Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Something Funny!

I broke out my Toyfare Magazine form Dec 2000 for the artical on SSG ia posted over in General. Anywho, I stared to go through the articals again, for ole tymes sake. Anywho, I found an artical called "War Games: Hasbro vows that Star Wars is alive and well". Toyfare posed a question to Hasbro:

Q - How will the Episode II line be handled differently from the Episode I line?

A - Expect a far more conservative number of Episode figures, primarily because of the mountain of leftover Episode I stuff that prevented the release of new Star Wars merchandise. Expect the Episode II roll-out to begin with at least one "sneak peek" figure.

Wha, Wha?!?!?!?! "Conservitave number"????? I'd hate to see what they think is a mountain of stuff then. Did Hasbro clock its head on something and "forget" that part?? Or did the marketing team get fired and replaced by ex-Barbie collectors?? Man, someone is smoking something at Hasbro.

BTW, another question was posed about the R2 w/holo Leia:

Q - What about R2-D2 with Holographic Princess Leia?

A - Hasbro is looking into ways to get more of this extremely rare figure out to the puplic, possibly through the Star Wars Fan Club.

*singsong* Still smoking
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Conservitave number my @$$!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

They were blow'n smoke out there @$$
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

Actually, if you re-read it, it doesn't say that there will be less figures from the Episode II line in 2 years. It says..."Expect a far more conservative number of Episode figures"... which can mean that the figures won't be overproduced, like they were to meet demand and anticipation in 1999. So what they told you is true, from a certain point of view.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Something Funny!

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
    [B]Expect the Episode II roll-out to begin with at least one "sneak peek" figure.
    Or 4 preview figures with one being where if you blink during the movie then you miss the peek of it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Exactly, they were right - there was one sneak peak figure, as the Lieutenant points out . . . Zam, Clonie and Jangers weren't "sneak" peeks at all!

Wow, Hasbro blowing smoke? NEVER! Hasbro being two-faced in print? The deuce you say!
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&threadid=9263
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, JT being critical of Hasbo? NEVER!
    None of that is two-faced or blowing smoke, they did cut the production number of amount of each figure made this year. Just because they are making more figures this year, then ever before, doesn't mean that they have increased production numbers. What's better, 1 million Darth Mauls, or 500,000 Dooku's and 500,000 Yoda's. Not that those are actual production numbers.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Re: Something Funny!

Originally posted by LTBasker

Or 4 preview figures with one being where if you blink during the movie then you miss the peek of it.
    Actually I taped my eye-lids open and I STILL couldn't spot that pesky astromech...
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Re: Re: Re: Something Funny!

Originally posted by pthfnder89

Actually I taped my eye-lids open and I STILL couldn't spot that pesky astromech...
    I could have sworn I saw him on the landing platform at the beginning, or was that not him at all but my imagination.
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.