Confirmed to be Boba Fett (ESB) with Han Solo: Carbonite Block. $44.99 at SDCC.
Wow, we're all... whelmed. ;) I think we can safely say we saw this coming. I'm not blown away by the images so far though, the sculpt and paint look like the existing 4" figure, which isn't worth $20, so hopefully this is just a case of prototype blues.
I was kind of expecting to see a more detailed and weathered paint job. Plus, Boba's helmet looks a little squished on top. But I have no interest in the SDCC exclusive, so I'll just wait and see what the retail version looks like.
I totally agree about the paint job, or rather the lack of a paint job, there's no weathering at all and it really takes away here.
Originally Posted by bigbarada
Boba's helmet is more squished in ESB compared to ROTJ, it's one of the reasons Sideshow's figure gets a knock, they used the ROTJ helmet design.
It looks like his rangefinder isn't movable, if that's the case I'm going to be quite disappointed.
Retitled the thread.
Hi-res photos have gotten out there:
I'm underwhelmed to the Nth degree. These are supposed to be collector-premium quality, yet look at the sculpting on the shoulder armor, there's never been an uglier, thicker design for this on the 3.75" scale - going all the way back to the 1979 figure! It has added joints in the wrists and ankles, but uses ugly cut joints in the biceps and thighs (look at that right bicep joint in action); look at the hinge pins in the knees too, what the hell? And the sculpting doesn't look sharper than any 3.75" figure. The production version better look a hell of a lot better than this, I'd say it looks like an upscaled 3.75" figure if I didn't know better.
The carbonite block fares better, sculpting may not be a sharp as I'd like but it's good. Not feeling the phoned in paint on the control panel though. There's a seam on the side, looks like the control panels are inserts and the slab is built in halves.
This doesn't scream "$50 exclusive!!!" to you, JT?
Not even if this was 1995. What about you?
Originally Posted by El Chuxter
You didn't notice I was using the sarcastic font? :)
To be honest, I'm not sure that it screams "$20 figure that'll probably at least once go on sale for $15, if not on clearance for lower."
I don't need this.
I especially don't need another Boba Fett figure.
I don't even have a pass into Comic Con as of yet, and may not even get one.
That being said, this is how you make Han Solo Carbonite
1. Han figure in white shirt, brown pants
2. extra right and left arms, bent up with hands in frozen position
3. carbonite block bottom - fits figure in it. Snaps to additional parts.
4. clear carbonite top like 1985 POTF figure, goes over figure and lets you see it in carbonite block
5. clear carbonite top like 1985 POTF figure, goes over figure and has holes around hands and face, with red "heat / melting" effects
6. opaque carbonite top like 1996 figure, seals action figure inside, looks as it did when hanging on Jabba's wall
7. opaque carbonite top like 2006 figure, seals figure inside, but has red heat melting effect
8. Skiff guard force pike
9. Skiff guard blaster
10. Jabba's dungeon handcuff shackles
11. Cloud City arm band shackles
12. extra head with Han's face grimacing in anguish from being frozen
13. sandstorm goggles from deleted scene
If you want to get crazy:
14. softgoods Bespin jacket
15. removeable gun belt with working holster
16. Han's signature blaster pistol
17. oxygen mask
18. welding mask
This is the ultimate Bespin / Carbonite ESB / ROTJ Han Solo figure. I would buy this for the 3 3/4" line.
Tycho... that's kinda unrealistic for a $20.00 figure.