Hybrid View

Question MM Hoth playset... "only" $50?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1738587422

What the heck happened here? Thrawn just linked me to this finished auction where the Micro Machines Ice Planet Hoth playset sold for $49.78, the seller started the bidding at 99 cents. What am I missing? The seller has an adequate description and a sub-adequate picture, so how did he get fitty bucks for this one?!?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

He also didn't even have a picture that could prove he actually did have it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

alot of unusual stuff has been happening lately over at ebay regarding mm's

0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Even' all

I quite agreed GSJ.

Get a load of this at the price.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1739833700

Unboxed too!

Unbeleivable - somebody should email the high bidder.

Cheers

BC3

It's not out of the question that the seller has enlisted "friends" to drive prices up. Whether or not the "friends" themselves win the auction, if these sellers can start a trend, then the perceived value will rise across the board and the actual collectors may begin to believe that they have to pay that kind of money for an item. Just a theory.

YIKES!!! $117.50 for sets that I bought within 3 years ago that cost me less than a twenty total and 2 earlier-packages of $2 close-out sets that TRU couldn't give away?!?

The DC snowspeeder is at least RARE and some of those are at least multiple item, but this is really getting out of hand.

BTW Stilla, if you suspect shill bidding, read the bid history (if not private) and then search what those bidders have bid on before. If you see a lot of the same seller in the past, that's PROBABLY a shill (though I have seen occasions where it's not).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, I checked out those auctions posted by GSJ and BC3 and am amazed at what they went/are going for. They are all way overpriced, I've seen boxed AF Sandcrawlers go for under 15.00 and this ones at 31.00 with a couple more days to go and it's loose!!! Wow! What the hell are people thinking? The only one that I don't think is too unrealistic is the Die Cast Snowspeeder. You almost never see them anywhere and the last one I saw on ebay went for 92-93.00, that was last September I believe. I don't usually keep my eyes open for them so maybe it was the price that made me notice it, and maybe they do show up more often and sell for less. When I did need it though they almost never should up on ebay and back then I wasn't willing to spend much for them since they weren't AFs. If I didn't have it I probably would pay 81.00 for it now, but luckily I got mine for 10.00 a while back. I also noticed a lot of common action fleet ships selling for 20-25.00 each which could all be won for 10.00 or less.

Later,
    S43

I see others are noticing what I mentioned back on May 30th.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

See SWAFFY, that's why you can't post real discussion topics in that thread.

You know what sucks? If these people had been so excited about Galoob products back when they were still being made, we might not have ever LOST the line in the first place! Dang speculators!