Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    It's Okay Sith Worm, we sympathize. This IS a Star Wars Fansite after all....

Thank you for your forgivness Rollo I don't know what came over me...
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Im looking forward to LoTR more because its coming out sooner. Not to mention these were the first books I ever read and enjoyed. I didn't get into SW until a little while after. So for me, I'm more interested in LoTR right now.

I don't like that they added in a lot more Arwen scenes, but I guess they did that because without her, and a few minor characters like the elf queen, there are no female characters in the book. So they had to make some effort, but other than that, its all good.

Did Ben Affleck really get cast as DD?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Wolf whom is DD?
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Ben Affleck is indeed Daredevil. And their filming it in Los Angeles. What the...?!? With it already having two strikes against it, you wonder why they are bothering to shoot it at all. When this film tanks (and tank it will) everyone will wonder why such a viable property didn't do any business at the box office. Well, it's because the fim makers didn't respect the source material that made them interested in the project to begin with. Both Hulk and Daredevil have hit the turd pile already and only Iron Man is left, but i'm sure they'll ruin that one, too...

oh.. Daredevil I thought we where still talking about LOTRs Rollo why are you so down about this i heard all good about it. Do you know something I am missing explain if you will...

Well, they were looking for someone to play ol' Matt Murdock and went thru about every young Hollywood actor you could think of. Ben Affleck said he really wanted to play the role because his good buddy Kevin Smith was writing it at the time. he wanted to do a "Super hero" movie. Well, did the producers jump up and down with joy? No. They tried everything possible to get someone else for the role. Vin Diesel and Edward Norton were two of several intriguing possibilities. Remember, you're not casting a guy in tights. You are casting a blind, orphan, who grows up to be a lawyer. That is a hella interesting character drama without the red tights. The producers didn't think Affleck was right for the part, but since everyone else turned them down (read:weak script/no spcript) they settled on a "name" actor that they didn't feel was right for the part in order to have some semblance of a marketing campaign for a relatively unknown super-hero flick. (Go ahead, ask anyone who DareDevil: The man without fear is. You may have to prod them along...Blind guy? Fights crime? Wears a red suit? None of this ringing a bell? No?) Ben Affleck is entirely miscast and they should have gone with an unknown than Benny. Secondly, since Ben has come on board, he insisted they change the setting to Los Angeles so he doesn't have to move to New York to shoot the film. Pardon me, Mr Academy Award winner Affleck, but Hell's Kitchen is one of the main characters that makes the Daredevil story so great. Apparently, the people who decide which comic movies to do only look at the sales for the books and then they look at the covers. "ooh! A bright red costume. let's make THAT one into a movie. What? Sure Ben, we can set it in Los Angeles so you can still go to rehab. The fans won't mind." Don't get me wrong. I am honestly hoping for the best because DareDevil rocks and if I was going to make a comic book movie, I would choose DareDevil and Iron Man over Spiderman and X-men because they have really rich back stories, but in my opinion, this thing has been mismanaged from the get go in order to pump out another comic film and the in the long run it will suffer and ruin possibly a great franchise and that peeves me to no end....

Undrestand now, this sucks hard! Edward would have been A good choice. You seem to be in to comics alot to have such strong feelings of discust for Benny boy I can't picture him at all in the suit and don't want to. I never read much DD, but had A million Spideys I can't wait Jon is going to be A killer Goblin slash Osborn. I thought comic movies were going some were good ,but with this news it looks like there is no hope...

LA, ubelievable.

I always thought that DD would transfer relatively easily to the big screen, but oh well. I think another reason Afleck got the part was because of his connection to Kevin Smith, who revived the book in 98'. Even in the TPB of Smith's run, Ben Affleck gives the forward.

I also too am a little disappointed with the Spidey books. The only one I read now is Amazing, mostly because of JMS's writing. His opening story arch was a bit lagging in the end, but other than that, it was good.

Jon is going to be A killer Goblin slash Osborn
    I'm not sure what you meant by this, but Willam DaFoe is playing Osborn/G.G.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I think Ben Affleck is a fine (well...decent) actor. I just think he's wrong for the part of Matt Murdock. In my mind, it will be Ben Affleck is Daredevil!, Not Matt Murdock is Daredevil. Benny just kind of overshadows the whole thing with his image as a Hollywood statusmonger. Somebody like Norton or even an unknown could slip into that role the way Affleck can't and make you believe you are watching Matt Murdock.

And Jon Malkovich dropped out of the Green Goblin role a loooooong time ago SithWorm, a long time ago...