Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    LotR looks very cool and it would be an added bonus to have a AotC Trailer with but that probably won't happen, too very bad...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I think the trailers might be "giving to much away" because you've read the books and recognize all the scenes. I say it's a credit to PJ and co. that they've recreated Middle Earth so faithfully that when you see a split second of it on screen you recognize the locale and that part of the book. I love the shot of the mountain pass in the snowstorm. And the hobbit town looks just like I imagined it would be. This movie is gonna rule.

Originally posted by Sith Worm
    In A couple of the trailers I have seen Sauron himself with the ring on with A huge army of orcs. This can only be from A flashback because Sauron doesn't ever have the ring in the books, except in the stories of Gandalf.
    I also noticed Sauron in the trailer and came to that same conclusion, but it looks to me like the director screwed up big-time there. If Sauron was wearing the ring, why was he visible?
    Last edited by ThomasLane; 11-11-2001 at 06:28 PM.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
    LotR looks very cool and it would be an added bonus to have a AotC Trailer with but that probably won't happen, too very bad...
    I heard (rumor) that there was going to be a new Ep.2 trailer for LotR. I guess time will tell. I don't think people will be walking out after the trailer though. It's nice to see them hooking the trailers up with good movies.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Thomas in reading the Silmarillion (Tolkien's book that sets up all of middle earth, and A great read to boot!) you learn that Sauron doesn't vanish when wearing the ring. As to you Rollo these movies will rule indeed in all the trailers I can pick out the actually scenes from the books even the quick shot of Balrog's leg when he is setting his foot down only those that know what to look for know of what I am speeking of! The bad part is to see the parts where they are adding stuff like the before mentioned Arwen in the flight to the ford, but I think fans will learn to live with these changes due to the coolness of the flicks! As for Epi.II trailer before the movie, my two favorite things combined...
    ...have I died and gone to heaven?
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Originally posted by Jedi Clint
    Do you consider officially released information to be spoiler info, or just anything beyond that?
    I don't consider the trailers spoilers, but a lot of the other stuff on starwars.com is. They need to learn some discretion. I used to go there daily, and I haven't been there for months (aside from my downloading "Mystery" and "Choices") because they like to give too much away.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    And now we've got Ben Affleck miscast in Daredevil
    Please tell me you're joking. What's next, Dennis Miller as Kingpin?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by Sith Worm
    Thomas in reading the Silmarillion (Tolkien's book that sets up all of middle earth, and A great read to boot!) you learn that Sauron doesn't vanish when wearing the ring.
    Thanks for the tip. I actually have that book, but I've never read it. I guess it's time I finally picked it up.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Thomas you may find at first that the slim is slow starting and not as goog without the Hobbits, but still A good read!
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

36 days away can't wait for this bad bad boy!

Forgive me for my stupidity, I sall the breathing trailer last night and pumped is an understatement the love and excitment is back I should have never thought other wise what ever the name or who is in it this is still Star Wars and is going to be fantastic sorry LOTR Star Wars is still the best bring on the sabers...