Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face thoughts on the Commtech Stormtrooper

I'm somewhat disappointed in this figure......

I've heard nothing but good things about it, but it seems to me, that there are still some problems with it....

first, the posability......now you purists are gonna say "WHAT!?!?"

but, hear me out first.....

when I heard about a multiposable stormtrooper, I was elated.....

I was hoping it could do ANYTHING I wanted it to do......however, with the limited range of posability it DOES have, it can't do much

to be honest, except for the shoulder articulation, I think my red Clonetrooper is a better figure......

let's do a breakdown:

Commtrooper: Balljointed neck, balljointed shoulders, swivel elbows, swivel waist, swivel hips, hinge knees.....

Clonetrooper: Swivel neck, swivel shoulders, swivel elbows, swivel wrists, swivel waist, swivel hips, swivel knees, hinge knees......

if the clonetrooper had had ankle articulation, it would be the best army builder ever made......

the commtrooper can't even hold a gun worth squat........the only thing it does have going for it (Besides the balljointed shoulders) is the accuracy of the sculpt......

sure the figure LOOKS nice, but so does the POTJ Sandtrooper......and I think I like it more too.......
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

I just got mine today in the mail and opened it. Very nice looking on my shelf. But your right it can't hold the gun it comes with. it should have also included a small gun. But i can't complain cause he looks great.
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

Compairring the CT Stormie to the Cloney is not very fair. The Cloney is an improvement on the CT Stormie. They saw what they did on that and tried to improve on it. As far as 3 3/4" figures go, both are as articulated as they come. No other action figure that size can compete. There is only so much you can do with 3 3/4" of plastic.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I still prefer the Commtech Stormie over the Clone Trooper. Though the latter may have more articulation, it lacks a ball-jointed neck, and can only be posed in an action stance.
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

IMO, the red clone trooper has terrible articulation at the shoulders, neck, and especially hips. That hip articulation is RIDICULOUSLY limited. I think the CTC Stormtrooper could use the Red Clone's articulated wrists and maybe the rotating knees.

Without wrist articulation, I think the CTC stormtrooper is left somewhat weakend, but he's way better in my book than Red Clone.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't have the red clonetrooper yet so I can't comment on him
    but you're right about the posability of the stormie, he can't hold a gun or rifle properly (at least not in a shooting pose) but the knee articulation can get him to stand in a bit more "walking" pose
    the balljointed neck is a great addition to the figure but some wrist-joints would've been nice too

I think both figures have their pros and cons. Ultimately neither are perfect, but both are amongst the best of the modern era. If you are waiting for a figure without any issues....you may be waiting a while.

I'm not saying I hate the figure, but the anticipation and hype surrounding it made me kinda disappointed.....

the sculpt is perfect however, and it is a great Army Builder......

I even like the blast mark......rub him with an ice cube, do the patented Stormie Scream and have loads of dead Stormie fun!!!
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

The CT Stormie is an ~awesome~ figure. But even the best figures have at least one small "flaw". For instance, the CTS has bendable knees, and yet he can't kneel.

It's kinda like Jedi figures who have swivel elbows and ~still~ can't hold their lightsabres with two hands (like the AOTC Saesee Tinn and Plo Koon).

Yeah, I totally forgot about that! They should be able to kneel. What a weird thing that they would design a "super articulated" figure and miss such common things as articulated wrists and knees that go far back enough to allow kneeling poses.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.