Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Beware! AF Custom Pirates! Ebay!

Seems to me this is something that will be getting out hand. An easy action fleet custom being auctioned off at over exuberant prices. No one to stop the mayhem. The fabled Tie Stinger has made its debut on ebay, at list price of about $50. for a $5. action fleet Vader Tie. As a collector and action fleet customizer this makes me sick. The Tie Stinger,..... a vader tie with reversed dremeled out wings, its a five minute conversion, and doesn't resemble the tie stinger design in the first place.

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1739999266

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1739046759
    Last edited by Sakay; 06-10-2002 at 03:40 PM.

Earlier Pirate Test Out the Water!

Here is an earlier custom, named the Tie Infiltraitor, hmm is it Stinger or Infiltraitor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1739046759

It has come to my attention, after taking time to review what I've posted that I have probably advanced this sellers agenda instead of crippling it. So, after carefull review, I have written each person that made a bid and told them, I will make them the same custom at no profit to myself. They can supply me or I can supply one Vader Tie Action Fleet and will fashion them this so called Tie Stinger, or Tie Infiltraitor at a minimal cost of the Tie Vader Action Fleet and shipping.
    Last edited by Sakay; 06-10-2002 at 05:56 PM.

I know it's a easy custome, but I disagree with you in hurtting this guys sales. He not hurting you and the people who are buying it, aren't talented enough to do such a custome. I think it's nice that you are willing to make a custome for these people at a low cost, still why are you so angry at this man for selling his. Easy to do or not it's still something you cannot get at the store and not everyone can do.

I am sorry, but I just can't agree with you on this one. No hard feelings though
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I appreciate your point of view. My concern is that the buyer should be aware of the true value of the custom. I am a dedicated Action Fleet Customizer that likes to promote my hobby because of the inexpense and ease of adding a newly created one of a kind piece, that uniquely adds to ones collection. I only wish to inform others that may not have the money or know how that there is another way of obtaining this item without cheating them out of thier hard earned money. The way I see it, theres nothing thing wrong with informing fellow collectors. Thanks again, I appreciate your point of view. In the long run I hope to only promote Action Fleet and share the hobby that brings me and other so much pleasure.
    Last edited by Sakay; 06-11-2002 at 02:51 PM.

I agree that the price is a bit much. Way more than I would spend. Of course, they do look kinda cool, and I myself don't own or know how to use a dremel. I say if this guy can make and sell these things, good for him.
    But I think Sakay has a good point about the value of such customs. I think it's awesome that he's offering to make these for free. I think this kind of generosity is more along the lines of what I'd like to see among the SWAF collectors' community. While it may not be entirely fair to steal someone's customers, (who knows, maybe customizing is this guy's source of income?) I think the collecting community in the long run will benefit more from sharing ideas, skills and news.
    I would encourage anyone who was thinking of bidding on these expensive customs to spend a little time on this excellent web-forum first and chat with other dedicated collectors and enthusiasts first.

I see eye to eye with both of you. I do agree with what you saySakay. I think it is better to inform rather than bash. I see it much more clear now. Thanks for your time and efforts in portecting the uninformed Keep it up!
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Thanks, Like I said, I hope the seller does well, but for the individuals that this is their first experience ever with the likes of SWAF Customizing, Welcome to SSG! Everyone is very helpful and ready to give a hand!

Surely someone will buy the SWAF Customs at exuberant prices, and the price won't hurt their pocket book, but for the ones that made the bid and couldn't afford it, I'm only too glad to help!

Sakay, I'd appreciate any customs you can do for me. I'd love to have any customs possible but am sure I wouldn't be able to do them myself and I never wanted to spend the amounts that they usually bring in on ebay. I have some extra AFs that can be used to customize, but I'd like to pay extra for your time. Offering to do it for free is great, but that also takes time away from doing your own or anything else you could be doing. LMK.

Later,
    S43