Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    As a child growing up, I was forced to endure the Peter Brady-like warbling and twanging of such "musicians" as Conway Twitty, Dwight Yoakum, and Garth Brooks. The extent of these buffoons' talent is the ability to make their voices rise and descend in pitch in such a way as to be comparable to fingernails on a chalkboard or chewing on aluminum foil with fillings on your teeth. In short, country music is an abomination and the whole world would be vastly improved upon it's disappearance. IMO.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

"There's always someone lookin' at ya (oh-oh oh-oh!)" The Boomtown Rats. Now there's a guilty pleasure for you.....

"There's a silicon chip inside her head that's switched to overload..."

Luvverly jubberly!

Given the current situation, one of my favorite metal bands probably qualifies as a guilty pleasure based solely on their name.

Need I point out that the band in question is Anthrax?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Given the current situation, one of my favorite metal bands probably qualifies as a guilty pleasure based solely on their name.

Need I point out that the band in question is Anthrax?
    I've been thinking about them too, lately, I bet they can't get a gig anywhere.

Ever since the postal service said not to open mail with any mention of "anthrax" on it, what the hell do the people who handle fan mail for the band Anthrax do?

Just wonder'd

I guess a sub-conscious guilty pleasure could have been when the "oldies" station in El Paso played Bobby Brown's "Every Little Step I Take" while I was at the office, I actually found myself tapping my feet to it without even realizing it! I felt like I needed a shower afterwards.

Ewwww, bigbarada, that's just SICK!

Regarding Anthrax, I've heard that word so often lately, I just had to listen to them this morning on the way to work. I'd not listened to Sound of White Noise in a while and had forgotten how awesome it is.

And I was thinking--if I ordered one of their CDs from an online site or a music club, would I be the only person in the US to actually request to receive Anthrax in the mail?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter

And I was thinking--if I ordered one of their CDs from an online site or a music club, would I be the only person in the US to actually request to receive Anthrax in the mail?
    Hmm, that qualifies to be posted over in the "Weird Thoughts" thread too.

Question gsj: jury's still out on whether "thunder island" qualifies as diagonal wood muzak

however, we were able to think of an additional indisputabel dianogal wood song: "baby come back" by the wretched player- eewwww! c'mon guys, can't anyone else think of any more diagonal wood songs? if we can think of enough maybe we'll put out a theme cd

mt: the closest i come to liking boingo is "the last time" on elfman's "so-lo" album btw you might like this place

tl: that is one Sick avatar you got there

eh: "cars" is cool! so is gn's "down in the park"

eh, gsj: my fave mccartney solos: "band on the run", "live & let die", "uncle albert/admiral halsey", "comin up" and his disco foray "goodnight tonight"- gotta love that bassline

ec: cash ain't folk, woody guthrie's folk cash's cool (i shot a man in houston. . .juuust to watch him die" ), so is patsy cline ("i go out walkin, after midnight") ; no need to apologize for likin them even though country as a rule leaves me cold. i like that short blond dixie chick, she stayed cute even when she porked out but Say no to ray stevens! he's just heehaw's answer to al yankovic

hey feloow yanks, lookie this invaluable resource i found:
    http://music.adcritic.com/
    vt
    np: the acura "palm springs" comm music, hint hint
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 10-31-2001 at 11:57 PM.

Arrow

While I was attending a junior college 9 (??!!) years ago, in our school paper, (The Mountian Breeze) a writer did an editorial called "Why Country Music Should Be Bannsihed From the face of the Earth." I responded in my best PC can't-everybody-just-all-get-along style and got blasted in the next issue! Here's what sums up her reply best, the opening line: "Let's go onto Mr. [Bel-Cam Jos'] sorry excuse for a letter..." I remember these details exactly because it was so weird and kinda funny. After that, for the next 2 months or so, all the editorial page covered was whether I was right in having my opinion, she was right in hers, whether her insulting me made her a hypocrite, why others stupidly wrote in with "you're dumb and blah blah blah" type responses, etc. Ah, the confusion of the early '90s...

By the way, I have heard some recent pop hits in my local grocery store set to Musak. Ack!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I was at a TRU the other day and I heard a strangely familiar song over the store radio. It was "Lapti Nek" remade as a pop song!! The end must be near!