Me too. When is that supposed to be coming out?
Originally Posted by DarkArtist
SideSwipe is becoming ever more present in the stores.
I'm still tempted to buy 2nd figures of both him and BumbleBee to have one displayed in each mode, but it's not all that necessary.
I'm also eager to see pictures of the first Decepticon, Barricade with Frenzy!
I've never seen what that set is going to look like.
At Comic Con, Hasbro said they will continue with Mudflap and Simmons.
I'm hoping they'll take it further and do Sideways with Alice, Rampage with Ron Witwicky (prisoner), and maybe go all out and make Ironhide with Lennox.
More Decepticons would always be appreciated, too. Maybe Wheelie could be included as the mini-figure with one of them?
Target has lowered the price on ROTF deluxes back down to 11.89. I guess they figured all those Wheelies weren't going to move at 13.09.
It's Saturday, rainy, and college football is on. What better way to enjoy some leisure time than to sit in the easy chair and open some toys?
I opened and transformed the following:
Ice Cream Twins x2
Animated Sentinel Prime
Activators Fireblast Grimlock
Star Wars Crossovers Darth Vader
Cool toys...just hate having to clean up the trash. :)
J&H, that's a lot of trash generated indeed! Sometimes I'll go so far as to cut up the bubbles into much more manageable pieces.
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
I just put it all in an oversized trash bag and threw it away this morning on my way out.
I finally found Voyager Long Haul this afternoon. Rejoice!!
Ok, first up, questions for Hasbro are due in 1 week, so please post any real questions:
Sorry for my non-participation lately, I've been occupied with real-life stuff. However, I have been sticking in the game, here's all the TF goodies I got over the last MONTH (yes, it's been a month without me posting in here):
- Leader-class Optimus Prime. Birthday present. Robot mode is incredibly accurate, although perhaps a little wide, but nails everything. Having only 1 line is a disappointment, what were they thinking? The swords get in the way which is too bad, and not having a gun is odd. The hands being permanently stuck in that weak gun-holding pose is rough, but the figure has good articulation otherwise and stands quite tall. Paint is decent but the corners cut are a little annoying. The shrugging/stretching/yawning action doesn't wow me.
Transformation to alt mode is a bit of a chore, I'm not as annoyed by most transfans with it, but it's not satisfying as the M1 version and there are a few bothersome steps. Transformation to robot mode still isn't as "whole" as most, but not as annoying as to alt mode.
Alt mode is very realistic compared to the M1 version, a lot of detail and stuff, no kibble, not even on the underside really. There's a button on the back for rumbling sounds, I dig this, but again, multiple sounds might have been better.
Overall, decent to look at, even to pose, but not so much to play with.
- Nightbeat, from HTS. The repaint of Dead End (Scout) looked better to me, less toyetic, due to the deco so I waited. The alt mode doesn't quite align as streamlined as I'd like, but definitely looks less cheap than the red & black original. Transformation is ok, but a few elements get in the way and others don't lock down as well as they should. Bot mode leaves me a little cold, some good ideas but not quite landing together, and that head design fails me in so many ways. Fair, but not great.
- Ejector, from HTS. He's a wacky toaster-bot! Robot mode is ok, not quite as locked down in the shoulders as I'd like, and I just don't get the second pair of arms, but the movable mouth/upper-face is fun and he just has tons of personality. Transformation is fair for scout. Alt mode is ok, but the back seems like they neglected something.
- Jolt, from HTS. I got conned into thinking this was a good figure from some buddies on my TF board. It's pretty meh. Alt mode is boring and covered in seams. Transformation has stuff going on, but not quite as clever as it should be. Robot mode is boring and goofy looking and poorly detailed. Not a terrible figure, just an uninspiring one.
- TF:Universe Inferno, from TRU. No idea what this was doing out, but another figure I was nagged into getting by claims of how great it is. First thing out the gate is this sucker needs more deco, especially the clear bits, but just everywhere you look it's not quite enough. Alt mode is good from the front, but the back half is just panels and limbs, not doing a good enough job hiding this, reminds me of Energon Inferno, which this figure borrows a few ideas from. Transformation has some clever stuff in the mid-body, but the majority is limb positioning which doesn't dazzle me. Robot mode is decent, has a lot of G1 cred, and does a good job hiding the various kibble panels. Very articulated, but the hips are an odd type of jointing that is very high, the shoulders are ultra-tight ratchets, and many of the leg joints are a bit too loose. I do like the foot being instep-hinged though, that is quite clever. One thing I don't like about bot mode is that there's no back, the hips and shoulders are behind the majority of the bulk, and this is worsened by the clear elements showing all the way through the torso. The head is a bit under-sculpted, but I do like the painted light-pipe eyes, they really stand out. All in all, it's a fair figure but as I suspected, it's just trying to do the basics, nothing clever or unique or new.
I saw two just released ROTS multipacks at TRU yesterday. One was a Fallen/Megatron/Soundwave set, Soundwave with an improved metallic silver deco and the other was Hoist/Mixmaster G1 repaint.
I ordered the Mikaela, Skids, Arcee HUMAN ALLIANCE figures from ToysRUs.com. It's been shipped to me already though I haven't received it yet.
They sell the set for $34. It includes a representation of Megan Fox as directed by Michael Bay! How awesome is that?!
i spotted one at TRU Saturday night but left it on the shelf for $$$$ reasons... hoping to get one for Christmas though. set looks great, and a mini Megan Fox figure is the icing on the cake... Arcee looks nice as well and in scale to Skids so that to is a plus.
Originally Posted by Tycho
Originally Posted by figrin bran
I saw both of these over the weekend. They're not bad looking sets, but both were easy passes for me, as I am only really wanting the HA Skids and the Walmart Universe exclusives (which I found, woot).