Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Did Dooku sense Obi-Wan on Geonosis?

Just watched the movie again yesterday and noticed something puzzling that I never thought about before. While Obi-Wan is snooping around on Geonosis he gets within 20-50 feet of Count Dooku twice! Once in the hallway and once while spying above the conference room, where he is actually within line of sight of Dooku!

Now seeing as how Vader sensed Obi-Wan's presence on the Death Star and Luke's on Endor; do you think Dooku sensed Obi-Wan on Geonosis and just kept quiet about it? Or did he just not sense him at all?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Maybe in his arrogance (which all dark lords tend to have) 1 Jedi was not anything to worry about especially since he (Dooku) thought that he was more than a match for Yoda.
    I just think that we werent meant to notice it as Obi Wan needed a reason to contact coruscant.
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

Jonna
    I don't know........I think that it was just another inconsistancy in any sort of logic that it might have. I think that Dooku would have been able to sense him (in reality), but perhaps that just did not work as well in George's vision.

He may have sensed a tremor in the force created by Kenobi, but as their "paths have never crossed before" he might not have known what or who he was sensing.
    ubi mel ibi apes

I had thought about posting it in the "illogical moments" thread; but decided that it wasn't so much an 'illogical' issue as a 'more going on than we're led to believe' issue.

Who knows, maybe Dooku sensed a Jedi presence and used the Force to guide the Geonosians to discover him? Then played ignorant to help convince Obi-Wan to join him. Them Sith are shifty, they is.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Maybe you're right BB, but I think Dooku will prove to be a cool customer in EP3

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by bigbarada
    I had thought about posting it in the "illogical moments" thread; but decided that it wasn't so much an 'illogical' issue as a 'more going on than we're led to believe' issue.

Who knows, maybe Dooku sensed a Jedi presence and used the Force to guide the Geonosians to discover him? Then played ignorant to help convince Obi-Wan to join him. Them Sith are shifty, they is.
    Perhaps...since had he attacked Obi-Wan then he certainly would never be able to convince Obi-Wan of his plan. Dooku knew this and knew that Obi-Wan was there. You don't see Dooku asking Obi-Wan for his name anytime. Obi-Wan knew who Dooku was and thus perhaps Dooku knew of Obi-Wan through Yoda.

Dooku: "You disappoint me Obi-Wan...Yoda spoke so highly of you!"
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Good point Darkross, to expose Obi would have admitted alliegance to the bad guys.

Maybe he did sense him, and that's why the Geonosian was spying on Obi-Wan and the Jedi Starfighter. How else would the droidekas have found him if Dooku hadn't told them to look?

I don't think he sensed him. He was too pre-occupied with making deals and such. When Vader senses him on the DS he's just kind of walking around (i think, I haven't seen ANH in a while) plus, sensing a jedi would be easier for vader since there were so few of them (ok two) and it would seem odd. You also can't be one's apprentice for years and not know their (for lack of a better word) "aura".
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum