Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: R2-Q5 questions

R2-Q5 questions

Just curious: how many of this figure do you have? How do you rate it in the POTJ line?

I have five, all loose. For months I owned three, but one of my local Wal-Marts had two on damaged cards for a long time. I finally couldn't stand it anymore and bought them a couple of weeks ago.

I think it's a nicely-done figure, though the eye-port is not as distinct as it should be. I wouldn't mind having a few more, since they go so well in nearly any Imperial display-scene.

i have none. i sure wish i had one.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

I like him. I accidentally ended up with 4. I bought 1 and opened it. Then I saw another one a month or 2 later and decided to keep one carded. Then my wife bought me another because she didn't know if I had it or not. And just this week, I won an auction of 23 droids, and R2-Q5 was one of them.

I like the figure. I agree with you about the eye, but overall, its pretty nice. I wouldn't complain if they produced more generic R2 units based off of his mold.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I've got one and I love this little evil droid. It's so cool all in black, one of my favorites and he's still carded till I find a second.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I have one, it's a very nicely done little astromech. I just wish the "eye" was a bit more detailed. It's pretty flat to the surface and hard to see.

I've only seen one in a local comic book shop, and I'm wearing down on not buying him. He looks like he needs a good home ;-)
    Giddy-up!

I got another one today!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

He's a droid, what can you say. He was the first POTJ figure I ever collected, a must have when I first saw him (I got two in a buy-one-get-one-free sale at KB). I told myself that I don't have the energy nor the money to start a new line (mainly the money) but KB and R2-Q5 sucked me in. I have a total of three, two carded and one opened.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I have a trio now, and the only things I don't like are the shallow radar eye and the "modern long 3rd leg" problem that gets all the recent astromech figures, where the middle leg is too long - it can be extended too far out but it can't be pushed all the way back in. It's a pretty good figure though, I think it's a shame that Hasbro wasn't able to get more of them out there (I got my 3 several months apart from each other, it was a slow waiting process).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, hearing you guys talk about how you each own several it seems to me that they did get plenty of them out there (I managed to get the one I needed pretty easily) but that most of them ended up going to a much smaller number of collectors!