• Hasbro The Vintage Collection Slave I Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Begins

      Amazon.com now has their exclusive Hasbro The Vintage Collection Slave I from The Empire Strikes Back available for pre-order!



      Enter a galaxy of adventure and imagination with Star Wars toys. This incredible saga of good versus evil in a galaxy far, far away includes some of the greatest heroes and villains of all time. Recreate exciting scenes from the films, television series, books and games with the action figures and vehicles. Pretend to be a favorite character with role-play gear including Light sabers, blasters and masks. There is something for everyone young and old for playtime adventures and awesome collections. Jedi Knights, Sith Lords, bounty hunters and aliens of all kinds are here. For over 30 years, Star Wars has fueled imaginations and thrilled children and adults with the adventures of Luke Skywalker as he learns the ways of the Jedi, the dark villainy of Darth Vader, the wisdom of Yoda and the exciting events that reach across an entire galaxy. May the Force be with you. Star Wars toys are produced by Hasbro under license from Lucas film Ltd.

      Retail price is $99.99 and will ship on August 15th. Thanks to Mike for the tip!

      Pre-order yours now from Amazon.com
      Buy the hottest collectibles from: BigBadToyStore.com and BriansToys.com.


      Comments 63 Comments
      1. Mr. JabbaJohnL's Avatar
        Mr. JabbaJohnL -
        Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
        Hmmm...looks about the same size as the OTC version that came with Boba Fett. I am looking at this picture so it's a little difficult to compare, but the OTC version is a good bit taller than Boba Fett when laid down flat.

        http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...lave1boxfr.jpg
        The one on the right in JT's comparison photo was repainted as the OTC version. Seriously, the new one is huge - what is it going to take to convince you?
      1. Darth Metalmute's Avatar
        Darth Metalmute -
        Is this the third, or fourth different Slave 1 molds? Including the small one just released.
      1. sith_killer_99's Avatar
        sith_killer_99 -
        Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
        The one on the right in JT's comparison photo was repainted as the OTC version. Seriously, the new one is huge - what is it going to take to convince you?
        Well I'm just gonna have to order this monster Slave I. Thanks a lot guys, I just ordered the Kotobukiya 10 inch Darth Vader and Boba Fett (ESB versions) now the Salve I will wipe out my budget for a week or two. Perhaps I shouldn't have bought 7 of those new 6 inch Black Series figures.

        BTW, Amazon has them back up for sale on their site, if they have any left in a week or two I may order another (one MIMB and one to open). Good thing we're not on RS, or I'd get flamed for daring to consider ordering 2.
      1. El Chuxter's Avatar
        El Chuxter -
        Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
        Good thing we're not on RS, or I'd get flamed for daring to consider ordering 2.
        DAMN YOU TO HELL, YOU PIECE OF CRAP RAT-BUSTARD!!!!!!

        (Just trying to complete the experience for you. )
      1. sith_killer_99's Avatar
        sith_killer_99 -
        Bwahaha.

        Plus I signed up for a free month of Amazon Prime, so I got free 2 day shipping! Take that!

        So anyway, it's done, my addiction re-ignited I must now begin the process of downsizing my collection to make room.

        If anyone is interested in PT loose (possibly even some carded) figures PM me. I will probably be making a post in the trades section. I hate to resort to ebay to get rid of my unwanted figures. I'm sure I have a ton of Clones and Droids circa 2002-2006ish.
      1. Mr. JabbaJohnL's Avatar
        Mr. JabbaJohnL -
        Quote Originally Posted by darth metalmute View Post
        Is this the third, or fourth different Slave 1 molds? Including the small one just released.
        1. ESB Vintage (1980) - repainted for SOTE/POTF2 (1996)
        2. AOTC "Saga" (2002) - repainted for ESB OTC (2004)
        3. TCW/AOTC Rise of Boba Fett (2010) - repainted for ESB TVC (2013)
        4. AOTC Class II (2013) - repainted for ESB Class II (2013)

        Vintage is the original, of course; AOTC is the one with the rotating spring-loaded missile launcher in front, bigger than vintage but not by too crazy much; Rise of Boba Fett is the huge version that was repainted for Amazon; Class II is the tiny little $20 one.
      1. sith_killer_99's Avatar
        sith_killer_99 -
        Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
        1. ESB Vintage (1980) - repainted for SOTE/POTF2 (1996)
        2. AOTC "Saga" (2002) - repainted for ESB OTC (2004)
        3. TCW/AOTC Rise of Boba Fett (2010) - repainted for ESB TVC (2013)
        4. AOTC Class II (2013) - repainted for ESB Class II (2013)

        Vintage is the original, of course; AOTC is the one with the rotating spring-loaded missile launcher in front, bigger than vintage but not by too crazy much; Rise of Boba Fett is the huge version that was repainted for Amazon; Class II is the tiny little $20 one.
        So, size wise, if I were to make a list...

        AOTC Class II (2013) = Small
        Vintage/SOTE/POTF2 = Medium
        AOTC "Saga" OTC = Large
        TCW/AOTC Rise of Boba/Amazon = Super Sized

        I was fairly sure my OTC version was bigger than my POTF2/SOTE versions. That's probably where I was confused.

        Though I still maintain that the original $100 was too steep, $75 is easier to swallow. I say $75 because Amazon charged sales tax. Maybe I'll feel differently when this monster arrives, I just hope it doesn't dwarf my Millenium Falcon.
      1. Maradona's Avatar
        Maradona -
        Got mine today. Sadly. It was from AZ, but it shipped only in the white mailer box and, as a result, arrived with dinged corners and a has two dented piercings which went through the the white cardboard and through the interior box. I'm not sure how to proceed. It's not as bad as many of the photos I've seen, but I don't want to accept substandard quality for the price I paid. I also don't want to have to ship it back to them in this condition, where the post office will likely say that they won't accept a package in that state as shippable. I'm also concerned that Amazon might consider my complaints to be fraudulent since I am sure they've received tons of the false claims looking for refunds. Any suggestions?
      1. El Chuxter's Avatar
        El Chuxter -
        I'd contact them if you're not planning to open it and toss the box. Amazon generally has excellent service, and they're aware of this problem. If you're concerned about the condition of the box, use their chat or request a phone call; I'd be shocked if they don't make it right.
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
        The one on the right in JT's comparison photo was repainted as the OTC version. Seriously, the new one is huge - what is it going to take to convince you?
        Thanks, good point.

        Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
        Well I'm just gonna have to order this monster Slave I. Thanks a lot guys, I just ordered the Kotobukiya 10 inch Darth Vader and Boba Fett (ESB versions) now the Salve I will wipe out my budget for a week or two. Perhaps I shouldn't have bought 7 of those new 6 inch Black Series figures.

        BTW, Amazon has them back up for sale on their site, if they have any left in a week or two I may order another (one MIMB and one to open). Good thing we're not on RS, or I'd get flamed for daring to consider ordering 2.
        Well, at least you're getting good stuff. Koto ArtFX+ are 1:10th scale though, not a strict 10" (Vader would probably be 10", Fett 8"), those pieces both looked very tempting when I saw them.

        Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
        So, size wise, if I were to make a list...

        AOTC Class II (2013) = Small
        Vintage/SOTE/POTF2 = Medium
        AOTC "Saga" OTC = Large
        TCW/AOTC Rise of Boba/Amazon = Super Sized

        I was fairly sure my OTC version was bigger than my POTF2/SOTE versions. That's probably where I was confused.

        Though I still maintain that the original $100 was too steep, $75 is easier to swallow. I say $75 because Amazon charged sales tax. Maybe I'll feel differently when this monster arrives, I just hope it doesn't dwarf my Millenium Falcon.
        Yeah, looks right, although I wouldn't actually say the Saga/OTC one is any larger than the Vintage/SOTE version. http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...lave1_comp.jpg

        Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
        Got mine today. Sadly. It was from AZ, but it shipped only in the white mailer box and, as a result, arrived with dinged corners and a has two dented piercings which went through the the white cardboard and through the interior box. I'm not sure how to proceed. It's not as bad as many of the photos I've seen, but I don't want to accept substandard quality for the price I paid. I also don't want to have to ship it back to them in this condition, where the post office will likely say that they won't accept a package in that state as shippable. I'm also concerned that Amazon might consider my complaints to be fraudulent since I am sure they've received tons of the false claims looking for refunds. Any suggestions?
        Sorry to hear that. How bad are we talking about with dings?
      1. sith_killer_99's Avatar
        sith_killer_99 -
        Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
        Well, at least you're getting good stuff. Koto ArtFX+ are 1:10th scale though, not a strict 10" (Vader would probably be 10", Fett 8"), those pieces both looked very tempting when I saw them.
        Ah, yeah I haven't seen these smaller Koto ArtFX+ figures in person. My addiction to these is pretty strong, but focused, I stick to the OT non-human figures. I've seen Han, Leia, etc. in person and was not impressed, but the Bounty Hunters, Sandtroopers, Vader, Yoda, Scout Trooper, etc. all look fantastic. I have a little catching up to do on these.
      1. Snowtrooper's Avatar
        Snowtrooper -
        Got mine today and it came without any kind of protective box, so its kinda beat up. There are people with far worse, but its bad enough I'm thinking of returning it. It has a corner thats mashed in pretty badly and just a bunch of scuffing and marks from the trip here.
      1. Darth Metalmute's Avatar
        Darth Metalmute -
        Already got my replacement from Amazon. Came in the original white box and a second cardboard box with newspaper protection. Now I just need to send the other one back before they charge me 70 bucks for it; especially considering I only paid 39.99 for the original.

        Thanks sith_killer_99 for your help with the customer service number.

        Mardona, I would definitely contact them. Send them a picture as well. After contacting them, I received three emails apologizing for the shipping problems. Snowtrooper, I would recommend calling them as well.
      1. sith_killer_99's Avatar
        sith_killer_99 -
        Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
        Thanks sith_killer_99 for your help with the customer service number.
        I'm glad to hear it worked out well for you.

        Amazon seems to have bent over backwards to make this right, I am really impressed.
      1. DarkJedi5's Avatar
        DarkJedi5 -
        I opened mine up yesterday since I had heard that a few of these were being returned because of missing parts. I'm pleased to say mine isn't. It's been a while since I got to mess around with this mold (I think I put the Jango Slave I into storage about two years ago) and I've just remembered how much I like this thing. Glad to say, this is probably the last Slave I that I'll ever buy.
      1. sith_killer_99's Avatar
        sith_killer_99 -
        Well, my Slave I arrived today. I have not unpacked it yet, but it arrived in a brown cardboard box, not the white mailer or some shipping sticker slapped on the front, so that's a good sign. I also noticed that there was brown packing paper inside the box.

        Looking at the tracking, mine appears to have shipped from Louisville KY.

        I also couldn't help noticing that the Amazon website already has a listing for a "used" one from Amazon Warehousedeals listed as "Used - Like New" but with a list price of $60.28.
      1. Snowtrooper's Avatar
        Snowtrooper -
        Contacted Amazon this morning and they are sending me out a replacement packed in a box this time. Should hopefully arrive in two days. I thought they were very reasonable and helpful. Thanks SK99 for the phone number.
      1. Snowtrooper's Avatar
        Snowtrooper -
        Got my new Slave1 today. This time they packed it right. It was in the white mailer box which they put into another regular cardboard box. The packaging looks nice and mint. Now I have to open it up to see if all the parts are there. If its missing some, I still have the old one and I might raid it for parts, provided its not missing the same ones.
      1. Tycho's Avatar
        Tycho -
        Boba's ship did not come with the clear top to the prisoner cage that Jango's ship does!

        I want to see my action figures that Boba captures!
      1. Mr. JabbaJohnL's Avatar
        Mr. JabbaJohnL -
        It's currently on Amazon for $34.99!

        I finally got this a few weeks ago for my birthday. It's identical to the 2010 TCW version aside from deco (including the prisoner cell) and the fact that the rotating wings and cockpit mechanisms aren't nearly as smooth or functional (as has been mentioned before and can be fixed with a small spring and some elbow grease). The Han in carbonite accessory is nice - I think we're overdue for a proper carbonite Han figure. Sure, they could have added more play features, but it's pretty dang slick. For $35 you'd be nuts to pass up on it.
    • Recent Forum Posts

      Maradona

      Cosmos (with N.d.G. Tyson)

      I'm an episode behind, but the light episode is my favorite so far.

      Maradona 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Maradona

      L.A. area Just Found

      Ouch! Get better soon, sir.

      Maradona 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Tycho

      What have you watched recently?

      The Hot Toys Alien and Predator 1/6 scale stuff are some of the finest collectible items every made. I think I like the Predator stuff best.

      Tycho 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Bel-Cam Jos

      Cosmos (with N.d.G. Tyson)

      I was surprised in myself being able to name some of the terms that came up in this episode. I feel dumb; I just discovered that the show is somewhat

      Bel-Cam Jos 7 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Bel-Cam Jos

      G-day, mate! MLB 2014

      Nice HR barrage in Cincy, over two days via rain-out. Second game, having to dig out of a couple big innings against the Reds.

      Bel-Cam Jos 7 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JimJamBonds

      World War II buffs....

      I said it before and I'll say it again, very cool TeeEye7!

      JimJamBonds 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JimJamBonds

      G-day, mate! MLB 2014

      Ummm...I'm not so sure about that, well the sweep, that I'm aware of.

      JimJamBonds 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JimJamBonds

      What's everyone having for lunch today?

      I'm a fan of the Gar with no OT.

      Today I had a salad, some strawberries and yogurt washed down with some iced t.

      JimJamBonds 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JimJamBonds

      How did you spend your Saturday?

      Worked out, napped, went out to eat with the family for my nieces birthday.

      JimJamBonds 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JimJamBonds

      How is the weather by you today?

      More Smarchy weather here, todays high was about 36, throw in a few snow flurries and some wind and there you go. Thankfully the track meet we were to

      JimJamBonds 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO