HTS has the wave up now, including Ratts Tyrell, for $114.99. It comes out to $9.58 per figure. Thats not figuring tax and shipping into it. No individual figures though. I thought they might start selling singles once this wave started coming out, but it looks like thats not going to change.
I ran across the remnants of the The Phantom Menace figures at the Steelyard Commons Walmart* and got "bodybuilder" Savage Opress and a Battle Droid. They had Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin and Queen Amidala there as well. I wasn't about to pick up the partial wave since I have the entire wave on order.
Has anyone gotten Ratts Tyrell as a single figure?
I found him at Target (Redlands, IIRC) last year. Okay, a few weeks ago, but it was still last year.
I found him (and got him) at a Target in December, and saw a few of him yesterday when I found the wave at Walmart. Is that what you mean, or are you asking about online?
Same thing (almost) here. I've seen him twice (once last year in early Dec., once this year in early Jan.) at different Targets, but unlike others, I passed on him (them? and his little droid too).
Thanks. I like the store reports and found them useful.
How about online finds of Ratts Tyrell?
Got my TPM order from ToysRUs today. They showed up in pretty good condition, well enough to keep most of them carded. There are a few that the bubbles are scratched up a bit more than I'd like, so I might make openers out of those. All I have to find now is Ratts Tyrell.
Checking out RS's photos of the entire wave, it's become apparent that I really don't want much here.
- I am definitely not paying $10 a piece for podracers;
- the Jedi were always a no since I already have them;
- I didn't want another lil' Padawanakin in general, but that head misses the mark in paint and sculpt;
- the Battle Droid's height issue and wonky paint aren't great, and then the final production sample seems less sharp and the rivet joints look cheaper than on the test shot I saw last year, and that unpainted head is a yuck;
- the Darth Sidious figure's hood looks terrible and just ruins it for me, the recycled limbs don't really fit the torso or the character at this state;
- Daulty looks right, but I just don't care for Neimoidian figures anymore, especially at this pricepoint;
- the Naboo Guard I kinda was interested in but the generic head ain't that good and the helmet's screwed up paint ruins the whole figure, and the crotch looks boxy and wide, this figure is the closest to likely that I might buy;
- there was never any chance of me buying that Amidala figure, the facial sculpt is good but the head is again too wide, the eyebrows are still painted wrong as with too many Padme figures, and the outfit is not something I ever gave a crap about;
- Vos is a no, there's nothing interesting there, it's the 3rd figure of the guy and I paid almost the same price for 2 figures in his first comic pack;
- Maul is a maybe, but the hood doesn't fit worth a damn which is downright shameful, the horns don't look good even after Hasbro did such a good job with the Savage Opress horns, the left forearm has the comm as part of the gauntlet, the belt AND skirt are backwards, and I just feel like whoever was in charge of these didn't care enough to deliver on the promise (and insanely high pricepoint) of this brand.
Very disappointing. And moreso that the return of the themed wave brings a theme that offers a collector like myself nothing.
Yeah, I just saw that online and my interest in the figure dropped to "tepid". That paint says someone in charge doesn't care.
Originally Posted by DarkJedi5
Ditto. Though I didn't order the entire wave.
Originally Posted by Snowtrooper
(5) Naboo Royal Guards. They look good. Plain actually. I didn't realize that because the 1999 version was pre-posed, the front of his tunic looked cooler "crinkled" with the motion of his body. The uniform's more flat and boring when the guard's relaxed I guess. [Now they need to make a black man Naboo Security Guard (the yellow and orange police uniform). This is independent of the N-1 pilots they could do.]
(3) Ben Quadrinaros. He's weird. I guess the figure is good. I just always thought he was wierd. I guess that's good. He's a alien, and by contrast, he makes OT aliens like Greedo look almost human. That's CGI versus rubber masks on actors. I'm actually for both. And that's what makes Ben weird. I didn't open him, so I wonder how well his shape will stand as an action figure. That's OK though. I have a lot of clear stands.
(2) Daultay Dofines - this is a good figure for a Niemoidian. Maybe with the inclusion of a battle droid blaster, he might even sell - especially on a vintage style card. I very much like this figure and the robe sculpt is good too. Nute and Rune in Episode III hats could eventually be made this way I suppose - for the ROTS 3-D release I guess. That could be a few years away. Meanwhile, Tey How was likely saved for last (to get an initial figure) because he (or she?) is different enough from other Niemoidians to possibly sell a little better. I liked that Captain of a Trade Federation ship that faced off with Anakin and the Resolute in the Ryloth episodes from the first season of Clone Wars. But he'd be an animated figure and they might want to make a CW Nute figure first, since Nute appeared in more episodes while Padme captured him and Ventress rescued him.
(2) Queen Amidala figures. At long last, her post-senate / Nute Gunray arrest (the first time he's busted by her) completing every TPM Padme figure after 13 years! I was very glad to add her to my little diorama of Nute's arrest and CHANCELLOR Palpatine's arrival on Naboo at the end of TPM (it's just figures on one shelf of a curio cabinet, but I like it and that's what matters). She's good, if a bit too elder-looking since she was a 14 year old Queen. As a Queen in her royal attire, her 2001 POTJ Theed Throne figure is probably the best, along with her 1999 Senate figure. The 2010 Pre-Senate outfit from the Evolutions 3-pack isn't bad either, nor the 2009 Purple Return to Naboo dress. The black post-senate gown doesn't rank higher than any of these, IMO. However it was a needed figure for my TPM displays which, in terms of the Queen, are now complete.
I AM REALLY HAPPY TO HAVE ALL TPM QUEEN FIGURES TO COMPLETE AUTHENTIC DIORAMAS WITH.
Now on to getting all the Episode 2 and 3 Padmes! (*cough* That is MY hobby, JediTricks. Making the displays of all the one-second-on-the-screen-wonders is why I'm here, not to claim the ultimate Darth Vader and Luke Bespin figures).
So everyone please be happy for me. I got one wish fulfilled with this wave. :love: