Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Can't find the Figures you want? Get a Hot Chick to ask!

Boy have I got a story for you guys.

So, I'm in KB at a huge mall, checking things out. Nothing to good, but the price drop was interesting. Anyway, I walk back to the regular action figure isle just to see all the cool toys. So, there’s a portly 30ish employee who comes back walking really fast and asked this younger guy with spiky hair "Are there any Yoda's back there, it’s for a hot chick!" The youngster replied, "Yea, but I want to give it to her!" So, they go to the back and they both race up to this woman and give her a Yoda. First of all, this woman was about 30 and with her very Italian ("connected") looking husband. Second of all she wasn't a model or anything. She was very nice and good-looking but these guys where acting like they had never seen a woman before.

So, I thought this to be odd and a bit un-nerving. I thought those guys were real dorks, and a bit stupid. But I got to thinking that this was my key to a Yoda. See my fiancé' was looking at some things at JC Penny's. When she was done I told her the story, and I told her to do the same thing. My fiancé' is very good looking, very tall, and very persuasive and I knew she could wrap those punks around her little finger. So, I talked her into doing it. I of course made myself scarce and looked at another store.

Let me say that my fiancé is very informed in Star Wars and in the collecting. She knows as much as anyone when it comes to what is good and what is rare.

She told a good story, and she said she was so good at playing that dumb girl who needed this figure for her little brother.

She started by looking at the figures and looking very confused. The 30ish portly fellow asked if she needed any help. She then in turn asked him if he knew who that little green guy was who fought the old man at the end of the movie. The dude said that he was Yoda. She asked if they had one because her little brother really wanted one. He told her, and mind you he was fumbling with his words the whole time (you know in that dumb flirty way us guys do) that he had one behind the counter and that they were really hard to find. He then went on to say that he knew whom Yoda was because he saw the movie. So, she got a Yoda and gave this guy a thrill for the night. He was so excited to talk to a pretty young girl about Star Wars that he almost wet himself.

So she was very excited about her little escapade. She said it was very fun to do, and we just cracked on that guy and his little sidekick all the way to the car.

My suggestion to you guys is find a hot chick to get your figures. I mean it worked twice in one day. If you don't know a hot chick go to the mall and find one. Ask her to go up to that guy and ask for a Yoda or whatever you need. He'll blush and hot step it to the back. Good luck!
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I agree. I always get my wife to go ask the employees about the newest waves of figures. And it always works...if they actually have the figures I want in stock. But they will always be more than willing to go check for her as opposed to when I go into the store and ask....they simply say something like"yeah, we had those but we already sold them all".

On more than one ocassion I have had an employee working the toy department/store tell me that they did not have what I was looking for; only for them to turn around and go retrieve the same figures from the stockroom and give them to my wife (in each instance, we walked in separately acting as if we did not know eachother and in each instance the store employee waited until I left before going to the back to get the figures for my wife).

So, it seems that most toy store employees (probably an over generalization) have the following priorities when it comes to the hottest new releases:

1. hot chicks have first priority
    2. themselves (they always set a few aside for their "own" collection [i.e., for sale on ebay])
    3. sclapers (with their under the table payoffs)
    4. collectors
    Last edited by keith koth; 06-10-2002 at 11:05 AM.
    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Lol, those are great stories. Next time I'm looking for something I'll send my girlfriend in, although that may be a it of a problem.
    When she sees me spending money on the latest figures, I don't have any excuse later on if I have to tell her I don't have enough money to buy her a blouse or something that she wants. Catch-22
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

this sucks, i don't have a wife or girl, i'm doomed.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

I find this story to be rather easily explainable really, the women in question were probably force sensative and merely employed a simple Jedi mind trick on these happless store clerks. I myself use this most basic of skills whenever shopping for "new wave" figures...

Exactly!

She always waves her hand in front of the employees face and says "these are not the figures your scalper friend is looking for".....those poor weak minded fools don't stand a chance against her powerful Jedi mind tricks.
    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

I didn't know that long legs and ummm........ other nice featurs constituted as a Jedi Mind Trick . Just like any walk of life. Hot chicks get what they want. Glad that mine wants me
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Reminds me of the time I was in TRU.....a young woman with two kids asked if they had McFarlane in the back, and the worker went back and brought out 2 cass. I asked about SW, and the same worker insisted that what was out was it, then brushed me off. Wouldn't have bothered me too much, until I said to the woman "musta' thought I was gonna sell the figures," and the woman said "hah hah...well, we do." Losing out to a parent with kids doesn't hurt - losing out to a scalper (esp one who doesn't fit the usual profile) ticks me off big time.

Next time I go to the mall I will have to ask my friends to check out the Star Wars inventory for me. That's a great idea and thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

What are you going to do if the clerk is gay? Or female? Unless the female is gay.

But I am sure most Star Wars fans have tons of hot chicks laying around willing to do their figure hunting for them.

I always just ask myself, and have no problem getting anything. I am just nice. But if I was in their shoes, I would do it too. It's amazing how people will go out of their way when someone is really sexually attractive or if someone is nice.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"