Should I point out the spelling error I found? No, that would not be nice. Or wait... maybe I have the variant! :eek: Retirement, here I come! ... in about 50 years. And BB, I meant to ask, when you opened the case of your books, was Biff Tannen washing and waxing your car to appropriate standards? ;)
But I guess the big thing I'll do for the '13 summer is drive. Clark W. Griswald-style, to Mt. Rushmore, via multiple other states (I think 9 is the count, once the trip is over) for a fortnight-plus-some. And fall '13 has new school (speaking of) Standards called the Common Core. Maybe I'll poll the local educators while on the trip about their views of this national system.
Do you believe aliens sculpted the portraits of our presidents on Mt. Rushmore?
Someone needs to make a YouTube spoof of Ancient Aliens, set in the future, where they try to prove that Mt. Rushmore was built by aliens to honor their generals.
PM sent. :cool:
Originally Posted by JediTricks
I had thought about digital publishing when I realized what printing costs would be; but a friend of mine actually loaned me the money to get the printing done and I'm going to pay him back by doing some web design work for him. I might still look into digital publishing once the initial mini-series is completed, but for now I just love the idea of having a physical book that I can hold in my hands.
Cool! Looking forward to getting your opinion on it.
Originally Posted by El Chuxter
Yeah, please point out any spelling or grammatical errors. There are actually a few minor things that slipped through the cracks that I would like to fix if I ever got around to doing a second printing (technical stuff like panel borders disappearing or layer masks getting turned off for no reason), so if you find a typo let me know and I can add it to the list.
Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Also, Biff was out mowing the lawn when the books came in and I'm pretty sure he ran over a squirrel at some point. :D
Well, I managed to get my picture in the paper but in a good way:
There are a couple of minor inaccuracies in the article, for example it's clear the lady who wrote the article didn't really read the story that closely, plus I never actually collected Spawn. I was listing some titles that Image published back when I was creating Stump and I think Spawn was the only name she recognized. No biggie, still pretty happy with the article, even though I look like a total dork in the photo.
So, what'd I do in 2013?
- travelled 5000 miles this summer to 9 different states over 2+ weeks
- got a new car to replace the one with growing mechanical issues
- acted as Jay Gatsby and Jack Benny in various events
- read 52 (and counting?) books this year, including 29 in the summer
- finished my 11th year, and began my 12th, teaching (survived the Common Core issues... so far)
- began a yoga routine at school (and haven't died or been injured! )
- won a door decorating contest at school, also began a Special Education collaboration class for the first time
- saw Ohio State and Globetrotters basketball games in person
- replaced some home devices
- joined a fantasy hockey league (and didn't go winless)
- participated in "Movember" for the first time
- met some SSGers once again
- became a centenarian :D
Was in all 4 time zones of the continental US (granted I got a 2 for 1 being in Arizona in March for Daylight Savings)...still that should count for something right?