Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up The Bourne Identity

Great Flick, go see it, Matt Damon is a great Jason Bourne, and i hope he does the whole trilogy, speaking of which does anyone know if they are going to make all three books into movies. anyway it was a great movie. for thosxe of you who have seen talk about it here
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

i'm glad you liked the film. i had been holding off on seeing this one, because i wasn't sure of matt damon in a "secret agent" role. as for if the other films in this series will be made, to para-phrase kevin costner,"if it makes money, more will come."
    Last edited by derek; 07-07-2002 at 07:43 PM.

I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen the original but I was wondering if they both ended the same way. Anyone? I just thought the ending seemed rushed.

Oh, and his jump down the stairwell with his landing pad was a bit much. Honestly. Other than that, it was a good movie.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen the original but I was wondering if they both ended the same way. Anyone? I just thought the ending seemed rushed.

Oh, and his jump down the stairwell with his landing pad was a bit much. Honestly. Other than that, it was a good movie.
    I had seen the original about 12 years ago. All I remember was that he was being hunt down by a guy named Carlos who shot people in the neck as his signature shot but that was it. I didn't know it was a trilogy. I think Damon has too much of a baby face for this role, I would have preffered someone who was closer to the original Jason Bourne.
    Last edited by scruffziller; 07-08-2002 at 06:35 PM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    It was a good movie, but skipped like a record in a few places for me. I thought it had a weak third act. The more you found out about him and his "memory" the less interesting it bacame. Matt Damon didn't seem like a cold blooded assassin to me, kind of a warm, fuzzy assassin. They didn't give Clive Owen enough to do. How about that "action packed" climb down the wall, huh? I guess I was expecting something different from Doug Liman. After seeing the quirky, funny Swingers and Go I expected in that vein, but with his first big budget action film he played it safe and made it by the numbers. Give Clive Owen more lines and screen time!!!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Man, I forgot about the action packed scaling down the wall scene. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Which character did Clive Owen play?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Give Clive Owen more lines and screen time!!!
    Absolutely! Clive Owen is just a really great actor, and extremely cool to watch.

I liked the movie overall, but it wasn't anything spectacular. It was just one of those very average movies, which are enjoyable to watch but don't leave a lasting impression. In about a year most people will have forgotten it exists.

Exhaust Port - Clive Owen played "The Professor". He was the black haired assasin with the glasses (I don't want to say anymore to avoid spoiling it for those who haven't seen it yet)
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Other notable Clive Owen performances:

The Croupier
    Gosford Park
    BMW's "The Driver" Series (of which they are making more! Hooray!)

If Brosnan ever steps down, Clive is my choice for the new 007.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Yeah, I finally saw the movie today and I'm glad I saw it. Originally, I had no intention of viewing this movie, but my grandfather talked me into it, so I went. Bourne's characted was like someone in an ealrier post stated, a "warm, fuzzy assasin, with feelings and emotions." I enjoyed the film.
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed the movie. I agree EP, the ending was just a so so ending. I love Franka Potente. Matt Damon actually did a really good job in this film.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."