Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Babylon 5: 1st Season DVD Box Set Confirmed for Fall!!

I know there is a strong following from quite a few people here, of the Babylon 5 series. And alot of people mentioning, they wished the series was out on DVD. Well, good news guys, J. Michael Straczynski stepped forward to confirm that Warner Bros. and himself are currently working on Season 1, for release this fall. Here is the info from TheDigitalbits.

Good news today for you Babylon 5 fans. News that the series was in production for DVD leaked via the rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated newsgroup group, so creator/executive producer J. Michael Straczynski this weekend confirmed that Warner and company are working on the first season of the TV series for DVD release this fall. Here's a quote:

"Season One will be out in a boxed set this Fall, and they're going to be including at minimum two commentaries from me, probably on Signs and Portents and Chrysalis (it's a matter of how much time and energy I can give to it given that there's no fees involved and I'm in the midst of Jeremiah), and if possible, Babylon Squared, maybe Sky Full of Stars. They'd also like to film an on-camera intro by me (but I guess folks will buy it anyway, even with that particular horror included). They're pulling together a lot of stuff on this release so that there are plenty of extras this time around, now that the value of the DVDs has been shown by the first release."

Should be very cool indeed. We'll have to wait for Warner's official announcement for the complete details. I might not have cared for Harry Potter, but I have to give Warner a LOT of credit - they've got some great stuff in the works these days. Thanks to Bits reader Geruk G. for the heads up.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Babylon 5: 1st Season DVD Box Set Confirmed for Fall!!

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I know there is a strong following from quite a few people here, of the Babylon 5 series. And alot of people mentioning, they wished the series was out on DVD. Well, good news guys, J. Michael Straczynski stepped forward to confirm that Warner Bros. and himself are currently working on Season 1, for release this fall.
    Great news! I'm a huge B5 fan so this is a wonderful thing to hear! I know MJS has been saying for a year or so that if there was enough public demand he would try to get a really good DVD release done. I guess he was able to convince Warner Brothers

Lets just all cross our fingers that it doesn't get cancelled or put on hold before the release date. That's happened to lots of DVD sets like this, usually the ones I'm really looking forward to.

The only thing I don't like about releasing TV shows a season at a time is that obviously the seasons are released in order. The problem is that with almost every single show ever made, the first season is one of the weakest. The cast and crew are just starting to get into their characters and the writing isn't as good as it becomes later.

There isn't really any way around this, but I had to wait 1 1/2 years for the good X-Files Boxed Sets to come out, and I'm stll waiting on the good Star Trek TNG seasons (only Seasons 1 & 2 so far)

Still, Babylon 5 was pretty good throughout all of its seasons, so I'm still looking forward to this one.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Actually, what convinced WB's, was the fantastic sales of the 2 movies that they released as a test. Thankfully they did well at retail, so the season sets went into production. Same thing happened with the mini-series V. WB's released the first mini-series to massive sales, and now are releasing the second mini-series, "V: The Final Battle" this fall. Hopefully the TV series isn't to far behind as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Actually, what convinced WB's, was the fantastic sales of the 2 movies that they released as a test. Thankfully they did well at retail, so the season sets went into production.
    That's really great to hear, because that's one of the reasons I bought that first disc. When that one was released I remember reading an interview with MJS about it and he said that basically if it sold well, then they would be able to do the whole series. The DVD site I read the interview on was actually encouraging readers to buy the DVD even though it had absolutely NO special Features, just so that we could support the release of the series. I'm glad to hear it worked!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gasp* WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Funny, I just made a post about wishing for this less than 24 hours ago!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Good Caeser! Season 1 is good. Season 2 and 3 are great. Season 4 is INSANELY FREAKING AWESOME! And season 5 is good.

"Roger Nasty Butler!"

Very cool! I just checked this out on the Lurker's Guide, where it also says that JMS's new series Jeremiah premiered 3 months ago... where the heck was I?!? (oh yeah, no Showtime, but still, nobody has said word-one about this yet)

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/lurker.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Main reason for me is that I don't have Showtime.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

JediTricks - Jeremiah was created by MJS? Man I'm in the same boat as you. I've heard the name but I haven't seen anything about the show itself. I'll have to check it out at my friends house (they have a satellite dish)