Hybrid View

Tie bomber exclusive figure

I'm looking forward to purchasing the Tie-Bomber. Will the exclusive pilot figure be the same from the Tie-Interceptor? Honestly I always liked the Tie-Bomber & I just collect the villians (Imperial/Empire figures). Any info would be appreciated, thank you for reading.

From what I've seen the "unique" Pilot figure will be the same waste of plastic as the one who came with the Interceptor. What's so hard about resculpting this guy to look, I don't know, not so much like a POTF2 figure?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I have always thought that the tie pilot figure was and is a really good sculpt. The only thing that kinda makes it look POTF2 is the overly dynamic leg pose...

I've heard a lot of folks say he is out of scale and I just don't see it...

I was really looking foward to the new leg sculpts to give the pilot a normal stance, but when I took mine out of the box and the rubber band thingee off his head, the neck pin is too long and thin; I thought the figure's head was going to pop right off - also, my figure has two of the same feet on BOTH legs...lucky me ( I put this loser right back in the box after seeing that)

I wish they'd sculpt the extra air hose that was on the ANH TIE pilot suits. Its supposed to be on the pilot's side connecting to the back somehow.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by Amanamatt
    I have always thought that the tie pilot figure was and is a really good sculpt. The only thing that kinda makes it look POTF2 is the overly dynamic leg pose...

I've heard a lot of folks say he is out of scale and I just don't see it...
    I think the TIE pilots are supposed to be a little on the short side. I remember First Edition of the RPG listed them on the average of 5'6" probably because the TIE cockpits aren't the roomiest of places. (remember Vader's was specially designed, and Han Solo being a former TIE pilot is EU)
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

without a doubt, tie bomber pilot will be exactly like the one they put out fo Interceptor. But its OK, I'll still buy ths set just because the Tie Bomber is first release. Can't wait for it to come.... anybody here know the street release date?

Thumbs up

i believe they are the same, thats why i am not upset about skipping the interceptor. I will be buying the bomber.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

What's the price on these puppies? I hope it's less than the TIE/I. That POC is definitely not worth the $30 price tag.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Arrow

Originally posted by humsup
    without a doubt, tie bomber pilot will be exactly like the one they put out fo Interceptor. But its OK, I'll still buy ths set just because the Tie Bomber is first release. Can't wait for it to come.... anybody here know the street release date?
    I think they were pushed back until the first quarter of 2002
    "Marge! Is there another Man in the house!? A [COLOR=darkblue]Radioactive[/COLOR] Man!?"

Question

The films never show a Tie Bomber Pilot...as it never shows a Tie interceptor pilot also, so its a safe bet to assume that the pilots will be the same. But it would have been cool, if the pilots would have been really unique, not our normal tie fighter pilots...
    As always...........L