• Hasbro Toy Fair Presentation Deck - FINALLY!

      Hasbro held back at first but have finally given us their presentation deck from Toy Fair! Better late than never!



      Head on over to our Toy Fair 2012 Photo Gallery to check it out!
      Buy the hottest collectibles from: BigBadToyStore.com and BriansToys.com.


      Comments 9 Comments
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Thanks for posting these. Ugh, "gotta get 'em Maul", worst pun ever, that's really corny.

        What is that look on Scuba Ahsoka's face?

        There's the full-size confirmation on that Battle Packs slide, and those figures still look so bad, I cannot imagine what Jeff was thinking when he said these were the best sculpts ever, straight off the screen. That's beyond hyperbole.

        Realistic Ahsoka has huge hips! My guess is due to ball-jointed hips, otherwise that's weird.

        Son of a b... Mara Jade is the wrong Mara Jade!
      1. Mr. JabbaJohnL's Avatar
        Mr. JabbaJohnL -
        It's nice to finally have this; I'm assuming they didn't want to release this year's after the last few years' worth of cancelled and shifted product, and I'm sure the dates won't be right (it's March 1 and those wave 2 Movie Heroes haven't been seen in the states) but I'm glad it's here.

        The POTF2-era articulation and vintage-era legs on the Battle Packs are baffling, but the head sculpts on at least Obi-Wan and Maul look pretty great. Boba and Vader look pretty good too, but we've gone beyond "pretty good" on those characters many times so the whole thing is just very strange.

        I'll be annoyed if the MTT Battle Droids really don't come with their backpacks.

        Since it says Mara Jade (Jedi) in the slide, I'm hoping those images are not what they're basing the figure on . . .

        The complete no-show of exclusives - even ones that are currently out - is odd. Hopefully more will be revealed at the summer conventions.
      1. Neuroleptic's Avatar
        Neuroleptic -
        Aside for the royal guard (... and that may be a package only purchase if that is how the cloak actualy looks. I swear, the original vintage one may still wind up being the best one so far) there wasn't anything that caught my eye.
      1. El Chuxter's Avatar
        El Chuxter -
        I hope that they just picked the wrong pictures for Mara. Man, they make that costume twice, and the poll choice was specifically the Jedi version. I have no desire to get a third, but I'd be bashing in the WM doors to get the Jedi. Not like there are no pictures of her in that outfit, either. She's on the cover of at least one of the novels wearing her robes, for pete's sake!

        Nikto and Leia look good, but, aside from those, the Vintage figures are tough to get excited about. Woo, another Vader with force lightning. All the clones look just like older figures to me, only with more joints. Somehow, they made Vintage Jar Jar look like the crappy (by today's standards) 1999 figure but with a few more joints. I guess there's Lumat, Tarkin, Weequay, and Nein Nunb, too, but there's a difference between "I'll get it when it comes out" and "I'm looking forward to it." Seriously, Orimaarko again, when there are other Dresselians? I still can't get over that. And I'm as burned-out on Sandtroopers as I am on Clonetroopers and pointless Vader resculpts. Why re-release him, or is there something new about this, and why two Vintage Sandtroopers if that's the case?

        And maybe I'm missing something, but what's the "TOR" designation on that Clonetrooper heavy gunner dude?
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
        It's nice to finally have this; I'm assuming they didn't want to release this year's after the last few years' worth of cancelled and shifted product, and I'm sure the dates won't be right (it's March 1 and those wave 2 Movie Heroes haven't been seen in the states) but I'm glad it's here.

        The POTF2-era articulation and vintage-era legs on the Battle Packs are baffling, but the head sculpts on at least Obi-Wan and Maul look pretty great. Boba and Vader look pretty good too, but we've gone beyond "pretty good" on those characters many times so the whole thing is just very strange.

        I'll be annoyed if the MTT Battle Droids really don't come with their backpacks.

        Since it says Mara Jade (Jedi) in the slide, I'm hoping those images are not what they're basing the figure on . . .

        The complete no-show of exclusives - even ones that are currently out - is odd. Hopefully more will be revealed at the summer conventions.
        I suspect they didn't release it until now because of the other brands in the presentation - they never release slideshows lately, whereas SW always does.

        Toy Fair generally isn't for exclusives, but it is odd that they didn't show up in the fan media presentation. I highly doubt they're foregoing exclusives though.


        Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post
        Aside for the royal guard (... and that may be a package only purchase if that is how the cloak actualy looks. I swear, the original vintage one may still wind up being the best one so far) there wasn't anything that caught my eye.
        Aside from the non-relaxed material, I am not seeing what there'd be on the cloak to complain about.


        Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
        I hope that they just picked the wrong pictures for Mara. Man, they make that costume twice, and the poll choice was specifically the Jedi version. I have no desire to get a third, but I'd be bashing in the WM doors to get the Jedi. Not like there are no pictures of her in that outfit, either. She's on the cover of at least one of the novels wearing her robes, for pete's sake!

        Nikto and Leia look good, but, aside from those, the Vintage figures are tough to get excited about. Woo, another Vader with force lightning. All the clones look just like older figures to me, only with more joints. Somehow, they made Vintage Jar Jar look like the crappy (by today's standards) 1999 figure but with a few more joints. I guess there's Lumat, Tarkin, Weequay, and Nein Nunb, too, but there's a difference between "I'll get it when it comes out" and "I'm looking forward to it." Seriously, Orimaarko again, when there are other Dresselians? I still can't get over that. And I'm as burned-out on Sandtroopers as I am on Clonetroopers and pointless Vader resculpts. Why re-release him, or is there something new about this, and why two Vintage Sandtroopers if that's the case?

        And maybe I'm missing something, but what's the "TOR" designation on that Clonetrooper heavy gunner dude?
        They said this is a new Sandtrooper body, I think.

        We haven't had a new Vader with Force Lightning in a decade, since the POTJ line.

        The figure with the TOR designation is not a clone trooper, but a trooper from The Old Republic MMORPG. Yes, apparently everything that happened 4,000 years ago now looks like it took place between TCW and Legacy.
      1. Mr. JabbaJohnL's Avatar
        Mr. JabbaJohnL -
        Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
        We haven't had a new Vader with Force Lightning in a decade, since the POTJ line.
        There was another version in 2006's TSC line - it was based on the same body as the 2001 figure, but had a removable right glove (with mechanical arm showing underneath) and removable purple lightning to wrap around his helmet. So while it's not an entirely separate figure, it's a distinct enough version in my book.
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
        There was another version in 2006's TSC line - it was based on the same body as the 2001 figure, but had a removable right glove (with mechanical arm showing underneath) and removable purple lightning to wrap around his helmet. So while it's not an entirely separate figure, it's a distinct enough version in my book.
        part of a right arm is a new figure to you? Not in my book, not by a long shot, especially since it's not even an accurate version of what's seen in the film.
      1. Mr. JabbaJohnL's Avatar
        Mr. JabbaJohnL -
        Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
        part of a right arm is a new figure to you? Not in my book, not by a long shot, especially since it's not even an accurate version of what's seen in the film.
        When did it say it was a new figure? I believe I said, "So while it's not an entirely separate figure, it's a distinct enough version in my book." Oh, that's because that's exactly what I said. It's the combination of the newly sculpted parts on the right arm, and the completely new lightning accessory, and the different paint/colors (especially in the helmet), to where I can't just say "Yep, that's the exact same figure as before." Adam Pawlus often uses the phrase "Different enough to make you mad," and I see the 2006 figure as a step above that, but not quite a unique figure altogether.
      1. JediTricks's Avatar
        JediTricks -
        Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
        When did it say it was a new figure? I believe I said, "So while it's not an entirely separate figure, it's a distinct enough version in my book." Oh, that's because that's exactly what I said. It's the combination of the newly sculpted parts on the right arm, and the completely new lightning accessory, and the different paint/colors (especially in the helmet), to where I can't just say "Yep, that's the exact same figure as before." Adam Pawlus often uses the phrase "Different enough to make you mad," and I see the 2006 figure as a step above that, but not quite a unique figure altogether.
        I said there hadn't been a new figure of the character since '01, you said that this '06 figure was distinct enough to qualify, so you are equating distinctness with a new version. I am merely arguing that the '06 figure doesn't qualify in my book.
    • Recent Forum Posts

      bigbarada

      QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO at Conventions 2016

      Did anyone ever address the issue of the rubbery wings and guns on the TFA TIE Fighter and X-Wing toys? If not:

      Many fans have expressed

      bigbarada 22 Minutes Ago Go to last post
      Tycho

      The Force Awakens products to hit September 4

      Who is Fred Meyer in what screening does he post under?

      Tycho 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Tycho

      L.A. area Just Found

      Nerve damage? I think I'm not aware of what happened.

      I got my order of Disney kylo run without helmet. I like him a lot I wish the right

      Tycho 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Tycho

      Transformers: Energon & Beyond

      Thanks for the link JT. I just bought mine for Decepticon army building. But I agree that I am uncomfortable with swindle. I might return them and try

      Tycho 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Adam

      Transformers: Energon & Beyond

      Bruticus' matching feet are animation accurate. (As much as that's possible)

      I think the Unite Warriors version looks great, pretty much

      Adam 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Mr. JabbaJohnL

      SW Rebels Hasbro vehicles

      Oh yeah, oops. There are too many damn AT vehicles these days.

      Mr. JabbaJohnL 17 Hours Ago Go to last post
      Mr. JabbaJohnL

      QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO at Conventions 2016

      I like the questions so far! I've added a few of my own based on them.

      When we asked them about female figures last July, this was their

      Mr. JabbaJohnL 17 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JediTricks

      QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO at Conventions 2016

      Your arguments for the 5 Point of Articulation figures was that they would fit the budget-friendly kid market, and released the figures at a pricepoint

      JediTricks 18 Hours Ago Go to last post
      JediTricks

      Transformers: Energon & Beyond

      If you loved Swindle, you wouldn't buy this ugly piece of crap. You'd buy one that's properly painted, and isn't addicted to steroids.

      JediTricks 19 Hours Ago Go to last post
      El Chuxter

      QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO at Conventions 2016

      There was an article not too long ago (I'll try to find it) that confirmed that Hasbro had designs, basic plot, and very little specifics, and Disney

      El Chuxter 23 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO