That's far more productive than I was yesterday.
That's far more productive than I was yesterday.
Ran 21.52 miles, worked, ate, slept.
Took my cousins out to the beach for surfing, then lunch.
Then we went to Sea Port Village, flew kites, watched this guy balance rocks into like 6 -7 feet columns, and went to my favorite art museum. Jennifer also had her portrait drawn.
Then we ended up in SeaWorld. [Frett and Slicker - I think those stingrays miss you guys.]
Then I went to the Chargers' game versus Dallas.
The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo (see pics below).
One night or another, I took Jennifer to the LaJolla Comedy Store and we drank and laughed a lot.
Some old pics of my mom turned up from when I was really young. Wow was my mother beautiful! She was a pageant princess before she was always on my case about sports and school. I actually realized how much I miss her - momentarily. (I'll get some pics digitized and post 'em in the pics-of-myself thread since I'm in those with my mother).
One of the other shots below is from the Chargers' game, where they honored our military and the Marines brought some of their armor division out for the kids to play in. Our Pro-Teams are so good to our military here. My father would be really proud.
Here are some more random shots from last weekend.
I have so many pics from everywhere we went and a lot of the things we got to do, but I really love the wildlife ones I took at the Zoo!
I'll share some more of the other pics later. These animals were really amazing.
The pics are cool, Tycho, but what's the deal with those night-vision green glow on many of 'em? Spying for the Ruskies? Private investigator-in-training? ;)
I was trying to take pictures of Jennifer going out in the ocean at night before the next morning when were going to the zoo. So I made some adjustments.
My camera has a simple-pic mode that works pretty well - and a more involved mode with settings for all different sorts of lighting and resolutions. As long as I switched back to the simple mode I was getting good shots at the zoo. But sometimes I was in a hurry because the animals were getting into some cool positions or poses.
I think (3 years later since the time of purchase) I really need to read the instruction book that came with my camera. It might help. Ya think? :rolleyes:
Put together (with a lot of help from my brother and father) a huge swingset/playset for my 1st son's 3rd birthday. Seeing him having so much fun on it made it worth every penny it cost and every second it took to put together.
I'd keep the green glow, Tycho; it adds character to your memories. Plus, guys never read manuals; we just mess stuff up with gusto! :D
Yesterday: did a crossword, finished the had-to-finish grading (three boxes full, uff :ninja: ) and dropped some off at the school to save some weight on a later time, finished a book I started a couple weeks back (on the Dust Bowl days), bought a pack of C batteries to replace the dead one in the grandfather clock stuck at 5 to 7:00, watched crummy TV, had breakfast for dinner, went too bed too late (since I wasn't going to sleep in this morning). Not a bad day.
Yesterday was both an important and a happy/sad Saturday for me all rolled into one.
- It was the 17th Anniversary of the Power Rangers series/television debut
- It was the second day of Power Morphicon 2010 (the 2nd official fan convention for Power Rangers and the American Toku genre). Basically our Power Ranger equivalent to Star Wars Celebration.
- It was Jeditricks and Jedi Master Sal's birthday. :thumbsup:
- The final 2 episodes of the "Mighty Morphin Reversion" season of Power Rangers aired. So the wait begins until the new season starts.
- Those final two episodes also marked the final airing of Power Rangers on ABC (and by extension on standard broadcast "over the air" television). This leaves me with a minor problem to solve before 2011 as I don't have cable/Nickelodeon.
- My problem was made worse in that my local ABC affiliate (for who knows what reason) decided to go off the air (have no signal) just long enough so that I would miss said two reversion episodes. Which leaves me with another thing to solve. Finding said episodes and solving the matter of watching/saving them. I'd wait for DVDs, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, if ever, for this reversion. Having a hard time now just getting them to release season sets. What chance does a season of "alternate cut" episodes have. It be like trying to get a complete DVD episode set of "Transformers Generation 2" or getting Lucas to release every rendition of the original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD/Bluray.
- It was also the final airing of the "Turtles Forever" TV movie on The CW (and by extension the end of the TMNT (2003 TV Series) airing on standard broadcast "over the air" television). Not a huge deal as the show has been over since 2009 and I've seen all the series episodes & the TV movie. Just sad to see them go.
Went to my mom's and got more stuff out of the basement as she is in the process of preparing for moving and possibly selling the place. I ended up being there a lot longer than originally planned. My oldest brother and I were going to move this old bookcase out of the basement, along with my old stereo system and cabinet. However, the truck he had probably wouldn't have been suited for hauling it. Also, mom insisted that she wanted to clean it up before bringing it into my place. So, we ended up going through a bunch of other stuff and loading it into the truck for my brother to haul off. I did end up taking the stereo system except for the cabinet, and I got a bunch of old magazines that I'll probably toss in the recycling.