Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    You know the last parking spot furthest from here? Well I'm one spot beyond that!

Disappointed at Wal Mart

Yesterday my wife was shopping at Walmart and came across a Han Solo Endor Raid figure...there were also Jango, Final Battle, Mace Windu with Anurism, Vader, and Luke...but every one of the cards were destroyed...As I was talking to her on the phone, I said just buy Han Solo (he was the last one there) and I was planning to open that figure anyway...they were located away from the regular section, since they were not in good condition.

When I got the figure, the product was fine but the card looked like someone had stepped on it. I decided to take it back to Walmart to get some answers. I spoke with an Assistant Manager and asked if he believed that collectors/scalpers would have done this. (And the truth is more shocking than my first impression) I went on to tell him that I have read that in many stores across the country scalpers will buy what they can and destroy the collectability of the remaining stock and I suspected that this was the case.

Now the real story. He assured me that the figures were not damaged by customers (I was shocked that he would stick up for the scalpers). He told me that they arrived that way. He said that their shipments arrive loose in the carton, meaning that they do not arrive on a palate. The carton could have been stacked at the bottom of a carton of bleach or other heavy item and that the weight would crush the Star Wars Carton. At first I thought this was a crock...then I went back to the toy department to investigate...sure enough, every figure in the section (20 or so) were damaged in the same manner. The Card appeared to be crushed from the side...only the pressure of the air in side the bubble must have supported what ever was stacked above...

So I am disappointed that Walmart would not only accept the product in this destroyed, clearly discount worthy condition. But overall pleased that I found Han Solo...but the Han Figure...well I have to say sucks with the crooked neck and all...but that is another story....

That's pretty poor shipping. It must've been idiots who packed that cause it's always seemed like the smaller less heavy stuff goes on top for shipping to places, never seen or heard of it done differently.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The entire Saga line isn't shipping well at all in comparisons to the smaller blister packaging of POTJ and previous lines. I ordered a sealed case from Action Figure Express a month ago, and when it arrived, all of the cards were bent to some degree. It kind of ****$ed me off. Either the employees packaging these suckers should be a tad more gentle, or better packing material is needed. (Although, my personal preference would be to return to the 'old style' of packaging. Somehow it seems a bit less like Star Wars without the tiny blister on a big card.)

You know the last parking spot furthest from here? Well I'm one spot beyond that!
    Originally posted by sideswipe1984
    The entire Saga line isn't shipping well at all in comparisons to the smaller blister packaging of POTJ and previous lines. I ordered a sealed case from Action Figure Express a month ago, and when it arrived, all of the cards were bent to some degree. It kind of ****$ed me off. Either the employees packaging these suckers should be a tad more gentle, or better packing material is needed. (Although, my personal preference would be to return to the 'old style' of packaging. Somehow it seems a bit less like Star Wars without the tiny blister on a big card.)
    I agree...I store my collection in Banana boxes...they are super strong and protect the figures well...but the new packaging is so big that I can't fit as many in the boxes...The cards are more flimsy too...

But the fact remains, every saga figure I have came from a Walmart, Target, KBstore, TRU and each card is Perfect...so they can do it right when they try!

Walmart hasnt been very good lately over here either.

Well, I've never encountered a problem with damaged cards, so I must consider myself to be lucky. But lucky or not, I still haven't found Luke and Vader to my dismay.....

Speaking of good places, I've mostly been finding my figs at KB Toys and Walmarts. TRU and K Mart just never seem to have stuff.
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

It's not just WM around here, all the stores are opening Saga cases to find smashed up cards and bubbles, the new packaging is more fragile AND has a larger bubble, so everything's crammed in worse than ever.

To be honest though, the good figures are selling around here anyway, I only WISH that I could come across a bubble-mashed Obi-Wan Pilot, Han Endor, Chewie Cloud City, Endor Reb Trooper, etc., etc..
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've had a couple problems with cards, but i open them any ways so it dosn't matter, but i know what it must feel like.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

Yup i get figures from the box, like the jango with blue visor i have, and its box was dammaged.
    What!?

Ever notice how I always reply to a WM thread .

Anywho, he's the low down. WM has idiots stacking their truck! Yes, I know its a shock but its true. In order to get as much new merchandise to the stores, rarely do they use pallets to pack the truck. No, they stack it from floor to ceiling. So after many, many miles of travel to the store, some of it falls onto other parts, damaging them. Most times, if they take a photo of it b/4 it gets off the truck, and contacts the warehouse, they can have it sent back. And sometimes there are problems.

Case in point, during the 4/23 shipments that we got, 2 cases were crushed. Half the figs in the cases could be resold. There was only little damage to the bubble. The other half was not sellable. So I took them to our claims dept. They informed me that Hasbro would not take anything back if there was no photo record of the damage before it came off the truck. Also, we had to have at least 10 cases to send them at a worth of $300 in cost! So that is why you may find some stores with damaged figures. We cannot send them back, nor get credit for it, so we need to sell it.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"