Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up And the Lakers take the trey...

Since no one's done it yet, I guess I'll put up the obligatory championship thread for the Lakes.

What a great last game! You can see how the Nets picked up their game as the series went along and got much better (except for Keith Van Horn). I don't think this one was as good as last year's just because Shaq was too dominant.

I was sort of disappointed that the celebration was so muted, but then I guess it was a foregone conclusion that they would take it all. Even Costas and Marv Albert were pretty much conceeding that this would probably be the last game of the series.

What I really liked seeing was Shaq and the closeness he has with his family. He pulled his dad and grandpa from the stands and they were all buddy-buddy together. I don't know what kind of person Shaq really is, but I think it's obvious he loves and takes care of his family. So I give him a big thumbs up for that kind of image.

I know there's a lot of you who can't stand the Lakers and/or Shaq, so I'll tread lightly. They've proved they know how to win, and they did it fairly with good sportsmanship. Yes Shaq is very dominant, but he's just a big guy who really can't be stopped. You may hate him, but you can't deny that he's a great player and was the very key for the Lakers to secure three straight rings.

GO LAKERS!
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Boooo Lakers!

It's not Shaq I hate, it's that cocky fool Kobe. The Kings'll get em next year!
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

Bulls.....Lakers.....it doesn't matter. I am/was so sick of them both, it's hard to watch.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    Bulls.....Lakers.....it doesn't matter. I am/was so sick of them both, it's hard to watch.
    Is it that you hate a champion or that they are/were so good that watching them constantly win is boring?

I'll say one thing, that Kings-Lakers series was the best I've ever seen. While the Kings were outstanding, the Lakers showed they can't/won't be put down.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

the door's closed, the lights are out and the jello is jigglin'!!!

bulls and lakers hard to watch? i find the triangle offense that both teams employ(ed) to be a thing of beauty, what with its ball movement, finding the open man on the weak side for outside jumpers. decidedly better than the random chaotic offenses some teams have.

okay time to tread lightly, following in mandalorian candidate's lead
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Lakers win.

Yay.

Wake me when somebody else wins.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I don't like the Lakers either... especially Shaq (paid millions for being born big because all he can do is dunk) and the cocky Kobe Michael Jordan-move stealing-wanna be like Mike.

Just my opinion...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I frigging HATE the Lakers. I also can't stand Phil Jackson. But, they're a championship caliber team and the Nets obviously are not. The Lakers have guys who can make clutch shots, two future hall-of-famers, and they can always kick it up a notch right when it counts. So, as much as I dislike them, they're the best team out there right now, and they deserved to win, for sure.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Meh

At least Celtics would have made it interesting.

Well, personally I like Shaq--- I think he is a good guy and I respect what he does. I do see everyone's point of having someone else win the chanpionship, but hey, that's how the cookie crumbles.
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!