What about the Clone Wars line's vehicles?
OK, let me see if I can explain this when I don't know anything :D
(No - seriously. I mean it. I don't know anything.)
Saga Legends -
- includes figures everyone already has or didn't pick up the first time around from Darth Vader to Darth Revan, and lots of clones.
- includes all vehicles either 1) not from the Clone Wars cartoon or possibly featured in it - from Jedi Starfighters that were also in the movies to things like the Republic Fighter Tank or 2) not put in retro-packaging just for the novelty of it all - like the redone Snowspeeder or BAT-AT that they could slap a Kenner label on just for the novelty of it).
- includes 2 or 3 vehicles that would be Saga Legends, but they slapped a Kenner logo on it, and perhaps a picture of a child playing with the toy reminiscient of the way toys were presented in the '80's.
- The vehicle is new to the cartoon series like The Twilight could potentially be, if made into a toy.
- The vehicle also appears in the PT as well as the animated series, so they can entince the kid Clone Wars fans or the CW completist with the packaging change - and maybe a deco change like the AAT Tank.
This being the case, it makes pretty good sense that I run the vehicle discussion threads in the Saga Legends forum like SirSteve prompted, because any vehicle could really appear there and the Expanded Universe includes much more than Clone Wars (which is limited to a particular era in its scope).
I am a genius and just plain brilliant for figuring this out in so many words AFTER SirSteve apparently and previously did. :yes:
All this proves is that I can almost think on his level if I type out a bunch of words and try and sound like I'm reasoning logically. :yes:
This (helps) explains why he's an executive (of the website) and I'm full of hot air.
As it has been over the last few years, cases of battle packs and vehicles will continue to include products from both The Clone Wars (animated) line and the realistic line (in this case, "Saga Legends"). So Battle of Hoth will ship with Anti-Hailfire Droid Squad, and Anakin's Jedi Starfighter will ship with Luke's Snowspeeder. They'll be in the same style of packaging, but The Clone Wars products will have that name physically on the packaging, thus differentiating them. The only Saga Legends products that will have the line's name on them are the basic carded figures.
And for the record, the vintage-style line is officially called The Vintage Collection. Not neo-vintage, not Vintage Redeaux (or any other misspelled word), not Vintage Resurrection, not VTLC. The Vintage Collection. Let's get in that habit, shall we?
The Clone Wars name appearing on the packaging makes this more confusing as the CW vehicles are the same SKU as the non-CW vehicles. Therefore, technically, from an supply-side organizational perspective, all "starfighter-class" $20 vehicles are Saga Legends, even Clone Wars. From the demand-side of organizing however, it's seen differently, and it's that dichotomy which I think makes the non-CW vehicles more appropriate to be classified in The Vintage Collection than Saga Legends. SL may be accurate, but it's confusing and doesn't fit the perceptions, and there is ample precedent to separate them by source. Even Hasbro says vehicles are in CW and TVC, despite those vehicles shipping under Saga Legends.
Now that people are finding and opening the realistic vehicles, "The Legacy Collection" is seen on the little instruction booklets, meaning that at least someone at Hasbro considers them to be part of that line. Take that as you will.
Good catch. Saga Legends is "Legacy Collection" to them now, you'll notice they intertwine the terminology. It's a big mess. I'd not count that as anything though after the fiasco with the vintage-style figures from TAC marked "The Saga Collection".
Are all tne Blue packaging Saga Legends all repacks?
All Saga Legends are repacks, occasionally with slight repaints. This year is no exception, although you'll be able to get the Battle Droid from last year's Target sets on the new Saga Legends card.