Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What's the best deal for the E1 DVD?

I've been looking around, and so far it looks like Costco will be offering it for $18.99. Anyone know of a better price through a national brick-and-mortar retailer? (I'd rather not run the risk of having it in my grubby little paws on the day it comes out.)

I've been holding off on pre-ordering it, hoping for giveaways like the ones that accompanied the video release. I've not heard of any, though--has anyone else?
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 09-25-2001 at 05:31 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well I just put one on pre-order with MVC here in the UK and it'll cost me 18.79 which is $27.64. So no, I haven't found a cheap deal

$17.95

Wal-Mart

If you complain at Sam's Club (or other Wholesale Clubs), you may get it cheaper as you pay a membership to get discounted merchandise.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

BEST BUY has it advertised for $17.99 this week.

that's what the circular I just received from them reads at any rate.

I, on the other hand, got the best deal of all!!! I didn't have to pay for mine! A friend got it for me!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I got mine at Best Buy for $17.99 AFTER trying Sam's Club. They were asking $19.99. I'm SO glad I paid for that membership...
    Last edited by MisterPL; 10-17-2001 at 01:08 PM.

I got Wally World to match Circuit City's $17.99 ad. I went back later that day and they'd dropped it another 11 cents to $17.88.

I'm seriously thinking of going back when they're less busy and getting them to give me the 11 cents back, just on the principle!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Talking

Actaully, Considering the "Perks" Best Buy is the best deal, it is 17.99, plus you get a CD-ROM with a demo of Battlegrounds, and movies for all the new games!
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

Hmmmm. . . . In my area, Best Buy only advertised they had a "Hot Price," and when I called I was told it was $22.99. Stupid employee, perhaps, but it lost them a sale.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thumbs up

I got my DVD yesterday afternoon at Target. I was totally surprised that they had it for $17.99. I wanted to get it at Best Buy, but in Utah they don't have any. I didn't even think about Circuit City until I saw Chuxter's post. Man, anybody who paid more got really rooked!

I actually paid less for this set than I did for the Mummy Returns crummy single DVD.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas