View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Phantom Menace

3 13.64%
  • Return of the Jedi

19 86.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ANH was picked as the 3rd Favorite, so which is better? TPM or ROTJ?

You guys asked for it. Here is the final run-off to rank your favorite Star Wars movies.

The Empire Strikes Back won the #1 spot as chosen by the most voters.

Coming in second in that poll, as well as on its own without ESB to challenge it, Attack of the Clones won the next spot.

A New Hope was given a run for its money while ESB was still in the mix, almost tying with ROTJ, but once on its own, while it could not beat AOTC, it did pound ROTJ.

Now we're ready to let the final round rank them where they fall.

It's Return of the Jedi versus The Phantom Menace.

Which will it be?

Ewoks or Gungans?

Dark Side Lightning or a 3-way Lightsaber Duel?

The Ending or the very Beginning?

You can decide now!

Here's your poll:
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Jonna
    That is a tough one. I would acctually have to say that Jar Jar was more annoying than the Ewoks but he had less screne time. So.......TPM because of the final light saber battle.

hmm.

The first half of ROTJ was nothing more than an extended Expanded Universe tale which took away an hour of screen time from the bigger story of galactic upheaval. However, once back on track, the final massive space battle helped make up for it. The clincher is the moment of Vader's consideration as he watches the Emperor fry Luke. Somehow, even with a mask on, that character's angst comes through perfectly. This film capped off a saga which focused on a galaxy in turmoil very well, with the primary celebration in the least likely place in the Universe, with the smallest and most unlikely allies. The SIDE stories of Anakin's redemption, Han and Leia's love story, and Luke's reuniting with his father/family all are wrapped up quite well.

TPM suffers from a) numerous conflicts with the OT, b) extremely poor pacing throughout, and c) highly contrived situations and dialogue designed more for superficial dramatic intent rather than good storytelling. It had going for it the first really interesting (physically) lightsaber battle we've seen and the always nice production design we've come to expect from a Star Wars film.

I know I've spent a long time explaining why ROTJ is my least favorite of the films; but watching it this weekend again helped me to remember why it was my favorite when I was a kid. Sure there are plenty of things that ticked me off; but what I did like outweighs what I didn't.

TPM was a good film and I like it; but I am feeling kind of indifferent to it right now. It's just kind of there and sparks no reaction from me whatsoever right now.

So I will go against my previous rankings and pick ROTJ over TPM.

Over the past 8 months or so, I've started to like TPM a little better. I think the 3-way saber battle with Darth Maul was one of the best fights in the Star Wars Movies so far.

For me, ROTJ is tied for 3rd with ATOC. I liked the begining of the movie. It showed that there were still places that the Empire and Rebel Alliance had little influence over.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I like ROTJ better than TPM cause even though the Ewoks were a little annoying, Jar Jar was ten times more annoying, ROTJ had a better story with lots more action than TPM. TPM I actually liked, but with it's poor story and overall bad plot with lots of key elements left out; I just could not rate this better than ROTJ. The only part of TPM I can watch over and over again is the lightsaber duel during the last 20 minutes of the film. It's the only thing that really saved the film for me. I just found that TPM appeared to be very rushed and that things were hard to understand and why they were done in the film at all.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

ROTJ by far, the 2nd best SW film after AOTC.

This was a tough choice for me as well, but ultimately, "The End" is the one I'm going with simply because it has characters I enjoy watching more and an impressive meeting between the Dark Side and the Light.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ROTJ for me!

Luke and his father is a great storyline, the Emperor is a delight, Lando is still with the group . . . anyway - back to Luke. I really like the maturity of the character, it's always been my favorite "movie Luke". His vulnerability in ESB is the part of the character that I can relate to the most, but there's a part of me that loves the "security" that ROTJ Luke offers. Nice job Mark Hamill! :happy:

Ewoks are cool.

I'll agree with what Caesar just said. Nicely put!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.