Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I'd watch a sequel to Hudson Hawk. That movie is completely underrated.

"Would you like to swing on a star?
    Carry moonbeams home in a jar.
    You'd be better off than you are.
    You could be swingin' on a star..."
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

I wonder how they're going to make Ben Affleck POTUS.

Don't forget Cardinal of the Kremlin. Or (snicker) Red Storm Rising, which I saw with a new cover touting it as a Jack Ryan novel the other day in the book store. THAT raised my eyebrows. Did he go back and write Ryan into the novel or is the publishing company shamelessly lying to sell more copies?

I'd really like to see them adapt Without Remorse, the John Clark novel. But who would get to play him? Leiv Shreiber or Willem Dafoe?
    I addressed some of your points in an earlier post here. If they make the heretofore unmade novels into films, in storyline chronological order, and space them about two years apart, only then could Affleck have a chance of pulling off the POTUS role age-wise (even then, he'd need some makeup to look a few years older).

The case of who plays Clark is also tough. Especially for 'Remorse." Schreiber's age in 'Fears" can't be reconciled with his character's visit to Ryan's dad in 'Remorse," when Ryan was younger. If they made the book into a movie, and used Schrieber, they'd just have to write out the Ryan visit scene. But still how do you justify Schrieber being old enough to have served in Viet Nam? Either they just do it, and ignore the glaring time/age problem, or they pull some another fast-one a-la-'Fears,' and change Schrieber/Clark's "war" from 'Nam to Desert Storm or Enduring Freedom.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I can't believe it! How did I miss Indy 4?!! I actually listed it when I first started writing this thread, but like I said I lost everything and had to start over! Somehow I missed the one I'm looking forward to the most!

Ditto on Big Trouble in Little China (Oh, how I have longed for a sequel for that one!), Buckaroo Banzai (another one of my absolute favorites! TOTALLY in need of a sequel! If I'm not mistaken...we were more or less promised one!), and I had even considered putting Maverick on my list, but had assumed too much time had maybe passed for that one as well (if it gets made, I'll be there though!).

I'd like to see:
    Lost in Space 2 (C'mon, I want to see Robbie the Robot making an appearance like he did on the series)
    Ghost Busters 3
    Starship Troopers 2 (The series was pretty cool, it really needs a sequel)
    More Tim Burton Batman movies (They really need a correct Bane and Riddler along with bringing in the Scarecrow, Clayface, and Scarface) - Heck, Burton oughta make his own Batman 3 and 4 and just let Batman Forever and Batman & Robin rest in their own little movie world.
    Spider-Man (I think 2&3 have been confirmed, although from an interview of Dunst because Spider-Man was released, she leaked some info that they were planning on using two villians instead of just one)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

EP, glad to hear I'm not the ONLY one who likes Hudson Hawk. "What's 'nintendo'?"

Originally posted by RooJay
    Ditto on Big Trouble in Little China (Oh, how I have longed for a sequel for that one!), Buckaroo Banzai (another one of my absolute favorites! TOTALLY in need of a sequel! If I'm not mistaken...we were more or less promised one!), and I had even considered putting Maverick on my list, but had assumed too much time had maybe passed for that one as well (if it gets made, I'll be there though!).
    Right on! Buckaroo Banzai did indeed promise a sequel at the end "Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League", but it never got made. (Of course, Dr Detroit also made a similar promise that never happened, but that was just mostly a gag .) According to IMDB, that script was turned into Big Trouble in Little China! (There is support from this, since the director of Buckaroo Banzai is also the writer of BTiLC.) There was apparently a Buckaroo Banzai TV series in the works last year, but it's supposedly in development limbo along with the Batman prequel series.

Part of what worked for me on Maverick was that it was based off a 35-year-old television show yet it still worked (unlike the Wild Wild West film), so I think a sequel could still have life to it that way.

Oh, and I heard that Ghostbusters 3 actually had a shooting script ready and they were very close to production with Dan Akroyd's full backing and support (in fact, I heard he was the driving force on this) but it got shut down.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A real shame about Wild Wild West. It had lots of promise! It's too bad the producer is a complete and total idiot! If it had actually ended up starring George Clooney as James West (don't get me wrong, I like Will Smith, but he just was't at all the right guy for the role.), with a script more in line with the original series, I really think it could've been as big a hit as the studio was hoping. Or at least it would've been a bit more watchable!

Another proposed sequel I was really hoping would get made was the Strange Brew sequel, Home Brew! How fun would that have been?!

Oh man, Clooney would have been nearly PERFECT in that role!!! And the Clooney/Kevin Kline relationship probably would have been spot on for James West/Artimus Gordon; what is wrong with Warner Brothers?!? Will Smith was good in MIB, and Barry Sonnenfeld made both films, but that isn't a good reason to cast him as West. I wonder is WB pulled Clooney from WWW because of his poor showing in Batman & Robin (which wasn't his fault really, just more bad WB decisions). What a waste.

I heard that Home Brew actually had a couple shooting days before it got the axe, that one had such a good window of opportunity to come out like last year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Another Highlander I heard is being made and hope it does. I would hope to see "inbetweequel" productions of the SW universe done either animation or CGI. Plus maybe spin offs and/or of more movie/episodes ofDBZ.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by RooJay
    Another proposed sequel I was really hoping would get made was the Strange Brew sequel, Home Brew! How fun would that have been?!
    No thanks! I'll bet that Slapshot 2 was a better idea than Home Brew.

Hey, isn't there a thread in which someone (recently) suggested a sequel to The Professional with Mathilda as an adult assassin? I thought that was in this thread, but I don't see it.
    Anyway, since it fits the thread subject I'll just say I think "Mathilda: The Professional" would be a bad idea. I understand why some people would want to see it (myself included ), since Natalie was pretty cool but let's admit that Jean Reno is at least half of the reason for the success of that movie (due credit to Oldman as well :happy: ). Sure, bring back Aiello to offer her some jobs, but WHY ? ? ?
    I think the idea of her going into the "cleaning" profession runs perpendicular to the whole point of her relationship with Leon in the first movie. Yes, she learns the business but she found a home in that school and planted Leon's plant. She's establishing roots, why reverse the character and send her back to hell?
    I dunno, unless you want her story to turn tragic again, but I don't!

edit: My apologies for the dis to Eternal Padawan, I rescanned the thread and noticed you want to see the sequel to Leon. But I swear I read another post about Natalie as a cleaner in another thread (maybe that one was by you too? ).

That being said, I am interested in what your motivations would be for a sequel to it, and how you might like to see the story play out. There can only be 2 returning characters (right? Oldman and Reno die, who else is there other than Aiello and Portman?), so have at it!
    Last edited by 2-1B; 06-18-2002 at 03:37 AM.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I have no motivations or ideas for the sequel. Natalie Portman has already signed on to do a sequel with Luc Besson. That's why I said I was "eagerly awaiting" the sequel. I have every confidence that Besson will come up with a story worthy of the original. I'm pretty sure it won't be as cut and dried as "Mathilda kills for Aiello" They are also making a sequel to the vastly underrated The Cube called HyperCube.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."