Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ric-920

Ric-920

So what do you think of the RIC-920 droid shown at the official site???

In case you missed it just click here

I really dig this droid and I can't wait to see it move!

Thoughts on RIC-920
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

ET AGAIN FOR STAR WARS!!!

I did notice this:

"Gabbana designed the droid's double-barred neck to dissolve similarities between RIC-920 and a certain extra terrestrial. "With the single neck, it almost looked too much like E.T. for me."
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up Cool

Interesting. Like to see what it's role is going to e in the movie?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Obviously, he'll be driving a ricshaw. And would a ricshaw be called a ricshaw in a galaxy far, far away? Having a driod designation named after an obscure mode of transport seems HIGHLY coincidental. It's a little bit hinky to be on Nabbo and get into a "ricshaw." Why not a 'Droidcart" or a "zoomslip." They changed gas into Dioxis, so why not change ricshaw into something a little more "Star Wars"...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Talking RICKSHAW

It's a Tatooine vehicle if I'm not mistaken Eternal Padawan. they arrive on Tatooine and take a public transport to their destination as befitting an Ambassador who is trying not to be noticed by sly and cunning adversaries.

This is a smashing little concept and RIC-920 is a great looking droid. I love his insect inspired design

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Naboo...Tatooine...it's silly to call it a ricshaw. I think the droid is cool, too.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I think this will be one of the preview figures released. The only vehicles to be showcased so far are all due to appear as toys in the starting line-up from Hasbro. The Jedi starfighter and Anakin's hotrod speeder have all been shown on SW.com with much hullabaloo and there was a list that stated the vehicles being released by Hasbro first. this will in my opinion be a nice toy with clear plastic wheels underneath the carriage to give it the floating feature and the droid will be about the size of an ugnaught with a working wheel. That's my theory and until proven wrong I'm sticking to it. This is in the same league as the stap and battle droid preview for EP1. It also has the distinction of being a vehicle two of the principle characters use, which must give it some kudos in the greater scheme of things. What do yousa tink?

I can wait to get it when/if it is made as a toy and it does kinda look like ET a bit!But who cares really?
    GNT
    ''

Quote Originally Posted by GNT
    But who cares really?
    Not me....unless by chance he says something cool like "Okey Okey", THEN I would want to get one right away. But I doubt that Ric will have any lines in the movie.

I'm surprised you're not all excited about a RIC-920 "McCallum" model.
    Tommy, close your eyes.