Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do the lightsabers mean?

Upon entering these forums, there's the list of places to go: Video Games, Reviews, General Discussion, Episode III (Spoilers), etc., but sometimes next to one of these is a red lightsaber igniting...what does that mean?

It means there is a new post.See the bottom of the page,and it explains the lightsabers
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

You need to ask your big brother about these things...

Don't go making yourself look all a fool on these forums. We have our family name to uphold!

Miss Insanity is correct, though. The symbol codes are at the bottom of the main forum screen.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

That's what I always thought...but I always look for something explaining it...and it said nothing. Besides, I've gone to forums when there were new posts and the saber was merely a hilt!

Sorry for making a moron of myself...I'm really just as cool as my big brother JEDIpartnr! Honest!

yeah... honest!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

It means "business".
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by DeadEye
    That's what I always thought...but I always look for something explaining it...and it said nothing. Besides, I've gone to forums when there were new posts and the saber was merely a hilt!
    Either you just saw it when the blade "de-ignited" and didn't see it re-ignite, or someone made a post after you had loaded the page so it didn't have the info to display it when you loaded it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Ok. Makes sense. Thanks.

(Here's hoping people won't think I'm some moron!)

Suuuuure your no moron deadeye, I believe you
    no really, I do

j/k Deadeye, dumb things can happen to anybody from time to time

Basker, I designed the current set of lightsaber icons so that the "on" version (an animated gif), when stopped, would appear in its original or final state - both the beginning and end should be the "full-blade" position. However, I have noticed that while the page is loading, the gif's animation seems to slow down, which gives the appearance of being the "off" version -- such is the wacky nature of animated gifs and web browsers.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.