrison Ford will be the next actor to play JarJar:

        "Meso nowa belieb in bombad religions and wizard weapons. Alza neeto is a good boom-ba by de zide! Und YOWZA!!!"

        This will be said in a deep masculine voice that make men wish they were Harrison (with giant floppy ears) that make all the the ladies swoon.

        Sorry to post a spoiler. My bad.
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Which would be worse:
        - they pull a Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues where he's not really in the story at all, just framing it;
        - they pull an Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull where he's in the story but they give him a horribly-written part and direct him like he's a lump of crap and then use the worse possible takes?

        Oh, how about they just DON'T MESS THIS UP?!? Oh, right... Hollywood.
      1. Lord Malakite's Avatar
        Lord Malakite -
        Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
        Which would be worse:
        - they pull a Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues where he's not really in the story at all, just framing it;
        - they pull an Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull where he's in the story but they give him a horribly-written part and direct him like he's a lump of crap and then use the worse possible takes?
        - they pull a J.J. Abrams Star Trek and have Han Solo Prime travel back in time to meet his younger self altering the time line and then they have the spin-off movie with young Han Solo from that.
      1. jedibear's Avatar
        jedibear -
        ....or....he's killed in the beginning of the movie by the new "bad guy" and Luke and the Solo children have to avenge this new "Rise of the Sith" for three movies....and Ford collects a fat check for a day on the set....
      1. bigbarada's Avatar
        bigbarada -
        I actually thought Abrams did a good job of incorporating the elderly Leonard Nimoy in the 2009 Star Trek reboot. So, hopefully he will have the same amount of restraint for Harrison Ford and allow Han Solo to keep his dignity intact.
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
        - they pull a J.J. Abrams Star Trek and have Han Solo Prime travel back in time to meet his younger self altering the time line and then they have the spin-off movie with young Han Solo from that.
        At least with SW we're safe from something that dumb just because time travel is not in that universe.

        Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
        ....or....he's killed in the beginning of the movie by the new "bad guy" and Luke and the Solo children have to avenge this new "Rise of the Sith" for three movies....and Ford collects a fat check for a day on the set....
        Oh boy would that bug the crap out of me.

        Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
        I actually thought Abrams did a good job of incorporating the elderly Leonard Nimoy in the 2009 Star Trek reboot. So, hopefully he will have the same amount of restraint for Harrison Ford and allow Han Solo to keep his dignity intact.
        Nimoy and Spock didn't keep their dignity intact, why should Ford / Solo? The writing really undermined Nimoy's appearance in New Coke Trek, he did alright with the material for a retired elderly actor, but the material let him down I think.
      1. El Chuxter's Avatar
        El Chuxter -
        I still haven't watched that because of the knowledge that Spock bangs Uhura. To me, that's like changing the Bible so that Jesus is a stripper.
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
        I still haven't watched that because the knowledge that Spock bangs Uhura. To me, that's like changing the Bible so that Jesus is a stripper.
        Yeah, and it's pretty much just as classy as it sounds, too.
      1. bigbarada's Avatar
        bigbarada -
        Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
        I still haven't watched that because of the knowledge that Spock bangs Uhura. To me, that's like changing the Bible so that Jesus is a stripper.
        Well, they didn't actually have sex, they just made out in a turbolift. Of course, it was obviously meant to suggest a sexual relationship. I did think there were one too many jokes about Uhura's "talented mouth" in the film, however. Those portions of the script felt like they were written by a horny college freshman.
      1. Lord Malakite's Avatar
        Lord Malakite -
        Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
        At least with SW we're safe from something that dumb just because time travel is not in that universe.
        Not yet anyway.
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
        Well, they didn't actually have sex, they just made out in a turbolift. Of course, it was obviously meant to suggest a sexual relationship. I did think there were one too many jokes about Uhura's "talented mouth" in the film, however. Those portions of the script felt like they were written by a horny college freshman.
        They suggested the hell out of that sexual relationship to the point of excess. And the "talented tongue" stuff was just more fuel to the fire that they made a movie which has no interest in women as people. Look at Uhura's outfit, how is it that this movie is made decades after the original show and yet is less modest than those micro-skirt outfits? At least TOS had full-length sleeves, actual shorts, and darkly-tinted tights for the women in those uniforms; the new movie's babydoll sleeves confirmed that women had no real place on the ship, they were now just Hooters waitresses.

        Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
        Not yet anyway.
        I hope that never comes to pass.
      1. El Chuxter's Avatar
        El Chuxter -
        I dunno. I'd like to see time travel just so Han Solo can kick Cade Skywalker's arse.
      1. happy's Avatar
        happy -
        I hope all the expanded universe stuff is ignored in the making of the sequel trilogy.
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
        I dunno. I'd like to see time travel just so Han Solo can kick Cade Skywalker's arse.
        Instead of time-travel, just use "frozen in carbonite again" and pull a Buck Rogers.
    • Recent Forum Posts

      JediTricks

      Transformers: Energon & Beyond

      Yeah, sorry about that. And if Botanica is the future of that universe, then its doooooomed.


      Just finished X-Files Conspiracy,

      JediTricks 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
      JediTricks

      The Black Series 6" Wave 4: Anakin, Clone Trooper, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper

      5, I'm counting that flying R2-D2 figure. And a whole wave that's nothing but prequels out of 4 waves, not a good sign. This line is already struggling

      JediTricks 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Mr. JabbaJohnL

      The Black Series 6" Wave 4: Anakin, Clone Trooper, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper

      Out of the 19 figures announced or released so far in this line, only 4 of them have been from the prequels, so I think you'll survive.

      Mr. JabbaJohnL 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JediTricks

      3 3/4" Black Series Wave 4: Dagobah Luke, Yoda, Snowtrooper, Toryn, Bastila, Dak

      2 per case of Toryn Farr is a horrible idea. If ever there was an argument for shortpacking, it's Ms. Boring MacDoesNothing.

      At $10 a pop,

      JediTricks 7 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JediTricks

      The Black Series 6" Wave 4: Anakin, Clone Trooper, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper

      Bah humbug, nothing new that I want. The Phase 1 Clone and Anakin, what happened to limiting the number of prequel figures in these waves? Those 2 figures

      JediTricks 7 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JediTricks

      L.A. area Just Found

      Eww dude, sorry to hear it. Hope it's not a root canal.

      Culver City TRU had a bunch of 6" Obi-Wan and TF Voyager Whirls, and nothing

      JediTricks 7 Hours Ago Go to last post
      TeeEye7

      How is the weather by you today?

      We are being promised a 90F Easter Sunday. I hope I get some SPF50 lotion in my basket.

      TeeEye7 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JimJamBonds

      What are you listening to? (merged)

      California Love ~ 2 Pac and Dr. Dre.

      JimJamBonds 9 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JimJamBonds

      G-day, mate! MLB 2014

      Nice of the Brewers to not bother showing up for last nights game vs the Bel-Cam Jos's.

      JimJamBonds 9 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JimJamBonds

      How is the weather by you today?

      Mid 40's with a light breeze. Perfect for the 18 mile run I did this morning.

      JimJamBonds 9 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO