Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NYC finds

Times Square TRU 9/29

Nothing new on the 3 3/4" figure front, but had a bunch of the Republic Gunships at $43.99 each, still had a couple of Lanspeeders, 12" Luke + Tauntauns, the Unleashed figs, and the Action Fleet X-Wing and TIE Advanced.

Still waiting for them to get anything past the Chewie wave...

Hitman

Hitman, what time of the day do you normally go to the Times Square Store?

I usually plan on getting there when they open at 11 on Sunday, but by the time I drag my butt out of bed, I usually don't show up until around 1!

Hitman

anything new out there?

Last new thing that I saw was the Republic Gunship at TRU-Times Square plus a lonely, damaged Lott Dodd @ KB-34th St...neither of which I bought.

I picked up just about everything past Chewy at a KB in Forest Hills, I wound up buying 12 figures, it seems for now Out of the way KB's are the best bet (not 34th).

Hi, I'm a new member, an first of all I'd like to say you a big sorry for my english because I don't speak english very well. Ok, maybe you could help me. On november I will be in Manhattan and I would like you to tell me where could I find action figures (from Episode I, because I haven't completed my collection yet, an sga collection or power of the jedi). I have some directions: toys 'R Us in Times square, in Union Square, KB Toys in Herald Square... is this information correct? Another place in Manhattan? Thank you for your help.

Times Square TRU 10/13

Not much to report... only new thing I saw today was the 12" electronic Jango & Obi-Wan. Passed on those but picked up a 12" Dooku to open. Still have plenty of the Republic Gunships, and exclusive X-Wings, Landspeeders, and 12" Luke + Tauntauns. Nothing new on clearance either. Hoping that news item last week on TRUs clearing out the old stock and bringing in the new between 10/15 & 10/30 turns out to be true...

Ironsaviour - Personally, if I don't buy it at retail, I tend not to buy it at all (occasionally I'll order something through Brian's Toys if I really want it), but the only secondary market place I ever pop into around here is Forbidden Planet on Broadway and 13th Street - their older stuff changes regularly. Can anyone else help Ironsaviour out?

Hitman

Yeah, I think the city is pretty dead for toy finds particularly older stuff, but like Hit man said, Forbidden Planet has a Fair selection of POTJ. Other then that...there is this awful ripoff of a store on 33rd, but I wouldn't send anybody there. I am hitting TRU in the morning so I will post if there is anything interesting.

On another note...Is anyone going to that Masters of the Universe event on Friday? I sure as hell am!

thank you hitman, thank you covergedw for your information. Do you know somwthing new about the tydirium shuttle? Maybe on Christmas?

one more question. Someone told me that trs use to have big discounts on thanksgiving day. But could someone tell me when is eactly? Maybe the day before? Thank you.