Lucas SHOULD Make the duel/fight scenes better

I liked all the fight scenes in AOTC between Ben and Jango, Dooku vs Anakin/Ben/Yoda. But frankly that just didn't last long enuff. Lucas makes the slow parts of the film long and the best parts short. So in EpIII he needs to make the greatest lightsaber duel/duels ever out of all the movies it needs to be crowned king of all fights. I want a full scale lashing attach saber duel that lasts like 15-20 minutes not this 5 minute crap he's been giving us. I hope there are at least 4 duels in EIII I don't see how there couldn't be with Mace, Plo, Ki, and other Jedi dying. I think Mace will be in some kind of fight. Anakin and Ben Yoda and Dooku Mace and Boba? Anakin killing off others. Dooku killing others? I want to see something plain vicious. Not this short stuff shot with a fight cam style. Nothing has beat Vader and Luke from ESB yet. I want e3 to contain the greatest fight of all. A Yoda fight for 10 minutes would be awesome...what do you think about all this and what should lucas deliver

billyjack

Any saber fight will seem anti-climatic without a lot of story behind it to add drama. Look at the Mace/Fett battle. Blast, blast, deflect, deflect, chop, roll. Compare that to the Luke/Vader fights which seemed to take hours.

Another thing is that the Luke/Vader encounters weren't really duels, a lot of it was Luke trying to run away and regroup. That made the scenes longer. The Jedi battles seen in E1 and E2 were duels in the traditional sense of the word, taking cues from Shakesphere and stage fencing.

Thought the fight scene with Count Dooku, and with Maul as well, was edited for length, after a while it would become redundant.
    MTFBWY, FMTPO!!!

I hope they go for the less CGI duels - like with REAL sets that don't like Sam I am was just there. I'd really like to see some OT like duels in E3, especially when it comes to the final duels of the films, those can't be thrust, thrust, parry, slice in 10 seconds and then that's it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Longer, more dialogue-driven saber battles like ESB's (especially between Obi-Wan and Anakin!) and less CGI - sounds like a winning combination I could really get behind! Also, I'd like to add that while Ep 1's last battle is well-choreographed, I think Ep 3's needs to look less like a ballet and more like a dangerous battle of saber-wielders.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I do like the prequel lightsaber duels better as duels, but for Flash Gordon adventure inspired sequences, you can't beat ESB...

Ya got your choice between more artful choreography or Luke gettin' his li'l fanny whooped. Either of them have been some of the greatest scenes ever ingrained in celluloid....
    MTFBWY, FMTPO!!!

Yea the saber duel in AOTC was focused on Yoda vs Dooku so they didn't put much energy into the other one which was extrememly unfortunate.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!