Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben

Ben

I don't think its been mentioned yet but will Obi-Wan get the nick name or whatever Ben in episode 3? It hasn't been mentioned in ep1/2 yet so does it have to do with the clone wars or something?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Maybe it's a call sighn leader, or for secret mission a code name.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

"I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since, oh before you were born..."

It's a good bet he'll adopt the name before the end of the movie. Another wrinkle that may give ground to the theory of the Jedi having to go underground.
    MTFBWY, FMTPO!!!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Hey! I just had an epiphany! During Obi-Wan and Vaders first confrontation (after Anakin is turned to Vader) Obi Wan sees what Anakin has become. he pleads with him...

OB1: Anakin..I can feel the good in you...
    Vader: That name no longer has any meaning for me.
    OB1: What do you intend to do to me?
    (Vader pauses)
    OB1: I can feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hatred. Please.
    Vader: You do not know the power of the dark side. Obi Wan Kenobi dies this day. My master has forseen it. (There is a long pause, then he points to the ship Obi Wan was trying to escape in)Go. I am sparing your life. Go. Go and don't come back.

After that, Obi Wan Kenobi ceases to exist "from a certain point of view..." (Okay so the dialogue was spotty, but you get the picture...)
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I think he takes the name Ben because in the next movie we will see the great Jedi Purge. They will be hunted down and hated. He has left the order, never achieving Jedi Master.
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

It is hard to tell since we do not even know what point in the story will be the episode and what important ground GL decides to cover.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I think its just a name he takes on when he goes in to hiding.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Lucas/McCallum said Obi-Wan fans (like me!) will be most pleased with some of the things Kenobi does in Ep3.

Maybe he'll build his ANH saber and actually not lose it until ANH.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think it is just a moniker that he adopts when he moves to Tatooine, just keep Luke unawares. Couldnt tell you know.....will just have to be a suprise for me
    "Who's the jedi that get's all the chicks??...................MACE!!...............Ya Dammmmn Right!"