Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

More Palm Talkers, please!

I got "Super-Deformed" Boba, Chewie, and Vader in trade this weekend. They're awesome and--though I hate the word, I can't think of anything more appropriate--cute. My girlfriend thought Chewbacca was "adorable."

So there was enough demand to bring these three (and Stormy, Artoo, and Threepio, who I haven't found yet) to the States from Japan. Maybe there's enough demand for a second line? Here's some ideas I came up with for some future Palm Talkers:

Jar Jar Binks
    Classic Trilogy Yoda
    Jabba the Hutt
    Wicket W Warrick
    Jawa
    Scout Trooper
    Tusken Raider
    Darth Maul
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I pray you are joking.....Given the choice between more palmtalkers or more regular figures, give me Crix Madine, and Imperial Dignitary, and Wooof, and Cloud Car Pilot, and Ewoks!!!!

What exactly do these things do anyway? They look just like useless lumps of plastic to me. Well, actually all SWAF are useless lumps of plastic, but these look even more so.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I've found all of them at various places, but I have to ask, what's so appealing about them? Cute? Maybe. But not any cuter than those "buddy" dolls that came out a while back. They look like something that should be packed in with a kid's meal at a fast food restaurant, not a $10 retail toy. They seem to sell well enough though, so you might see a second wave.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Originally posted by bigbarada
    What exactly do these things do anyway? They look just like useless lumps of plastic to me. Well, actually all SWAF are useless lumps of plastic, but these look even more so.
    Uh, they have contacts on the bottom--I'm not sure if they're heat or conductivity activated--that make the lights blink and the character say one of around three phrases (the exact number varies). And they're cute! Darn cute!

Okay, I'm thinking I'm the only person who likes these little fellas.

And it's true they're no cuter than the Buddies, but the Buddies had a large selection, and the Palm Talkers are much easier to display.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 09-25-2001 at 12:04 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

MORE? More do you say? Geegod! These things look horrible,HORRIBLE i say!

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Okay, I'm thinking I'm the only person who likes these little fellas.
    T think your right
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Chux, they're conductivity-activated.

(Basically, that means that when you touch both studs, your body completes an electronic circuit which sets off the toy's electronic features.)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    If hasbro is going to take ALL the latest trends from Japan and put a Star Wars spin on them, I want to see Transformers that turn into Shuttle Tyderiums and X-Wings and landspeeders before I see another wave of palmtalkers. Next thing we'll be seeing is Star Wars fingerbikes and Star Wars pokemon...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Star Wars pokemon...
    For the love of everything Star Wars please don't ever say Star Wars pokemon again.

I haven't found a single one of these damn things in the Cleveland area and I want some!!!!

...it's probably my mom's Japanese genetics that make me want these crazy things... or maybe it's just the midichlorians!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**