Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I think the deal behind Arwen's 'expanded' use in the films is at the end of the third book, they kind of have a condensed version of what she and the others were doing during the battles. I believe she led an army from the north and Tolkeins original plan (before he died) was to go back and write supplemental novels like "Arwen's Tale" and stuff. He had this whole history planned out in his mind before he wrote it. That' where his son got the fodder for three more books. Anyway, I think the movie's producers are getting liberal with that paragraph from the last book and turning it into a bigger part in the film.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

The thing that I am guessing is that Peter wanted to give Arwen a little background before the ending just poof and everyone would think who the heck is this chick! But to carry Frodo across the ford insted of himself having to will himself across sucks, but as you have before mentioned hopfully that is going to be changed!
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Frodo never carried himself across the ford. Glorfindel came and picked his scrawny tush out of the water after the Wraiths smashed his sword in two and knocked him down. He passed out and woke up in Rivendell. So they replaced Glorfindel (a minor character) with Arwen (another Minor character who happens to be played by Liv Tyler.)
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

If I was dumped about Ep2 before, I am definitely pumped now after seeing "Breathing!"

I am starting to fear that all these LOTR trailers are giving too much away. There's been what, three of them so far? Two have been for the entire Trilogy however only show scenes from Fellowship as that's the only movie completed. So in essence we've gotten three Fellowship trailers. Does anyone else think this is too much?

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Two have been for the entire Trilogy however only show scenes from Fellowship as that's the only movie completed.
    Actually they pretty much have the entire trilogy completed. They're just releasing them a year apart. It's the same thing they're oding with the Matrix sequels.

Eternal one Glorfindel was behind Frodo with Aragorn and the others on the other side of the ford the Wraiths were between frodo and the group. Frodo was on Glorfindel's horse and fell off after the ford swallows up the wraith's Frodo does get himself across!, but agree with you about Arwen Glorfindel switch in the cartoons they made the Arwen and Legalos switch. Glorfindel just gets no respect!
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Originally posted by master jedi
    Actually they pretty much have the entire trilogy completed. They're just releasing them a year apart. It's the same thing they're oding with the Matrix sequels.
    I knew this, however all of the shot's we've seen in the trailers thus far have been from Fellowship.

Originally posted by bigbarada

I knew this, however all of the shot's we've seen in the trailers thus far have been from Fellowship.
    I know. It just wouldn't make sense if they put scenes from the other movies into the trailer for the first one and they're released a year apart.

Actually, they show a shot of mount Doom in one (or maybe both) of the trailers, but they never actually get within view of the mountain until the beginning of the 3rd book, so they may be showing a little beyond "Fellowship".

After seeing the teasers for Ep.2, I'm getting pretty excited for Star Wars again. The "Breathing" trailer was ok, but the "Mystery" trailer was awesome.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Hello boys I think there is going to be alot of shots of Mt. Doom and Gollum and such while Gandalf is telling Frodo the story of the ring. In A couple of the trailers I have seen Sauron himself with the ring on with A huge army of orcs. This can only be from A flashback because Sauron doesn't ever have the ring in the books, except in the stories of Gandalf. Only about a month left can't wait I haven't been able to see any trailers, but as Thomas said I too am also getting pumped once again for Epi. II and I am glad for it! I was having an out of body experince not being excited about something Star Wars.

,but never the less bring on the ring!