Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Ooh! I really like that Mr.Big song, "Next to be with you"

"Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I listen to lots and lots of music, so it'd be hard to list everything I listen to that's not popular. However, there are three that are below all else in my collection:

1) Tom Jones: The Very Best of Tom Jones--At least this one I occasionally exploit for its humor value.

2) Stryper--I have all their tapes up to In God We Trust. Although now I recognize that they were a lame Kiss knock-off (and worse: a spin-off from Poison!) that only gained popularity through their exploitation of the label "Contemporary Christian," I occasionally have to blast "To Hell With the Devil" or their cheesy rendition of "Battle Hymn of the Republic."

3) Debbie Gibson: Electric Youth--Yep, I own the only copy played after May 17, 1991.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Red face

I used to love those Dawson's Creak songs by Paula Cole and Heather Nova. Before I realized they were Dawson's Creak songs, now I don't admit to anybody I like them.

Oh wait, forget you read that.

I listen to alot of different types.I can go from hard rock to soft to pop. Don't tell anyone but I....like [ABBA] did I say that! No I didn't,that was my evil twin.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Originally posted by Obi-Don
    Don't tell anyone but I....like [ABBA] did I say that! No I didn't,that was my evil twin.
    Don't worry I won't tell anybody since I like to listen to some ABBA from time to time.

Yeah, I like ABBA too, and I know I SHOULD feel kinda guilty, but from a melodic, pop-songwriting standpoint, their music really is pretty brilliant. That's the biggest problem with today's pop-groups: too much emphasis on over-production and not enough on writing good songs.

I have a James Bond CD with all the theme songs up to "Tomorrow Never Dies" on it. With my anal retentivness honed, I have altered the original order of the songs to play in actual order of original release on my computer at home.

For some reason I just can't play "A View to a Kill" before "From Russia With Love." It's sacrilege I tells ya'! I can imagine poor old Cubby Broccoli turning in his grave...
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Dionne Warwick sings Burt Bacharach.........
    I also listen to ABBA. I have the soundtrack to Miss Saigon and sing along to the Jonathan Price bits which really tax the vocal chords Nothin' like a rousing musical theatre experience to make you feel dirty and shameful. Especially one with naughty words in it. well, not that naughty....
    I found a site that had loads of ancient tacky tv themes on it and saved them to my PC so I can listen to stuff like the Quincey theme while I type. It's wicked the buzz I get from cheesey theme tunes.

Lightbulb

CD-wise, Hootie and the Blowfish and Phil Collins get some regular airplay by me. I never am ashamed of my Weird Al collection (I have all your albums...), but it's still a kind of guilty pleasure. As for groups I like but may not have albums, cassettes, or CDs of:

- Katrina and the Waves (tell me, just try and feel bad during "Walking on Sunshine!" )
    - MC Hammer
    - Kenny Rogers
    - Primus
    - Elton John
    - Megadeth (really!)
    - Suzanne Vega
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Theres been some good and funny responses to this thread. It's funny how what is a guilty pleasure band to one can be a proudly listened to band to another. Here's a few more of mine:

Randy Travis (grew up with country-listening parents)

BeeGees (I'm sorry, but I like Saturday Night Fever)

Duran Duran

Janet Jackson (My name ain't Baby. It's Janet)

I realize these are much worse than my first entry. I was basically testing the waters if you know what I mean. Then I saw some of the other responses and didn't feel so bad.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis