Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Originally posted by scruffziller
    I can't wait till Batman Beyond the real-action movie comes out.
    I never got into the Batman Beyond series (I thought it was sacrilege when I first heard of it, but it seems to have turned out quite good from what I've heard since it premiered!), but I too am very interested in seeing a live action movie based on the concept.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Also in the "Haven't been made yet, but would be awesome" dept.

The Chronicles of Narnia. They are working on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Naturally, it would be nice to see all seven. And a pox on whatever publishing buffoon decided to renumber the entire series chronologically.
    I'm down wit' dat! I was quite happy when I heard these were in development!

The Xanth books. The pun-tastic world of Xanth come to life? Awesome.

The St. Germaine novels. The GOOD vampire series. (Why is that Anne Rice tripe getting made into movies and this excellent series sits languishing on shelves?) Not only are these excellent vampire books, they are hyper accurate history books as well, since St Germaine has been a vampire since before the Egyptian era and Yarbro does exhaustive research into whatever era she sets the book in. Whether it's Nero's Rome or 17th century Paris. 12th century China or Russia before the start of WWII, these books are meticulous in their recreation of history, with a 3000+ year old vampire thrown in.
    The Ender books. I read somewhere they had been toying with casting Jake Lloyd as Ender. Whether that's true or not, these are definitely worth making. Especially Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. They could film them simultaneously, since the stories cross over so much.[/B][/QUOTE]

Never even heard of either of these (does that mean I'm not as literate as I'd thought?). I don't know what do think about the "Xanth series" or the "Ender series", but from what you've told us about the St. Germaine series I think I'd like to see some films! Maybe I should check out the books?

Bone. Live action with CGI Bone, Phoney, and Smiley Bone. I heard Jeff Smith pulled the plug on a fully animated one when the studios tried to take it too far from his original vision (Britney Spears songs were involved). Good for him. But I still want to see this on the big screen. Far too many people are missing out on this wonderful adventure. "Stupid, stupid rat creatures!"
    Oh please, let this happen!

I also forgot about how much I've been hoping for Mad Max 4!!! Is there actually anyone out there who doesn't want to see it?

P.s. Sorry about all these posts being lumped together. Problems at home have kept me away from the computer this past week. I'm just trying to get caught up a bit. Hope nobody minds!

don't know if this should be here, but while watching Minority Report, a preview for a new movie about Hanibal Lector Popped up. i think it is called like the red dragon or something, it s a prequal i think. it looks awesome. any word on this
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

It's based on the Thomas Harris book, and yes, it is a prequel to Silence of the Lambs.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

It's not only a prequel and based on a book, it's also a remake! Looks pretty cool even though I was a bit disappointed by Hannibal. Hopefully, this one will be more like Silence of the Lambs!

Well, it can't possibly be worse than Manhunter, so it has that going for it.

They got Lambs scribe Ted Tally to write Red Dragon, he was not involved with Hannibal. Hmm, I knew about the casting of Ed Norton as Will Graham and Ralph Fiennes as Dolarhyde. However, the casting of Harvey Keitel as Jack Crawford (played by Scott Glenn in Lambs) surprised me when I found out this week. I don't mean that necessarily in a bad way, it was just surprising . . . the two actors strike me as very different.

I thought Manhunter was pretty damned scary m'self. This is a GREAT book, and deserves a new treatment. Tally did so well getting everything from the Lambs book into the movie, that Red Dragon SHOULD be awesome as well. Let's hope so because Hannibal was absolutely rotten, and I don't want that series going out like that.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    RooJay, the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony are about the magical world of Xanth (which looks suspiciously like Florida) where everyone has a magic ability. Some abilities are useless (making polka dots appear on the wall) while some are very powerful (controlling the weather). The first book follows a young man named Bink, who is going to be banished because he doesn't have a power. There have been 25 or more books in the series with no signs of slowing.
    The Ender series by Orson Scott Card is about a battle school in space that was created to train the brightest young children of the future to prepare for an invasion of aliens who have attacked Earth twice already. Andrew "Ender" Wiggin is the best of the best at battle school. After the first novel, Ender's Game, there was a trilogy that took place 3000 years later. Later, Card went back and wrote Ender's Shadow about another young boy at battle school called Bean. It' pretty much the same story as Ender's Game but told from Bean's perspective. Card is now writing follow up stories to Shadow starting with Shadow of the Hegemon and continuing with Shadow of Death, and Shadow of the Giant (the latter two haven't been released yet).
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I would like:

Rocketeer II (to pick up from where he left off. He spent most of the first movie just experimenting with the new gimmick)
    Galaxy Quest II (I agree with the earlier post about this)
    Batman V (against the trio of Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, and Clayface)
    Superman V
    Mad Max IV (he ended "Thunderdome" by just being stranded, let's see where he ended up at)
    Excalibur II (where did Arthur go after being healed at Avalon from his mortal wounds???)