Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Hey Hasbro! Listen up and Listen Good!

Dear Hasbro
    It has been discussed in the General forum that most people think the idea of you making a 3 3/4 inch Indiana Jones line would be pretty darn swell. Just to save you the trouble, here is a list of the figures that should be in each wave.

Indiana Jones (leather jacket) w/ bullwhip, idol and sandbag
    Marion Ravenwood w/ medallion & vodka bottle
    German Mechanic w/ removable hat, jacket and wrench
    Short Round w/ removable cap & playing cards
    Mola Ram w/ removable head gear & stones
    Henry Jones Sr. w/ removable hat, suitcase and diary
    Grail Guardian Knight w/ Holy Grail, sword and Bible

Indiana Jones (Temple) w/ bullwhip and machete
    German Officer w/ interchangable normal and melting heads
    Willie Scott w/ anditdote & ash pot
    Marcus brody w/ apple
    Maha Raja w/ Indy Voodoo doll
    German Officer from Crusade w/ shovel and pistol

Indiana Jones in Arab disguise w/ staff of Ra
    Sallah w/ bad dates
    Dr. Elsa Scnieder w/ record player
    Eyepatch guy w/ monkey
    Indy in German Officer disguise
    Walter Donovan w/ interchangable normal and rotting heads

VEHICLES
    Motorcycle w/ Indy and Henry
    Horse w/ Indy
    Camel w/ sallah
    German Tank
    Truck w/ Lost Ark & Driver figure.

thank you Hasbro. if you could make this this would be cool to no end
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Thumbs up

1. Indy w/ gun, pouch, whip, and Gold Idle
    2. Indy in German uniform
    3. Indy w/ Knife no jacket
    4. Indy w/ removable hat & grail
    5. Henry Jones w/ removable hat & grail diary
    6. Young Indiana w/ cross and dog
    7. Marion Ravenwood w/ medallion
    8. Belloq w/ map
    9. Belloq in Ceremonial Gown
    10. Sallah w/ torch
    11. German soldier w/ gun
    12. German Mechanic w/ wrench
    13. German General w/ baton
    14. Dr. Shnieder w/ false grail
    15. Marcus Brody
    16. Knight w/ armor & sword
    17. Mola Rom w/ removable head gear
    18. Short Round w/ removable cap
    19. Willie in gold/red dress w/ diamond & antedote
    20. Giant Thugee
    21. Cairo Swordsman w/ sword
    22. Toht w/ gun & coat
    23. Donalvin w/ grail tablit
    24. Casim w/ gun (brotherhood guy)

Beast assortment:
    25. Sallah w/ red hat with Camel
    26. Indy w/ white horse
    27. Henry w/ bandana with brown horse

Playsets:
    28. Well of Souls w/ snakes, ark, & Cermonial Indy
    29. Streets of Cairo w/ Arab Spy & monkey
    30. Underground Venice tomb w/ coffins, skeletons, second marking(shield), & rats

Vehicles:
    31. Motorcycle w/ Sidecar

Mail Away:
    32. German Leader (Hitler)
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Cool YESSSS!!!!!

An Indy 3 3/4 line?? Holy no brainer! Look how quick the Disney exclusive stuff was snapped up and that stuff didn't even look that good. I always have wanted to get the old Indy stuff but the prices are too much and that should be a sign in itself!!! Way to go sir Brave!!!
    "pork is not a verb"

An interesting proposal but for the inclusion in evenflow's list of Mr. A Hitler. Somehow I can't see that little gem reaching retail...! More than a little tasteless evenflow. Action figures are intended as celebration of heroes and made up villains. Celebrating a mass murderer in a toy line is not really appropriate I think.

uh, yeah, that's right. we decided in the General forums that most people did NOT want to see Hitler brought into plastic form. If you really want him folks, it's a customizers job.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

I still don't see how if we can have Jason Vorhees, or for that matter, Darth Vader--- both mass murderers, mind you, even if fictional---we can't have Hitler in a line that, like Star Wars, is mostly going to be bought by adults. I mean, will kids be into this? The Indy movies are so twenty years ago. Is it just worse because he's real? What about gruesome, Satanic things like spawn figures? If it was done right, I don't see anything wrong with it. We've had Nazi figures in the past. And it's not like you're going to tell your kids he's a nice guy or anything. I don't know, as long as the line isn't called "Hitler, Your Playful Pal" or anything, but focused on Indiana Jones, I don't think it's glorifying him at all. In fact, that scene kind of shows him to be an idiot. Now those stupid Eminem figures I have a problem with.
    Last edited by Obi-Dan Kenobi; 09-12-2001 at 05:01 PM.

I don't know. . . when people run around with pics of Vader or Freddy on their t-shirts, it's cool. Run around with Hitler on your shirt, though. . . I wouldn't recommend trying it to gauge the reaction.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

El Chuxter, I laughed out loud when I read your post. That is so true. I would support having Hitler made though. Just to fill out the Jones line. And it wouldn't see retail anyway as Evenflow aptly put it down as a mail away.
    [url="http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/williams1138/index.html"]TheJedi[/url]

The difference between making a toy of Darth Vader and making a toy of Hitler, is that Darth Vader's victims don't have surviving relatives. If you can't see the difference between Darth Vader and Hitler then maybe you should put aside Star Wars for a while and get a grip on reality. Hitler was a horrible man who killed millions of people based solely on their race. Darth Vader is a image on celluloid.

Given your theory that people shouldn't care about mass murderer action figures: Who wants to see an Osama bin Laden action figure right now? Or how about Timothy McVey? Jeffrey Daumer, anyone? Or how about the two Columbine shooters? I'm sure any parent would be happy to let their kid play with that.

Just because Hitlers actions happened over 50 years ago doesn't make them any less horiffic.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Excellent point BigB. For my thoughts on a Hitler figure see the "Broaden your Horizons" thread in misc...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."