Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Since when does "exclusive" mean "available everywhere?"

I've gotta say, I am in full-fledged ****ed-off mode right now. I went to C2, and the first day I spent my first 2 hours on line at the store so that I could be sure to get my Jorg Sacul action figures. I got them, and I was happy because I knew they would only be sold there. And then I find out that scalpers were paying upwards of $50 at the convention for the figure. No big deal, I expect that. And now the Fan Club & Hasbro are shipping them out to retailers. Why did I waste my time on line when I could have just waited a month and bought them for slightly more? I have never been a big fan of exclusives, but I understood them for marketing reasons. Fine. But this one was supposed to be for the die-hard fans who went to Indy (some from across the country, and some from other countries), and now we have been cheated of our bragging rights and our pride by a greedy company. Some people will say that they want one too, but they couldn't go to C2. Well that is a shame, but tough s@@@. If you want them that badly, go buy them off e-bay. The store (and thus Hasbro & WotC) did such a bad job with the 2-figures-per-person limit, I'd bet half of the ones sold at C2 are on e-bay. But that is a different rant.
    "Watch out for that guy over there. Every time new figures come out he wishes for an "anatomically correct" Padme. He went crazy looking for the Amidala without the purple stockings." -- overheard at Midnight Madness 2002.

I can understand why you'd be PO'd, but for the other 99.9% of us star wars fans who didn't go to C2, I'm sure we'd all like a Sacul. I don't think it's fair the retailers that do get the Sacul in should mark it up though. I mean, weren't these things 10 bucks at C2?

First, yes they were $10 at C2. As far as the fans who didn't get one because they didn't/couldn't go to the convention . . . well, to be blunt, sucks to be you. I am not trying to be mean. Hasbro said time and time again that the figure would never be available outside the convention. That is the point of being exclusive. Why bother making something exclusive, promoting it as such, then turning around and destroying the collectability of that item by offering it to retailers?
    "Watch out for that guy over there. Every time new figures come out he wishes for an "anatomically correct" Padme. He went crazy looking for the Amidala without the purple stockings." -- overheard at Midnight Madness 2002.

You have got to be kidding me. I was one of the stupid @$*&^@ heads who bought the figure BEFORE the convention on E-bay, paying $90 for it, and getting it in only about C8.5-C9 condition. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy to see 600 of them up on E-bay during and after the convention for $50-60. And now they're going to be all over the place. Grrr...

I'm not a happy camper.
    Last edited by Orn Free Taa; 06-14-2002 at 12:11 PM.

Um, it's $88.55 at R2Dtoys. That's nowhere near Hasbro's suggested retail price, so don't even bother with them.

And TF Vader was only in Spain at retail, nothing wrong with that.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

No, IT SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!!

see, because we get Sacul now....and therefore your "Priceless Collectable" becomes something that EVERYBODY can have.....

which means, that not only did you overpay, but the scalpers on Ebay will no longer have a stranglehold on the distribution.....

ain't capitalism grand?
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Where is this being sold at? R2DToys is charging a price that is way out of range. So, is Brianstoys and every other pro scalper site. So, how does that make it better? Where did you see this beign sold at retail? Please clue in the rest of us.

Thanks,
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

It just sucks, period.

Like 4Q2, I'm pretty livid over this whole thing. I didn't go to C2, but if I was told that Jorg was supposed to be an exclusive I would be beside myself at this little tidbit. You wait in line forever, then possibly don't get the figure so some penis wrinkle can get them from WOTC and scalp them later on?! How would you feel if you got the shaft twice?

Stillakid started a thread on this earlier, so I ranted there too.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Exclusives like that are stupid, and the thing is, alot of collectors who DID go to Celebration II lost out on Sacul due to BAD planning by Hasbro and people getting back in line for more than 2 a day.

I can understand exclusives when it comes to the only way to get something out like the Carbon Freeze Chamber or the TIE Bomber, but when it comes to Exclusives that make collectors have to fight scalpers and spend a bunch for the exclusive it IS ridiculous.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by Taichi
    No, IT SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!!

see, because we get Sacul now....and therefore your "Priceless Collectable" becomes something that EVERYBODY can have.....

which means, that not only did you overpay, but the scalpers on Ebay will no longer have a stranglehold on the distribution.....

ain't capitalism grand?
    Gee, thanks.