Thread: stuck limbs

Thumbs down stuck limbs

Just a thought.......
    Only in the POTJ line did I experience limbs that dont move.
    The two cases in point IG88- one of his arms doesn't move. I find this one extremely odd as both arms appear to be on a bar and the opposite arm moves fine.
    Plo Koon-only one of his elbow twisting joints move which limits his lightsabre wielding technique.

Anyone else have any joint problems?

Is there a cure? (I wondered about wd40 but didnt know about long term effects ie discolouration, rot etc)
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

I wouldn't advise breaking out the can of WD-40 on those guys. I don't think it would help, and it would almost certainly have a negative effect on the plastic.

Oh well a left handed IG88 it is then

Some of the limbs just need to be worked on until they loosen out completely - the mass-production doesn't always guarantee the joints to be fully motile and without excess plastic once packed.

My R4's legs wouldn't budge when I first got him. So I twisted the joints left and right to loosen them, then I gave them a few full rotations to make sure they were fine.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Like Tenebrous said, some joints just need to be worked until they move free. However, it's vital to know the difference between a point of articulation moving -vs- a peg twisting. Sometimes it may feel as if the articulation is giving but it's rubbery or loose and sometimes not like the proper plastic-on-plastic friction - this is when you must be sure the articulation's peg isn't simply twisting because if it twists too much, the peg will give way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My IG-88's arms wouldn't move a first. I had to put a little extra elbow grease into it. Now it moves fine. I recommend turning it by holding the part of the arm where the joint is, to reduce any warping or bending.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I had the same problem with my Baby Boba, his arm's joint wouldn't move. Someone suggested to put it in the freezer until the peg hardened and then use the joint to get it working so that when it warmed up it would still work - the freezing idea worked perfectly. I suggest you try putting them in your freezer and then gently trying to turn the joints.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

just give em a bit of a tough twist and they;ll go. i had the same problem with my IG-88.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Thanks for all your advice