Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Guilty Pleasure Music (yep, another music thread)

Ok, so I've been thinking about music a lot lately if you can't tell. So who are your "guilty pleasure" bands, the ones you listen to by yourself because your friends make fun of you? One of mine is No Doubt, all my friends laugh because they're so "pop", but I can't help it, I've always liked punk and ska, and then theres the obvious attraction of Ms. Stefani and her voice. Another one of mine is Blondie. Hmm, I see a pattern here.......
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

You consider Blondie a "guilty pleasure" band?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

one of them. for me anyway, only because, like I said, my friends laugh at me. I have a lot of "metal" friends. Don't think about what mine are, what are yours?
    Last edited by Fulit; 09-25-2001 at 01:31 PM.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

A guilty pleasure? Um...well I really like Tom Petty and the Heartbrakers...does that count?
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I really, really hate heavy metal, in almost all of it's forms. But every once in a while somme stupid cheesey heavy metal song comes on that I liked as a kid and I can't resist. "Photograph" or "Hysteria" by Def Leppard. "Every Rose Has It's Thorn." "Cum On Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot.

Also, I sometimes crank up "All-Star" by Smashmouth in the car, although I feel a bit dirty afterwards.

Most of my favorite music is early punk (though I don't really like the Sex Pistols), post-punk, and New Wave, so I really dig Blondie. No guilt there, just pleasure.

When I'm by myself and no one's around I.....Oh wait, we're talking about guilty pleasure MUSIC.

Well, I listen to a lot of electronic bands, when I don't care about other peoples opinions. Stuff like Aphex Twin, Kraftwerk, and Propellerheads. Plus some of the Import Techno collections. Usually the best ones I've heard are from Europe and Korea. American Techno has too much of a rap/hip-hop influence for my taste.

Guilty pleasure music?

George Michael
    Phil Collins

Star Wars (My friends see the SE CDs and say "Wow, what are THOSE - oh. Star Wars.")

Muppet Movie soundtrack (yep)

John Denver (occasionally)

Soundtrack to South Park - Bigger Longer and Uncut

I have some widely varying tastes in music...
    Repair, refurbish, restore
    www.sandcrawlerworkshop.com

I LOVE John Denver! Can't believe I forgot that one. MAybe I'm not as ashamed as I should be.

I dig the Propellerheads. Their first record is great. They have some good remixes, too, if you can find them.

I also forgot to mention that I still own a Milli Vanilli CD. I have gotten offers for it, but I refuse to part with it.

Originally posted by master jedi
    I listen to the ***cough*** Moulin Rogue soundtrack.
    *Cough* Guilty *cough* *cough*

Need help... At least I aint alone
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious