Thread: Downsizing

Thumbs down Downsizing

GNT's threads on pegwarmers in the various toy sections above has me wondering:

How much downsizing of SW product area has occurred in the local stores you frequent?

In my area, TRU has only 4 pegs dedicated to POTJ figures. Target has about 6 pegs for POTJ. WalMar about the same as Target. KayBee has 2 pegs! It's so bad that if you blink as you walk by, you'll miss what's there.

It's a drought here. How about you?
    Last edited by TeeEye7; 09-24-2001 at 08:18 AM.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Targets usually have many empty SW pegs, TRU has like 2 or 3, almost all close-out, and Wal-mart is pretty well-stocked... IF you can find the dang figures!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Unless the WM near me has moved their SW figs to the tire center, they've got no SW whatsoever. Target has about 6 pegs of army-builder wave. KB has lots of Chocobi-Wan-Kenobi, Oldi-Wan-Kenobi, break-apart Maul, and Mech-Ani-ch. TRU has about 8 pegs of the Aurra Sing wave and only 2 or 3 pegs of Mon Mothma left. K-Mart has lots of army builders. I wouldn't say it's been a drought here, since most of the stores have non-peg warmers, but it's tough finding anything new.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Exclamation

Local Targets have about 8 pegs. Can't complain there except for the fact they haven't had anything worth buying in the last couple of months.

K-mart: 6 pegs. Not fully stocked, but found a lot of HTF stuff there.

Wal-Mart: The one in my hometown went from 8 to 4 pegs, and now its down to 1 and there are just three Bespin Escape Leias left The other Wal-Mart stores in the area have about 6.

TRU: 3 pegs, but only 2 ever seem to be filled. Once all the Ep1 clears I am sure there will be more.

KB: Had about 4 pegs until it got rid of the Ketwol wave. It has since expanded to 8 ever since they got the Dagobah Vader for $2.99.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

My TRU has at least at least 20 pegs full of POTJ figures (first wave etc)

Kmart has about 20 pegs full of figures

Big W has 1 row of figures (about 3 figures in total)
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious