View Poll Results: SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Quarterfinals - Fight Four!!!

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luke's Landspeeder does the tricks!

85 51.52%
  • Zam's speeder is right on target!

80 48.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Quarterfinals - Fight 4!!!

Well, heh-heh-heh-he-hee-he. We've got a new Quarterfinal Match speeding it's way to you again tonight! (along with my terrible sense of humor and my nerdiness confirmed!).

Well, one thing's for sure: this race should bring back a sense of deja vu for Obi-Wan! But maybe after doing Driver Education with his father, this is the best way for Obi-Wan to give driving lessons to Luke. (see the picture!)

In tonight's challenge, Zam Wessel's airspeeder takes on Luke Skywalker's landspeeder. (I guess Zam graduated so she doesn't need her set of training wheels).

The Landspeeder seats 2 action figures in the front, while 2 more, including droids, can ride on the back behind the seats. Spring-loaded wheels help the Landspeeder look like it's floating as it rolls over hardfloors. But for fun spin-outs on the rug, shift the drive gear back and the wheels hide inside for the least resistance on carpeting. Pop open the hood to make engine repairs, or at least admire the decale that lets you pretend that's what you're doing. Luke's Landspeeder is also detailed with one engine panel removed, the turbine exposed for added realism.
    The Landspeeder beat Naboo's Flash Speeder 51-20 for a win carrying over 71% of the votes.

Zam Wessel's flashy green and yellow speeder holds one action figure in its opening cockpit, and features a detailed interior with adjustable steering controls and foot pedals. But the craft's most ingenious play feature is its crash 'n bash action that lets you smash the front end of the speeder in, with engine panels flying off, simulating a crash just like in the movie! Each side operates independently, so you decide the amount of damage that is done during the dangerous work of that of a bounty hunter! At the press of a button, the vehicle repairs itself! Also note, for play value, you can glide Zam's speeder smoothly across most carpeting, too. Zam's Speeder beat Anakin Skywalker's airspeeder 103-49, with the bounty hunter carrying over 67% of the votes cast in that battle.

So which one's your favorite?

You decide now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails landspeeder vs zams speeder.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'd have to say Zam's speeder. Sleek and cool crash function (although i foresee that, if you play with it too much, it will crack and break. I highly suggest that if you bought either or both of Zam's/Anakin's speeder to keep one in the package. this will deter the softer rubber from drying out and cracking, but she (ZAM) has the better toy between her and Luke's. Luke has that retro feel (NOW) but doesn't seem to do very much beyond look cool.
    Move along, move along

I like Luke's Landspeeder because figures fit into it. Of course, Hasbro still needs to make a soft goods Ben Kenobi so he can get in there wile wearing his robes, but that's a different issue.

The Landspeeder was my first vehicle as a kid back in 1977, and it was the first vehicle I bought in the POTF2 line.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I pick the Luke's landspeeder also. Compatability with figures is the most important feature of any vehicle to me. More important than accuracy and scale.

Besides I prefer the wheels on the bottom of the landspeeder and I really like the "floating" feature.

I have to go with Zam's even though I have yet to open it. It is a much nicer looking toy and has more play value. You can imitate the courscant chase with Anakin's speeder.

Luke's speeder is just too plain looking and in the movie nothing exciting happens with his speeder. He simply drives it in the desert.

Had to vote for the land speeder only because the figure fits in there. In every other aspect Zam's speeder wins hands down.
    Wakarimasen
    Jedi

Many of you guys are going to dis me for saying this, but I picked Zam's speeder over the Landspeeder simply on its looks. This was an extremely hard one to pick for me for the following reasons:

Landspeeder
    Can fit four figures, although the back two fit poorly
    Floating capability
    Good realism/appearance to movie version
    I could care less about the hood, but it's a nice touch

Zam's Speeder
    Fits Zam really well
    Sleek look
    Crash 'n Bash feature is so kickin.
    Also reproduced well from the movie

IMO they're matched up equally, but I give the edge to the Zam Speeder just because it looks more attractive than the Landspeeder.

Call me superficial but that's how I have to boil down my vote.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Props go to Zams speedster. Nice design, and the green gets to me somehow..

Luke's speeder. Something about, not sure what but I just can't vote for Zam's Speeder of the landspeeder....
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I'm goin for Zams speeder. It looks better than Lukes and has more playability. Now as for getting Zam in there right I won't even discuss that
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]