Star Wars Universe Theme Park?
Should George Lucas consider opening a Star Wars "The Experience" theme park??? ...Most definitely YES!
I know that there are Star Wars conventions and alot of Star Wars stuff has been donated to the Smithsonian Museum...however I really think that a SW theme park would be great for both SW fans and non-SW fans alike. (Look at the success of DISNEY WORLD in Florida, California, France, Tokyo and what about "STAR TREK: The Experience" in Las Vegas)
A STAR WARS Universe Theme Park could be a place where tourists could feel like they are really touring the Star Wars universe and be a place where fans can come and:
- The hallways of the Deathstar and see Stormtroopers walking in formation and standing guard
- The hallways of Cloud City on Bespin
- The Detention Block
- Trash Compactor
- Yoda's Hut on Dagobah
- Ben's Hut on Tatooine
- The Carbon Freeze Chamber on Bespin
- The Jedi Council Chamber on Coruscant
- The Bridge of Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer
- Darth Vader's Quarters
- Jabba's Palace on Tatooine
- Han and Leia's Hotel suite on Bespin
- The Emperor's Throne Room
- All of the ships on Tatooine (i.e. Luke's Landspeeder, T-16 Skyhopper, Sandcrawler)
- All of the ships in the Rebel Base on Hoth / Rebel Hangar (i.e. Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, Snowspeeder, A-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing)
- See all of the Beasts in SW Universe (Tauntaun, Rancor, Wampa, Bantha, etc...)
- All of the ships in the DeathStar Hangar (i.e. Shuttle Tyderium, Tie Interceptor, Tie Bomber, Tie Advance, Tie Fighter)
- The Landing Platform on Endor (i.e. AT-AT, AT-ST, and Speederbikes)
EAT AND BE ENTERTAINED AT:
- The Mos Eisley Cantina
- Other Restaurants on Coruscant, Alderaan, Tatooine, Naboo etc...
SEE THE REINACTMENTS OF:
- Stormtroopers on Tatooine Patrol
- Darth Vader and his Snowtroopers storming the Rebel Base on Hoth
- The Trash Compactor Scene
- Luke's escape from Wampa Cave on Hoth
- The Battle of Hoth
- The Sarlaac Pit
- Space Battle from Star Wars - A New Hope (Expanded on Movie Screen)
- Bespin Escape
- Space Battle from Star Wars - Return of the Jedi (Expanded on Movie Screen)
- The Battle on Endor
- Luke and Darth Vader's duel on Bespin
- Darth Vader's meeting with the Bounty Hunter's
- The Emperor's Arrival to DeathStar II
- Han Solo getting frozen in Carbonite on Bespin
- Luke training with Yoda on Dagobah
- Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul Duel on Naboo
- Mos Eisley Cantina showdown
- Han Solo, Chewbacca meet Obi Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker in Cantina
- The destruction of Alderaan
- The Detention Block rescue
- Bikerscouts on Patrol on Endor
- Luke surrender to Vader on Endor
- Luke and Darth Vader's duel in the Emperor's throne room
- Various roller-costers / rides, and 3-D presentations like STAR TOURS at MGM Studios in Florida
PURCHASE AND DRESS LIKE THEIR FAVORITE CHARACTER WITH:
- Official Star Wars replica movie props (i.e. lightsaber hilts, blasters, gaffy sticks etc..)
- Official Star Wars replica costumes (i.e. Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Boba Fett etc...)
- Any Star Wars toy (including vintage stuff) ever released by Hasbro
GIVE FANS A CHANCE TO PLAY IN REINACTMENT (COOL):
- Fans (in costume) could be filmed against a blue screen and then digitally replace characters in the original movie...thus creating their own custom movie scene.
- Their favorite character in the Star Wars universe...by having guest appearances by the actors / actresses who appeared in the movies
- The creative staff...again by having guest appearances by the various people who were / are involved in the production of the SW movies
Anyway, please let me know what all of you SW fans think of my idea and whether you think that George should seriously consider it and pursue it someday. I'm certain I speak for all of the SW fans around the world when I say that I would LOVE to have place like this to go and get lost in the SW universe!
Re: I'd love to see it...
I'd like to see that happen but not the staff in costumes as aliens.
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
...but if it doesn't happen, I'd like to see a chain of Mos Eisley Cantinas (not too many of them - maybe something on the order of the number of Hard Rock Cafes or Planet Hollywoods), with staff in-costume as the aliens and real memorabilia on the walls and ceilings, a small gift shop with some cool exclusives, and SW movies playing on strategically located big-screens throughout the restaurant.
The only thing is is what kind of food would they serve?
re: "what kind of food would they serve?"
Why not good ol' Americana, with a sprinking of maybe Tex-Mex?
You could always drip a few out-of-character drops of food coloring into the various dishes to make, like Green tortillas chips or blue rice, etc..