Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Talking Could Enterprise look any lamer?

I saw some ads for Enterprise this week, and it just looks wrong! I see what JT was talking about. Aside from just looking "not-Trekkie," one commercial had a pop-rock soundtrack.

Worst (for me, at least), one commercial had blank screens with just a couple of words on each: "Every Saga", "Every Generation", and "Every Journey." They seemed too familiar for some reason I couldn't put my finger on.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What's the deal with the spandex wearing Vulcan? I thought they were supposed to be a more reserved race. Or is it to get the Baywatch crowd watching?

Some of the concepts seem promising, however it really doesn't seem like a Trek show. I'll have to see a few episodes before I can make final judgement, though. TNG sucked in it's first season so I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt.

Re: Could Enterprise look any lamer?

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Worst (for me, at least), one commercial had blank screens with just a couple of words on each: "Every Saga", "Every Generation", and "Every Journey." They seemed too familiar for some reason I couldn't put my finger on.

hmmmmm...I've seen that somewhere, too. It's probably from some movie...

originally posted by bigbarada
    TNG sucked in it's first season so I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, it did...

I don't thik this new Star Trek series will be any good when you compare it to the other 4 star trek series.

I think Gene Roddnberry(sp?) should get some sort of an award for being the dead guy with the most television shows. Including the upcoming enterprise doesn't he have about 7 or 8 tv shows (including re-runs of past star trek shows)?

Originally posted by master jedi
    I think Gene Roddnberry(sp?) should get some sort of an award for being the dead guy with the most television shows. Including the upcoming enterprise doesn't he have about 7 or 8 tv shows (including re-runs of past star trek shows)?
    He contracted a disease shortly before his death: notoriousbigitis, commonly called Tupac Shakur Syndrome.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter

He contracted a disease shortly before his death: notoriousbigitis, commonly called Tupac Shakur Syndrome.

That's horrible. I am laughing really hard right now...

Can't really judge a show before it's on... besides, nothing could possiblly suck as bad as Star Trek: Voyager (I waited 7 years for them to get back to Earth; they do, but all we get is a lousy 5 second shot - WTF? (Die, Biller, DIE!)

As for the rock music in the commercials (as well as the credits), they gotta try something new. This show is supposed to be 150 years or so from now and the producers are using this as an excuse to 'contemporize' the show.

The Vulcan's outfit is just awful, as was 7 of 9's uniform. How can anyone feel dignified in costumes like those? I blame the producers and feel sorry for the actors.

Enterprise can only be good if the writers' take chances and write some really dramatic, witty, and interesting stuff. It's always difficult to write excellent episodes with feet planted 2 feet in the ground!

Ya know how a dog will tilt its head to one side when you talk to it as if it's saying "I don't understand....."? Well, I think I had the same reaction when I saw Scott Bakula was going to be the head honcho in the new ST series. I have trouble seeing him in this role.

Like everyone else, tho, I need to give it time before I pass judgement.....

(Wow! That auto-censor is a riot....I used another word for 'tilt' at first and it didn't like it. The word was: what you do to the hammer of a gun to pull it back before you fire it....... )
    Last edited by TeeEye7; 09-25-2001 at 04:59 AM.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Rick Berman should be ashamed of that rip off of the EP 1 trailer. I'm not a fan of the prequel concept in general and this one is no exception, but I'm giving it a chance. However, the 7 of 9 vulcan rip-off is insulting, they even have her wearing LESS clothes in several scenes in the latest ad. I hope the show doesn't insult the viewers as badly as the ads.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well... (covering self from the on-slaught of rocks) I kinda like Scott Bakula in these types of shows. I guess we will have to see how this all pans out, though. I am not a huge TREK fan- just an occasional observer.

I heard that they are going to have a "folk song" playing over the opening credits to give it that "pioneer" feel.

I think they should do that with the STAR WARS saga, too! NOT!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**