This a line that I would love to see picked up. Here could be the first assortment of figures.
Dark Helmet (Desert gear)
President Screwge (sp?)
Space Ball trooper
The Admiral - can;t remember his name?
jawa like characters
Pizza the Hutt w/ Robotic Goon pack-in
I'd like to see these figures made but I'm not holding my breath.
Same here, but it would be cool. I am trying to customize a series for myself, but it is taking a while.
As a side topic, you can pick of the DVD for $10 at Media Play. Good price for a great movie.
I've never seen the list of character names for this film so badly mangled. ;)
- Lonestar - [font=arial]"Lone Starr"[/font]
- Barth - [font=arial]"Barf the Mog"[/font]
- Dot Matrix
- Dark Helmet
- Dark Helmet (Desert gear) [font=arial](but why?)[/font]
- President Screwge (sp?) - [font=arial]"Skroob"[/font]
- Space Ball trooper - [font=arial]an "a--hole"? I'd want one of those, one with black armor, and one with white armor. [/font];)
- The Admiral - can;t remember his name? - [font=arial]are you thinking of "Colonel Sanders"? He'd be a killer figure to have[/font]
- jawa like characters - [font=arial]The Dinks[/font]
- Pizza the Hutt w/ Robotic Goon pack-in - [font=arial]w/"Vinnie"[/font]
- King Roland
- Prince Valume - [font=arial]"Valium"[/font]
- Winnebego playset
I dunno if I'd buy a King Roland or Prince Valium or that Dark Helmet desert gear, but if the regular Dark Helmet figure had a mask that slid up and came with figures to play with, and there was a "dented" variant figure, I'd buy those!
No need to hurt my feelings. I was actually in a rush. Most I can understand. I have NO idea where Barth came from, trust me i know it's Barf.
With characters like Candyman, Shaft, the Blair Witch, Edward Scissorhands, and Snake Plisskin, McFarlane's obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel for more Movie Maniacs. So why not Dark Helmet--or Beetlejuice, for that matter? You listening, Todd? :)
It almost seems like McFarlane is just filling out his own personal wish list, with little or no concern as to whether these characters actually have a fan following or not.
I would also like to see a cool Rock star series done. I liek the Jim Morrison, that rocks. I would liek to see him do Marilyn Manson, Trent Reznor, Slash, and Axl Rose.
I think someone has already done a Beetlejuice series (or maybe they are coming out soon?). I remember seeing an ad somewhere.
BTW - I think you're right about Todd McFarlane just producing whatever he feels like. I mean, he produced a Janis Joplin figure, right? What made him believe that would sell?