Hybrid View

The "Spearhead Chase" sequence

A buddy o' mine knows a guy who works at ILM who was working on this sequence and he says it looks AWESOME!!

I'd believe 'im, but I dunno what it is. He said it takes place towards the end of the film....Anybody have a clue as to what the "Spearhead Chase" sequence is referring to? I'm stumped...

Something to do with that footage of Padme on the conveyor belt and a bunch of geonosian warriors? I read a spy report that had a big chase sequence around the droid factory where a load of Geonosians were attacking Padme and Anakin was trying to rescue her but they got overwhelmed and just at the crucial point some clonetroopers drop out of the sky. That's probably nothing like the spy report but my memory is a little foggy right now. Jedi Clint would probably know what i'm rattling on about. Of course the 'spear' reference could be a simple red herring. And may be a reference to a ship or ships not to actual spears. But the leaked storyboards do show the Geonosians holding spears so.....

Sorry, I'm still trying to catch my-self up on all my spoilers that I have missed out on. Question, does anyone know what the Geonosians look like? Spearhead Chase could be a reference to what they look like, possible...?
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Jargo,

That makes more sense than what I was thinking. Recently there was a spy report that explained after Anakin and Padme land on Geonosis toward the end of the film, they find the super battledroid factory line. After being discovered they attempt to escape from the area, and the conveyor belt sequence you mentioned takes place before they are captured. The Geonosians are said to have spears, and that does sound like a chase sequence in a way.

The only things I could think of relating to this information, would be:

A) When Anakin and Obi Wan chase Zam on Coruscant, but that is near the film's open. Her ship is said to have a batwing-appearance, and I thought that perhaps it was being described as a "spearhead".

and

B) This refers to a previously unknown chase sequence that takes place on Geonosis somewhere between when the clone troopers attack and when Dooku attempts to make his escape. I don't know where the docking bay where his ship is located as related to the arena where the end battle sequence takes place. If it is some distance away, perhaps Anakin and Obi Wan have to chase Dooku there.

Co Jo-Da,

The Geonosians look similar to the battledroids (from TPM) they create. Their mouth is located at what would be the tip of the snout of the battledroids. In the storyboards "Poggle" has (two sets of?) tentacles hanging from his face between his eyes and his mouth. When the Jedi flood into the arena, some Geonosians can be seen taking off into the air upon dragonfly-like wings. In a close-up drawing of a winged Geonosian the face is basically the same shape as Poggle's, but it lacks the tentacles and has a smoother appearance. These are simple line drawings in the storyboards. In the "real scan" bust of a geonosian, the head is the same basic shape but I can't make out the mouth. The face is without Poggle's tentacles, and it appears to be textured.

Does this help Rollo? Can you provide anymore info?
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 09-25-2001 at 02:11 AM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Co Jo-Da check out the attachment

So where do the Cloners come into the whole thing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

The cloners/Kaminoans:

Rumor has it that prior to the open of E2 the Kaminoans have been creating an army of clones. They believe that Jedi Master Sido Dyas (representing the Republic) contracted them to create these soldiers.

Jango Fett (the genetic template for the clone army) is tailed to the water planet Kaminoa by Obi Wan Kenobi during his investigation into the assassination attempts on Padme Amidala. Kenobi is treated to a tour of the cloning operations. This sequence takes place before he is introduced to and engages Jango Fett in battle (in the rain).

My theory on when and how the Kams began cloning for the Republic, and how the clones end up being used by the Republic during the end battle is as follows.

Boba Fett is a 12 year old in this film. He is also rumored to be the first clone of Jango who took him as his son. I think that the ability to create a clone army to replace the Jedi, was crucial to Palpatine's master plan. Once he knew that this was possible he pushed the events of TPM into motion. A fissure in the Republic forms between the well armed Trade Federation and their allies, and the Republic loyalists. All the while that this is taking place, the Kaminoans have been contracted to create a massive clone army for the Republic, and are busy creating the facilities required to fill the order. The Confederacy of Independent Systems led by Count Dooku officially seperates from the Republic, and the debate amongst loyalists begins to revolve around the safety of the systems they represent. The Jedi, numbering only 10000 in the time of TPM, have rigid requirements for membership and are incapable of defending against a galaxy wide attack by Confederacy forces. Before the Senate learns of the existence of cloning facilities on Kaminoa, the military creation act is ratified and voted in. When the Jedi decide to use the clones at the end of the film it is alread a non issue in the political realm of the Republic.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Thanks...GNT This helps me alot.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
    Thanks...GNT This helps me alot.
    I'm here to help If you want the picture of "the Cloner"I'd be happy to post it
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Hey Rollo, did you ever figure out what the Spearhead Sequence is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Hey Rollo, did you ever figure out what the Spearhead Sequence is ?
    I think its for the AOTC Special Edition.